Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Strange how we have to buy tickets as part of Covid control then everyone is jammed in together inside

The grounds and ticket sellers are using it as an excuse to try and make up the money they lost from last season, just screw over the supporters and it seems the clubs are happy to let it go on.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With the population we have we should be able to shut all the borders for a month and vaccinate everyone that wants it done.

Get everyone done then open up

Scomo and premiers need to stop playing politics, pull their heads in and just get it done

Not enough vaccine to do this. Production would only even be 100,000 per day and no other country (apart from Russia and we don’t want that ‘vaccine’) will send us any.

Vaccination System not set up to even do 10,000 per day, let alone the 500,000+ we would need to do this in a month.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The US is trying to get to 2,000,000 per day, up from the 1,700,000 they are doing each day.
Their system works, because they allow anyone who is lined up without an appointment to get a vaccine.... IF someone doesn’t show up for their vaccine.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not enough vaccine to do this. Production would only even be 100,000 per day and no other country (apart from Russia and we don’t want that ‘vaccine’) will send us any.

Vaccination System not set up to even do 10,000 per day, let alone the 500,000+ we would need to do this in a month.

Then surely we should be running out of vaccine getting as many people done ASAP

As I’ve continually said, there isn’t a politician in the world worth a pinch of sh!t.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Then surely we should be running out of vaccine getting as many people done ASAP

As I’ve continually said, there isn’t a politician in the world worth a pinch of sh!t.

Agree mate.

It’s a complete balls up. People need to vote for competence not marketing. That goes for state and federal.

With the population we have we should be able to shut all the borders for a month and vaccinate everyone that wants it done.

Scomo and premiers need to stop playing politics, pull their heads in and just get it done
A recent poll said 30% of people under 60 are hesitant to get the jab. There’s a lot of negativity in the media, every setback amplified, sowing doubt. It’s vital we get the first couple of categories fully vaccinated ASAP then work on the other groups. I’m not convinced we’ll get to 80-90% which is what they want.

The grounds and ticket sellers are using it as an excuse to try and make up the money they lost from last season, just screw over the supporters and it seems the clubs are happy to let it go on.
If they pack everyone into a few sections they can save money on cleaning and security.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A recent poll said 30% of people under 60 are hesitant to get the jab. There’s a lot of negativity in the media, every setback amplified, sowing doubt. It’s vital we get the first couple of categories fully vaccinated ASAP then work on the other groups. I’m not convinced we’ll get to 80-90% which is what they want.

We need ~90% for herd immunity with AstroZenica. The Government isn’t even trying to combat the vaccine misinformation, as the ones pushing it are RIght Wing media types.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agree mate.

It’s a complete balls up. People need to vote for competence not marketing. That goes for state and federal.

Vote for competence?

So who is that voting for? 😂😂😂😂

People will ALWAYS vote for self interest and then try to hide behind social issues as to why they voted that way.

Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
If they pack everyone into a few sections they can save money on cleaning and security.

Yep and I'm sure that all the "free" tickets that members have been given register on the ticket sellers system as "seat on the back row up the very top or an obstructed seat" that way people will want to move to a better seat that requires them to pay for the privilege.

Think about it MD ... 25 million people vaccinated twice in a month. That’s 1.7 million vaccinations a day or about 200,000 an hour. Nearly 3000 every minute.

No country in the world has got close to that.

And that’s before we consider how we could possibly acquire 50 million doses to roll out in the space of 30 days.

October is now looking very optimistic and that’s only for people to have had the first jab.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Think about it MD ... 25 million people vaccinated twice in a month. That’s 1.7 million vaccinations a day or about 200,000 an hour. Nearly 3000 every minute.

And that’s before we consider how we could possibly acquire 50 million doses to roll out in the space of 30 days.

October is now looking very optimistic and that’s only for people to have had the first jab.

The US has had a day of 1.7million doses. They have a lot more people and a lot less regulations around who can give the vaccines.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

It was hyperbole mate

Just get everyone done ASAP

We will spend half of winter locked down again for certain

It was hyperbole mate

Just get everyone done ASAP

We will spend half of winter locked down again for certain
Fair enough. We will be struggling to get even one jab done for everybody by October let alone two.

The biggest problem now is that the government has invested so much of its PR recovery and credibility into the vaccine rollout that it’s going to be a political s**t fight all the way instead of an orderly public health program.

I’m sick of it already and it’s got another year to run. If not longer.

The US has had a day of 1.7million doses. They have a lot more people and a lot less regulations around who can give the vaccines.
And a lot more doctors and nurses and clinics. They have thirteen times our population so roughly speaking we should divide 1.7 m by 13.

My brother and his wife were able to get their first jab of the Pfizer vaccine at a pharmacy in Phoenix on March 9. He's a yougin at just 63. Not sure when his second jab is scheduled. Back home we always got our flu shot at the Walgreen's down the street.

I called my GP's office and they can't even give me this year's flu shot yet. Haven't arrived. Hopefully after Easter. I do have a booking for Covid jab #1 on May 6 at a clinic a couple of blocks away.That would give me the two weeks needed after the flu shot. Last year I got my flu shot the week before we went into lockdown in early March.

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Herd immunity is the only thing that is going to save us. Without that people will get sick and end up in hospital as the virus cycles and recycles and mutates.

Leaving it up to individuals to book themselves will not work, half the population won’t, can’t, will give up if it’s too hard.

The government needs a strategy/ education program. They need to make it easy to get the jab. We need 70% min people jabbed to be able to open things up again and it’s not going to happen whilst Sco Mo avoids accountability.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Tories could learn a thing or too from Annastacia just quietly. The Queen of short, sharp, effective lock downs and clear communication.

No smirk, no cover-ups, no lies.

Last edited:

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And a lot more doctors and nurses and clinics. They have thirteen times our population so roughly speaking we should divide 1.7 m by 13.

I was really wrong about the numbers in the US, it’s nearly 3million each day. Much higher than I thought it was.
16.4% of their population has already been vaccinated.

I had to walk through 6 bays on level three to get to the beer stand that was open. It is as if they want us to catch it.
Also with the QR code I asked where you scan it as I went through the gate - lady on the gate said you do it inside. They had the things to scan inside and I was looking at it but another staff member said you don’t have to do it. Nobody seemed to be scanning it

Back