Coronavirus/COVID-19

Also with the QR code I asked where you scan it as I went through the gate - lady on the gate said you do it inside. They had the things to scan inside and I was looking at it but another staff member said you don’t have to do it. Nobody seemed to be scanning it
Sounds like it depends what kind of gate attendant you get. The lady at our section was making sure every person that walked in had scanned it.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
QR scanning in Victoria is so lax compared to other states.

Shops in Sydney won't let you through the door until you show you've scanned.

Good to hear that Vic are cracking down on this in the coming days/weeks(?)

So it will it be good to hear that the footy gets the same treatment as the music festivals?

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
US vaccinated more than 4million people in one day. IF we divide this by 13, which is the difference in population, we get 300,000/day. Now, we have managed under 600,000 in 2 months. So we are going
We are told that “it isn’t a race” BUT until vaccination happens, our borders remain shut, our tertiary education system mostly closed, hospitality venues restricted, tourist not here and agricultural industries are without the workers they need.

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

The last two games, I’ve walked straight in without checking in, but what is with keeping everyone in clusters around the ground? I was on level 3 with two friends, and we have people to the left and right of us with no spaces? Wtf?

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
US vaccinated more than 4million people in one day. IF we divide this by 13, which is the difference in population, we get 300,000/day. Now, we have managed under 600,000 in 2 months. So we are going
We are told that “it isn’t a race” BUT until vaccination happens, our borders remain shut, our tertiary education system mostly closed, hospitality venues restricted, tourist not here and agricultural industries are without the workers they need.
What are you talking about borders remain shut? International travelers are still coming in. There’s 10 cases in SA right now, all from overseas

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What are you talking about borders remain shut? International travelers are still coming in. There’s 10 cases in SA right now, all from overseas

I get the feeling that the re-opening of the borders is the elephant in the room, the government is too terrified to discuss.

if we don’t get herd immunity- what do we do?

We should be discussing it now because things will get pretty ugly once > 50% of population gets vaccinated and the rest of the world starts opening up.

What chance the states and the feds don’t resort to fighting.

They were saying on AW it was the RSL who restricted numbers for the march?? Edit- apparently the ANZAAC Day committee whoever they are not RSL
Someone rang and said the ANZAACs should call it a protest instead of a march then no restrictions, problem solved

1617666497817.png

Last edited:
Our borders remain shut to anyone other than returning Australians.
These are returning citizens NOT tourists, overseas workers or students.
There are definitely overseas workers, from Pacific Islands and elsewhere, plus film crews, sporting teams, celebrities and mysterious people like the pair who came from Germany via Hong Kong, got off the plane in Sydney and straight onto a flight to Melbourne without any checks or instructions to quarantine; apparently here to visit relatives but their status hasn't been revealed afaik.

Whacky that they are only letting 5000 Anzacs march

Absolute far king disgrace.

Footy crowds fine. People who might only have a few years left to remember their mates not fine.

Gives me the s-hits

There are definitely overseas workers, from Pacific Islands and elsewhere, plus film crews, sporting teams, celebrities and mysterious people like the pair who came from Germany via Hong Kong, got off the plane in Sydney and straight onto a flight to Melbourne without any checks or instructions to quarantine; apparently here to visit relatives but their status hasn't been revealed afaik.
This is correct, not just tennis players. People on business, sportspeople, those with special skills etc. Celebs usually find a way too (fame and money talk). Maybe some cases of compassionate exemptions (eg dying parent). And of course foreign diplomats arriving at their Australian mission.

Most are required to do two weeks HQ. Foreign diplomats are just expected to do the right thing because they have diplomatic immunity from our laws.
The German couple was just a stuff-up at Sydney airport. Supposedly had no idea they were doing the wrong thing. (Hmmm :think: )

Our borders are however closed pretty firmly to casual tourism and people travelling on personal business. AFAIK we still can't take overseas trips ourselves - certainly not if we want easy re-entry. The NZ travel bubble excepted.

Not that I'd want to go anywhere else right now ... except maybe NZ.

Back