Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw speculation about having an extra player on the interchange/more interchanges allowed too. Would be good for us given that every best 22 we can come up with leave out at least one very good player.

Yeah, spot on. Would be great seeing some of the young blokes getting a run. This way is right up Bevos alley

I’m f*cked boys, stuck OS and no way to get home for at least 10 days at this point. The fortunate part is me being overseas was as a result of my employment so my job should be okay. Will update.

I am considering starting my own thread so you can monitor by sanity.
Stay safe BrisDog. Hopefully where ever you are, there is good quality healthcare available if required.

I saw speculation about having an extra player on the interchange/more interchanges allowed too. Would be good for us given that every best 22 we can come up with leave out at least one very good player.
Shortened games + extra interchange means the AFL are clearly preparing for a compressed season. I expect some mid-week games and a lot of 5 day turnarounds. Whoever posted 5 games in 4 weeks earlier is probably on the money.

Right now personal opinion is some football is better than no football. I'd imagine most payers are the same - after the slog of a long pre-season they would be itching to play.

I’m f*cked boys, stuck OS and no way to get home for at least 10 days at this point. The fortunate part is me being overseas was as a result of my employment so my job should be okay. Will update.

I am considering starting my own thread so you can monitor my sanity.
What makes you think we haven't been doing that all along? JOKE. Hope you are ok and comfortable and can watch the footy (if it goes ahead - if it doesn't there's not much point coming home at all :( ). Download a few of the books mentioned above.

Someone has texted in to SEN and advised that Marvel Stadium staff have been told to stop preparing for Round 1.

Take that for what it's worth.
I wonder if that is based on the new indoor 100 people gathering rules. Surely just opening the roof means it ceases to be 'indoor' though.

Cool. I was wondering about the reading order. I've seen the 23 book reading order recommended by Erikson and Esslemont. Did you go in this order or did you read the main 10 first before branching out to the others?

I read the main ten and branched out. If I had my time again I would read some of the esstlemont ones inbetween

the later trilogy from erikson was wayyyy to slow. Avoid.

I've now been inside my home for ten days since I'm in the high risk category. It looks like my groceries will be delivered tomorrow and Monday from Woolies. My chemist delivered three prescriptions so I'm OK with them for at least six weeks. I think I will cancel my cleaning lady for Friday. I plan on doing one cleaning task a day so I don't get too tired. I have two doctors appointments with my neurologists at St Vincent's on Friday Apr 3rd that I might cancel, but I'll wait on those.

My life the past two years has been mostly staying at home because of my illness so it seems like I've done my apprenticeship. As long as my TV and laptop are OK, I should be OK. I heard that there was a blackout in some Melbourne suburb this morning. Now that, might kill me. I need my a/c on in weather like today. I can't wait for the weather to stay cool for a lengthy amount of time. I have so many books here that I could read. I got 'Bridge of Spies' for a Christmas gift which I might start on. I'll have to find my copy of 'To Kill a Mockingbird' to read for about the twentieth time.

Stay safe and keep an eye out for the elderly, especially your grandmums and granddads and your parents, if they have reached this glorious age of their golden years. (Actually it ain't all that it's cracked up to be! ;) )

Edited to add: I just rang Moonee Valley Council and they've canceled all home cleaning services until further notice.

Last edited:
I've now been inside my home for ten days since I'm in the high risk category. It looks like my groceries will be delivered tomorrow and Monday from Woolies. My chemist delivered three prescriptions so I'm OK with them for at least six weeks. I think I will cancel my cleaning lady for Friday. I plan on doing one cleaning task a day so I don't get too tired. I have two doctors appointments with my neurologists at St Vincent's on Friday Apr 3rd that I might cancel, but I'll wait on those.

My life the past two years has been mostly staying at home because of my illness so it seems like I've done my apprenticeship. As long as my TV and laptop are OK, I should be OK. I heard that there was a blackout in some Melbourne suburb this morning. Now that, might kill me. I need my a/c on in weather like today. I can't wait for the weather to stay cool for a lengthy amount of time. I have so many books here that I could read. I got 'Bridge of Spies' for a Christmas gift which I might start on. I'll have to find my copy of 'To Kill a Mockingbird' to read for about the twentieth time.

Stay safe and keep an eye out for the elderly, especially your grandmums and granddads and your parents, if they have reached this glorious age of their golden years. (Actually it ain't all that it's cracked up to be! ;) )
Stay safe and give us all updates :thumbsu:

Edited to add: I just rang Moonee Valley Council and they've canceled all home cleaning services until further notice.
I imagine you're also following the Democratic primaries while you're bidin' your time at home.

Unrelated but is your profile pic the flight centre guy?
Yeah. Life's tough right now being a former fake pilot spokesman for a travel company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stay safe & well Chicago - we love reading your posts on the forum!

If you need anything urgently or there's something you think I could help with let me know. Happy to as I'm not too far away. I could just leave goods on your doorstep. You can send me a private message on here (although I'm not sure how you do that) if you feel funny about putting it on for public viewing.

Stay safe & well Chicago - we love reading your posts on the forum!

If you need anything urgently or there's something you think I could help with let me know. Happy to as I'm not too far away. I could just leave goods on your doorstep. You can send me a private message on here (although I'm not sure how you do that) if you feel funny about putting it on for public viewing.

I'm close to that area too if you need a hand.

AFL discussions have been going on a while. I’m tipping they’ve decide to go ahead with it but sorting through how it’s going to look moving forward and the messaging they’ll use in the following presser.

Chicago i am in your demographic and probably have a contrary political outlook to you but i love your fondness for our club and i hope we both stay around to watch our next flag and either Bont or Macrae or some other present player winning a Brownlow.
Good luck and best wishes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back