Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

From GF parties šŸ˜‚ absolute fear mongering.

Also more bullshit to suggest itā€™s only the construction industry not following the rules - I travel site to site from office blocks to manufacturing plants to construction sites every day and have all pandemic. Sure you sign a book on entry but I can assure you that there is a relaxed view of the restrictions in probably 90% of the places you go, because no one gives a fu** anymore. ā€œItā€™s just those bloody construction workers!!ā€ Says Andrew the accountant who hasnā€™t left his house in 2 years and has literally 0 idea what goes on in the real world šŸ˜‚

So many people think it doesn't apply to them. That it's someone else's problem. That's how we got here.

In the Depression, Public Service employees and politicians' wages were reduced. 2 years, now. The brunt of the pandemic has been borne by those who can't work from home and the self employed. Politicians, public servants ?

Police, paramedics, nurses are all public servants. As long as we're happy with cutting their wages for putting their lives on the line for us?

Police, paramedics, nurses are all public servants. As long as we're happy with cutting their wages for putting their lives on the line for us?
You missed Ambos, DR. I was thinking about desk wallahs and those attending in-house choice of personal pronoun sessions but, now that you raise it, why are physios, home help, dentists, security, optometrists, snake catchers etc any different ? It's only a question of who pays them and we're all in this together, remember. Yep, all public servants and especially Politicians.

Last edited:

You missed Ambos, DR. I was thinking about desk wallahs and those attending in-house choice of personal pronoun sessions but, now that you raise it, why are physios, home help, dentists, security, optometrists, snake catchers etc any different ? It's only a question of who pays them and we're all in this together, remember. Yep, all public servants and especially Politicians.

Get where you're coming from and as someone who has worked in the public service in the distant past, I know there are some desk jockeys who sit on their a**** or do very little but shuffle paper and look busy, so by all means don't just cut their pay, cut them full stop.

Get where you're coming from and as someone who has worked in the public service in the distant past, I know there are some desk jockeys who sit on their a**** or do very little but shuffle paper and look busy, so by all means don't just cut their pay, cut them full stop.
There's a fair bit of humour in my approach, DR. I remember a short stint I did in the Vic Health Department in Queen Street all those years ago. I had an important job, the State would have fallen into chaos without me, recording rec leave and sick leave entitlements of employees at Heatherton and Gresswell Sanitoria on a card index. Footy content. One of the young women, quite tidy, in the Department was going out with Dallas Patterson.

Gladys the corrupt quit today. She should have quit months agoā€¦. Will her successor shift further to the left or right? That will be an interesting decision for NSW Liberals. The National Covid response will likely change as a result.

Everything that happens in the world unfairly burdens the working poor.

If the restrictions weren't in place it would be the working poor getting ill and dying in their droves, not wealthy people sitting in their home offices. So they'd be ill, their family and friends would be ill, their work opportunities would still be massively affected, and they probably wouldn't even get any extra income support from everyone's favourite money man Frydenberg. Meanwhile the wealthy would be sitting at home hanging out in the garden having everything they need delivered to their door.

In the short term, restricting movement while providing additional income support to affected workers is about the best you can do in that situation.

In the long term, it's time for some major wealth redistribution..

I can tell you that working in a 3x3 spare bedroom for 50 hrs a week for 2 years is not all that great like you're implying. This is affecting all of us in different ways, none greater than the other. I'd give anything to be able to go and work at different locations and see different people on site. I had a pretty good routine of gym, sport and walks/runs. Now i have zero and put on weight. No doubt this will impact me later in life and i'll never return to any sort of fitness level prior to this especially at the age i'm approaching. Yeah i'm lucky to still have a job and finances are not an issue for me but there are different sides to everyones story here which you should think about. And don't think your "wealthy" people as those stupid celebrity/influencers doing the wrong thing, that ain't true mate.
Regarding wealth redistribution maybe those "wealthy" people lapping it up at home can have more social time, restaurants, movies, footy etc.... see how stupid that sounds

I can still take my dog to the pub up here in Brissie. A few years ago he even stood on a Karaoke stage with me and wagged his tail as I destroyed a Bowie classic.
You go to the pub on the bus? Or is it walking distance, because you wouldn't drive would you? Not in the land of the "free".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You go to the pub on the bus? Or is it walking distance, because you wouldn't drive would you? Not in the land of the "free".
Never taken the old bloke on a bus, he is happy in the back of my ute and that is no dramas up here either. He lives a good life, although he only drinks midstrength now he is 11.

