Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Political advertising is exempt from anti-SPAM laws.
I'm fairly certain the Reason Party are the only pollies who actually want politicians to be bound by the same standards as everyone else in this regard.

It's not in disarray. One of the cross-benchers who the govt hav not courted at all (Transport Matters party) was just on Melb radio - he is keen for legislation to be put in place, says the bill is too important to be a bad bill, and their feeling is a refined bill is their aim and the aim of other cross-benchers. He said ALL Vic cross-benchers are actively talking to the govt atm, are keen on a united front to ensure a refined bill, but accept at least one of their number may break ranks and either accept "pieces of silver" (his quote) to support the govt OR refuse to consider the bill at all. He was immediately followed by the Pres of the Vic Law Institute. She is also keen for legislation, as we can not have a vacuum if another pandemic occurs. LIV have contacted ALL Vic MPs and are also keen for a bill, just not in its current format.

As all other states have done, Victoria WILL have some legislation, just not in its current form. Picking out one article, even it is the relatively reputable Guardian, when you are not in Vic and across all the media down here, is naive.
This is what we have been calling for. The fact the old rushed bill had ‘reasonable cause’ in its wording had us so worried. The Andrews gov. thought they could just ram through such an important bill, and not consult with opponents was just arrogance. They even released the bill late on a Friday night.

It's not in disarray. One of the cross-benchers who the govt hav not courted at all (Transport Matters party) was just on Melb radio - he is keen for legislation to be put in place, says the bill is too important to be a bad bill, and their feeling is a refined bill is their aim and the aim of other cross-benchers. He said ALL Vic cross-benchers are actively talking to the govt atm, are keen on a united front to ensure a refined bill, but accept at least one of their number may break ranks and either accept "pieces of silver" (his quote) to support the govt OR refuse to consider the bill at all. He was immediately followed by the Pres of the Vic Law Institute. She is also keen for legislation, as we can not have a vacuum if another pandemic occurs. LIV have contacted ALL Vic MPs and are also keen for a bill, just not in its current format.

As all other states have done, Victoria WILL have some legislation, just not in its current form. Picking out one article, even it is the relatively reputable Guardian, when you are not in Vic and across all the media down here, is naive.

So the system is working perfectly? Who would have thought.

Who do I complain to that I keep getting unwanted texts from UAP?

Block the number it is being sent from…. Political advertising is exempt from spam laws and the UAP don’t have anyone to answer phone calls and have a good filter on their emails, so IF you complain, they don’t even open the email…. Not complaining and they may respond to emails….

(A wise man suggested that you could waste their time by asking questions and trying to take them down a new rabbit hole….) (Not suggesting that this is very entertaining but it could be)

They don’t get replies to the sms, as the ‘phone’ sending the messages is actually a computer and doesn’t have a receive function….
I get badgered by calls from a wine company, from a different mobile number each time, which I block. I've asked nicely for them to stop but to no avail. Now I just deny I'm the person they think they've called. Any suggestions?

Sorry to derail.... Yes, I got the same text from CK, just deleted.

Block the number it is being sent from…. Political advertising is exempt from spam laws and the UAP don’t have anyone to answer phone calls and have a good filter on their emails, so IF you complain, they don’t even open the email…. Not complaining and they may respond to emails….

(A wise man suggested that you could waste their time by asking questions and trying to take them down a new rabbit hole….) (Not suggesting that this is very entertaining but it could be)
Blocking is ineffectual. I block the number each time but I keep getting them. I presume it's from a different number each time.
Here's what I do (takes about a minute, maybe two): (1) block the caller, (2) delete the message (3) do my best to forget it ever arrived.

Protection for the ordinary citizen from this sort of thing is piss poor.

I get badgered by calls from a wine company, from a different mobile number each time, which I block. I've asked nicely for them to stop but to no avail. Now I just deny I'm the person they think they've called. Any suggestions?

Sorry to derail.... Yes, I got the same text from CK, just deleted.
I repeatedly get these kind of calls from power suppliers. My favourite tactic is to pretend not to know what electricity is. It’s pretty good fun actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They don’t get replies to the sms, as the ‘phone’ sending the messages is actually a computer and doesn’t have a receive function….
Some communication platforms do have message receipt functionality. Not usually monitored but recorded for posterity.

So the system is working perfectly? Who would have thought.

It's a bit hard to "ram through" a bill when you dont control of both houses of parliament.

To think otherwise exposes a fundamental misunderstanding of how Australia's hybrid version of the Westminster system works.

If one needs an example of a government doing so, then you only need to look how drunk on power the Howard government got when the nation blessed them with the rare privilege of control of both houses.

Spoiler alert! The same nation didn't really care for their behaviour and they were removed from power at the next available opportunity.

