Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI Pfizer is making people quite ill on first dose and az on second dose.

Even the merest mention of proposed incentives is stupid as people that were thinking about getting it will hold out until there is something in it for them. Shitshow.

I thought it was the other way around. AZ first dose & nothing 2nd. PF nothing first dose but might 2nd

FYI Pfizer is making people quite ill on first dose and az on second dose.

Even the merest mention of proposed incentives is stupid as people that were thinking about getting it will hold out until there is something in it for them. Shitshow.

Think its the other way round. After AZ dose #1 last week, same night I had fever, chills and aches. Took some ibuprofen went to bed, fine 24 hours later. Many people reporting 24-48 hours of discomfort, but gone within 72 hours. I know the head of a dept at a Melb hospital - approx 50% of staff had one, or sometimes 2, days off after first dose of AZ, due to several flu-like symptoms. Most back to normal after 24 hours, virtually all fine after 48. Small price to pay, IMO.

Yanks are doing a lotto in some states aren't they?
Honestly it's a brilliant method of encouraging uptake. Generally those most resistant to professional medical advice are older and/or less educated, while the lottery is also more popular with the older generations and/or the uneducated.

There is correlation, and at the cost of a few million dollars, it can potentially massively increase vaccination rates.

Pretty happy we are letting all these part time aussies back in so they can infect the country again.

But at least that one bloke got to go to the wedding in India and enjoy himself while Covid rips the country apart.

Racism card trumps the safety of real aussies unfortunately

I look forward to your definition of what a real Aussie is, you racist piece of crap.

I look forward to your definition of what a real Aussie is, you racist piece of crap.

Oh you still think I care what you think, how sweet.

Real aussies are people that live here full time and don’t choose to come back when the country they prefer to live in becomes a Covid hotspot, hence the part time aussie comment. And I never referred to race, colour or creed. There are hundreds of “white” aussies in India begging to come home.

There are people all over the earth trying to get back here and imo all of them should be banned regardless. That includes friends of mine that choose to go overseas knowing this could happen

Next assumption and label? 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Think its the other way round. After AZ dose #1 last week, same night I had fever, chills and aches. Took some ibuprofen went to bed, fine 24 hours later. Many people reporting 24-48 hours of discomfort, but gone within 72 hours. I know the head of a dept at a Melb hospital - approx 50% of staff had one, or sometimes 2, days off after first dose of AZ, due to several flu-like symptoms. Most back to normal after 24 hours, virtually all fine after 48. Small price to pay, IMO.
Gee whiz, MOST vaccinations have SOME sort of reaction, painful arm, a bit of fever, a headache, even the flu vaccine, no one ever made a fuss before now. We are so soft and risk-averse, well coached by our “leaders”.

Gee whiz, MOST vaccinations have SOME sort of reaction, painful arm, a bit of fever, a headache, even the flu vaccine, no one ever made a fuss before now. We are so soft and risk-averse, well coached by our “leaders”.

When political parties concentrate on fear campaigns for votes, the electorate becomes risk-averse. It’s where we are at now.... unfortunately the governments (all) aren’t in any hurry to open things up again.

I’ve never had the flu shot but got it this year

Knocked me on my ass for a week. Heading in this month to get Pfizer so can report my own experience, if I don’t drop dead 💀

Oh you still think I care what you think, how sweet.

Real aussies are people that live here full time and don’t choose to come back when the country they prefer to live in becomes a Covid hotspot, hence the part time aussie comment. And I never referred to race, colour or creed.

There are people all over the earth trying to get back here and imo all of them should be banned regardless. That includes friends of mine that choose to go overseas knowing this could happen

Next assumption and label? 😂😂😂😂

Oh you care all right. You care what everyone on this forum thinks. No one has over 18,000 posts if they don't care what others think.

And someone that goes to India for wedding or funeral, is not a real Aussie. Ok

I’ve never had the flu shot but got it this year

Knocked me on my ass for a week. Heading in this month to get Pfizer so can report my own experience, if I don’t drop dead 💀
I’ve had AZ #1, brief headache, shivers for a while, fatigue the next day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had AZ #1, brief headache, shivers for a while, fatigue the next day.

I’m hoping I don’t get an averse reaction to Pfizer as the flu shot really wasn’t good. I was out for 5 days and felt like death.

In the end not a great burden but one I’d prefer to skip if possible.

Looking like Tuesday next week for me

Oh you care all right. You care what everyone on this forum thinks. No one has over 18,000 posts if they don't care what others think.

And someone that goes to India for wedding or funeral, is not a real Aussie. Ok
Be curious to know how people get permission to travel for a wedding?

My company can't get anyone into Australia for genuine work purposes (not citizens though but skills that are needed). I'm also told it's near impossible to get out (you're basically told don't come back till it's all over).

My company can't get anyone into Australia for genuine work purposes (not citizens though but skills that are needed). I'm also told it's near impossible to get out (you're basically told don't come back till it's all over).

Yep should never have been allowed to leave and then should never have been allowed to re enter.

Especially to a hotspot.

We need to ban all travel even in Oz until the country gets to a certain % of immunised. Force people to get the jab

There are small businesses hanging on by threads that won’t make it through more lockdowns.

I was thinking similar when Caro went to Europe recently to see her new granddaughter. Fair enough she quarantined when she got back but how did she get to go in the first place?

Got AZ dose #1 at Mercure Ballarat last week. Lunchtime walk in from work, 15 minutes wait, staff were great, positive atmosphere all round. Had plenty of doses on hand, could have done with more customers. Smooth process, even got a Chuppa Chup.

Vaccine hesitants sh1t me, work with quite a number. All intelligent people, yet the reasoning to "wait for Pfizer" is in many cases beyond stupid. These are people who work with complex issues every day, yet they think the incidence of blood clots is anywhere from 1 in 170,000 to 1 in 1,000! "I heard blah blah blah". FMD stop listening to bullsh1t rumours and social media, and listen to bloody medical experts!
What about the medical experts who tell us not to get any vaccines?

We got permission to leave & return. I will say it can be who you know, rather than why you are going. Which is horribly corrupt.... But it is what it is. The cost to return is huge and we chose not to go as a result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back