I can tell you that working in a 3x3 spare bedroom for 50 hrs a week for 2 years is not all that great like you're implying. This is affecting all of us in different ways, none greater than the other. I'd give anything to be able to go and work at different locations and see different people on site. I had a pretty good routine of gym, sport and walks/runs. Now i have zero and put on weight. No doubt this will impact me later in life and i'll never return to any sort of fitness level prior to this especially at the age i'm approaching. Yeah i'm lucky to still have a job and finances are not an issue for me but there are different sides to everyones story here which you should think about. And don't think your "wealthy" people as those stupid celebrity/influencers doing the wrong thing, that ain't true mate.
Regarding wealth redistribution maybe those "wealthy" people lapping it up at home can have more social time, restaurants, movies, footy etc.... see how stupid that sounds
If working in a smaller room and putting on some weight is all Covid has cost you then I think you can count yourself pretty lucky.

I donā€™t really agree with much of what Freshwater has to say on this topic, but there are definitely those that have suffered more than others in this pandemic.

There's a fair bit of humour in my approach, DR. I remember a short stint I did in the Vic Health Department in Queen Street all those years ago. I had an important job, the State would have fallen into chaos without me, recording rec leave and sick leave entitlements of employees at Heatherton and Gresswell Sanitoria on a card index. Footy content. One of the young women, quite tidy, in the Department was going out with Dallas Patterson.
81A8F89A-13D9-4ADD-95C6-6626AE49C927.gif

If working in a smaller room and putting on some weight is all Covid has cost you then I think you can count yourself pretty lucky.

I donā€™t really agree with much of what Freshwater has to say on this topic, but there are definitely those that have suffered more than others in this pandemic.

$XXX,XXX last estimate.

Lesson for kiddies at home. DO NOT OVER LEVERAGE!

In the Depression, Public Service employees and politicians' wages were reduced. 2 years, now. The brunt of the pandemic has been borne by those who can't work from home and the self employed. Politicians, public servants ?
I agree. That doesn't make them hypocrites though. Just fortunate.

This time last year I would agree with you, but this lockdown I've found really rough in my smaller room and other issues. I could go through many more issues covid has cost me, that was just one example off the top of my head. They are all non-financial but that doesn't make them any less. Some things are more important to people and id absolutely give up some financial stability right now if it meant having more social interaction or doing some normal things.
Obviously if someone life is on the brink then that's a different story. I'm sure everyone here could write a huge list of their personal costs. Freshwater is spot on that we need to get outside and continue being human, even if that results in more cases.
What I'm trying say is don't bother judging what cost others have taken as there are so many layers other than the obvious I can't work or getting paid less. No one is a winner here

Is resilience a concept
from some past generation ?
Certainly not for us !

The London Blitz , plague , holocaust etc
Wonder how their mental health was , let alone their economic well being ?
Of course they must of been made of sturdier stuff way back then.

By the way Hastings was no picnic !

Been through all the Netflix docoā€™s , anyone got any suggestions ?

Is resilience a concept
from some past generation ?
Certainly not for us !

The London Blitz , plague , holocaust etc
Wonder how their mental health was , let alone their economic well being ?
Of course they must of been made of sturdier stuff way back then.

By the way Hastings was no picnic !

Been through all the Netflix docoā€™s , anyone got any suggestions ?
They were a lot tougher back then old son, now our society are a bunch of weak campaigners and I blame the internet for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back