Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

NBA season has been suspended.

Rudy Gobert has tested positive to it.

And he also happens to be a ******* idiot.

As shown by this immature stunt yesterday;

Now he probably didn't know he had the virus at the time he pulled this stunt, but that doesn't take away from the fact of how ******* stupid he is.
He better pray to god that no reporter gets the virus because of him, or he could be getting sued for millions.

Last edited:
Our season will inevitably be cancelled too you watch. Pissed off. I’m thinking even round 1 will be a no go for fans, I’m really pissed off

Our season will inevitably be cancelled too you watch. Pissed off. I’m thinking even round 1 will be a no go for fans, I’m really pissed off

Get a grip of yourself - there are more important things in this world than AFL

I can't believe I still have to come to work and teach 27 children. This is where the virus will spread most. Hurry up and shut the schools down you peanuts.

I don't want to scare you mate, but so far it's looking like children are almost immune to the effects of Covid-19, but just like any other flu they are extremely efficient at spreading it. Which is a very scary combination for a school teacher because you could have students infected with Covid-19 who don't even know it themselves as they are showing barely any symptoms, who continue to attend school putting everyone at risk.

I don't want to scare you mate, but so far it's looking like children are almost immune to the effects of Covid-19, but just like any other flu they are extremely efficient at spreading it. Which is a very scary combination for a school teacher because you could have students infected with Covid-19 who don't even know it themselves as they are showing barely any symptoms, who continue to attend school putting everyone at risk.
Exactly the reason schools will need to shut down, unfortunately. One child showing up with the virus will result in 25+ families becoming infected.

Hopefully someone wise can educate me here. The plan seems to be separate people and stop the virus spreading. However, unless every individual on the planet is clear of the virus at the same time, couldn’t one infected person basically set the ball rolling for a pandemic all over again?

I can’t believe this has all come about because of some stupid f**ker eating bats!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NCAA men’s B’ball tourney will be played behind closed doors but my guess is that’ll be cancelled too.

Exactly the reason schools will need to shut down, unfortunately. One child showing up with the virus will result in 25+ families becoming infected.

Hopefully someone wise can educate me here. The plan seems to be separate people and stop the virus spreading. However, unless every individual on the planet is clear of the virus at the same time, couldn’t one infected person basically set the ball rolling for a pandemic all over again?

I can’t believe this has all come about because of some stupid f**ker eating bats!
As I understand it the idea is to slow the spread rather than stop it. That way there isn't a spike of infections that overwhelms the health care system. Whether or not the virus keeps on returning depends on how much it mutates (like the flu for example) and how effective any vaccine that is created is

We're not going to stop the spread entirely. Our efforts now are to slow it down as much as possible so that our hospitals don't become overwhelmed. It'll most likely just become another of the viruses we have to content with. There will be a vaccine available in about two years.

I'd be shocked if the season doesn't get suspended... and then cancelled :pensive:
This is going to take a while to get through the population (estimates being 6-12 months) during which we will need to continue with social distancing and avoiding mass gatherings.

"Everything we do before a pandemic will seem alarmist. Everything we do after a pandemic will seem inadequate" - Michael Leavitt, 2007

1 in 15 death rate according to my maths in Italy:

"The coronavirus outbreak in Italy has killed 827 people, up nearly 200 from a day earlier. Some 12,462 people have been infected, prompting the government to announce a new wave of measures on top of its earlier decision to lock down the whole country until early April."

Your casual relief primary school teacher might be living on stale crusts and water for a while, if there's any left in the ALDI dumpster

1 in 15 death rate according to my maths in Italy:

"The coronavirus outbreak in Italy has killed 827 people, up nearly 200 from a day earlier. Some 12,462 people have been infected, prompting the government to announce a new wave of measures on top of its earlier decision to lock down the whole country until early April."

Your casual relief primary school teacher might be living on stale crusts and water for a while, if there's any left in the ALDI dumpster
I believe that's how many people have had a positive test, which isn't the same as how many people have been infected as mild cases are more likely to be missed. Unfortunately they also say Italy (and other countries like Australia) have an older population so you would expect a higher fatality rate.

I literally start my new job on Monday, which is on a contract basis to start with so annual or sick leave.

My first question to them is going to be about what impact this could have, considering it will be in a corporate CBD office with ~300 people.

I just left my full time job 2 weeks ago to take this up, now I’m wondering just how ****ed I could possibly be.

I literally start my new job on Monday, which is on a contract basis to start with so annual or sick leave.

My first question to them is going to be about what impact this could have, considering it will be in a corporate CBD office with ~300 people.

I just left my full time job 2 weeks ago to take this up, now I’m wondering just how f’ed I could possibly be.
Surely they have working from home plans?

I’m a mankini model, IT consultant and part-time farmer and even more part-time internet troll, although I often confuse the four. Thankfully there is still high demand for one of those, no matter what happens... 😀

Surely they have working from home plans?

I did ask at my interview about it & they said no, but I’d imagine with a scenario like this it should be a quick possibility. I hope, anyway

I did ask at my interview about it & they said no, but I’d imagine with a scenario like this it should be a quick possibility. I hope, anyway

Large corporate CBD office - they’d be irresponsible if they don’t have contingency plans, especially in this age of digital mobility. Hope it works out - I left a permanent job years ago to go contracting, never looked back, then tree-changed to de-stress. Less money in the bush, but lifestyle!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back