Last edited:
Case numbers seem to have settled into around 1000 a day in Victoria, 200 a day in NSW, and 10+ in ACT (even though they’re 100% vaxed…). I wonder if this is the pattern going forward.

How many full on lockdowns will we have in the new year with these shitty leaky vaccines?

Gibraltar is a good guide, with 100% vaccination.

'Most vaccinated' place on earth cancels Christmas

Amid a surge in Covid-19 cases, Gibraltar has canceled official Christmas events and “strongly” discouraged people from hosting private gatherings for four weeks. Gibraltar’s entire eligible population is vaccinated.

The government of Gibraltar recently announced that “official Christmas parties, official receptions and similar gatherings”have been canceled, and advised the public to avoid social events and parties for the next four weeks. Outdoor spaces are recommended over indoor ones, touching and hugging is discouraged, and mask wearing is advised.

How many full on lockdowns will we have in the new year with these shitty leaky vaccines?

Gibraltar is a good guide, with 100% vaccination.

'Most vaccinated' place on earth cancels Christmas

Amid a surge in Covid-19 cases, Gibraltar has canceled official Christmas events and “strongly” discouraged people from hosting private gatherings for four weeks. Gibraltar’s entire eligible population is vaccinated.

The government of Gibraltar recently announced that “official Christmas parties, official receptions and similar gatherings”have been canceled, and advised the public to avoid social events and parties for the next four weeks. Outdoor spaces are recommended over indoor ones, touching and hugging is discouraged, and mask wearing is advised.

Can you please give the % of vaccinated people in these countries?

Meanwhile in another highly vaccinated country Israel, here's many citizens telling you about how the Pfizer shot has ruined their health or killed their relatives.

And this is what has been mandated to be given to our players

The testimonies project the movie

Videos like these are why people don’t take antivaxxers seriously….
Heavily edited interviews, questions not following logical series, interviewees making unsubstantiated claims about themselves…. That is before we even talk about their vaccine claims.Then they interviewer attempts to link medical incidents to the vaccine. It seriously bad comedy level stuff.

I went to the March on Saturday and found it very inspiring. Not even a hint of trouble. My wife and I met up with people we hadn’t seen in years. The conversations were wonderful. Many many oldies, and families. The crowd was very ethnically diverse. With a large emphasis on Eastern European countries Poland, Russia, Croatia etc. And religiously diverse too. Many muslims and Indians and asians. Aboriginal groups. Met nurses who have been stood down. Loved talking to the old timers with their sense of history. Many anti vaxxers, but many like myself who are against the mandate and the proposed new pandemic bill. My wife was apprehensive about the counter protest but no trouble at all which is how it should be. We drove home on a high. We were stunned by the crowd size. I estimated 200,000, way more than I’d ever seen at the footy. We asked the Sargent there, she said police command were saying upwards of 150,000. Then the next day in the press hardly any coverage, some media outlets playing down crowd numbers. No one from Labor(obviously) but no one from Libs(Labor lite) no celebrity contributors. Just salt if the earth people. You could tell that the mainstream media is too invested in their own narrative to report things as they are/were. Herald-Sun had nothing because there was no fighting and Age and ABC talked things down because they are against these ideas. It shouldn’t matter which side they are on, they should report things as they are!

I went to the March on Saturday and found it very inspiring. Not even a hint of trouble. My wife and I met up with people we hadn’t seen in years. The conversations were wonderful. Many many oldies, and families. The crowd was very ethnically diverse. With a large emphasis on Eastern European countries Poland, Russia, Croatia etc. And religiously diverse too. Many muslims and Indians and asians. Aboriginal groups. Met nurses who have been stood down. Loved talking to the old timers with their sense of history. Many anti vaxxers, but many like myself who are against the mandate and the proposed new pandemic bill. My wife was apprehensive about the counter protest but no trouble at all which is how it should be. We drove home on a high. We were stunned by the crowd size. I estimated 200,000, way more than I’d ever seen at the footy. We asked the Sargent there, she said police command were saying upwards of 150,000. Then the next day in the press hardly any coverage, some media outlets playing down crowd numbers. No one from Labor(obviously) but no one from Libs(Labor lite) no celebrity contributors. Just salt if the earth people. You could tell that the mainstream media is too invested in their own narrative to report things as they are/were. Herald-Sun had nothing because there was no fighting and Age and ABC talked things down because they are against these ideas. It shouldn’t matter which side they are on, they should report things as they are!
Media are only interested in scary "nazis" and "proud boys" (?) and "ultra right wingers", I bet they looked everywhere for them.

Just a shame the same kudos isn't given to people who march for other important issues - people are very selfish and will march when they perceive something is a threat to themselves, but when it comes to issues that don't affect them directly (but are often more important) they couldn't GAF....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back