Coronavirus/COVID-19

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

New variant in South Africa.

This is worrying:

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said B.1.1.529 had a spike protein that was dramatically different to the original coronavirus variant the vaccines were based on.

It said it had mutations that were likely to evade the immune response generated both by prior COVID-19 infection and vaccination.

It also had mutations associated with increased infectivity, the UKHSA said.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania

This is worrying:

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said B.1.1.529 had a spike protein that was dramatically different to the original coronavirus variant the vaccines were based on.

It said it had mutations that were likely to evade the immune response generated both by prior COVID-19 infection and vaccination.

Pass the cyanide capsules darling

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania

This is worrying:

I nominate this as the name for the new strain: OH-FFS

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Paul Dimattina is in intensive care after becoming gravely ill from a suspected reaction to a booster shot, then catching Covid.

Wetdog

I really am Aker.
Jun 23, 2008
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I was on the tram yesterday. 19 out of 20 people wearing a mask. Great to see most people doing the right thing.

The 1 maskless person was the same person talking loudly on the phone.

Thought it was interesting (but not surprising) that the maskless person was the same personality type as the loud talker on public transport.

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians
I was on the tram yesterday. 19 out of 20 people wearing a mask. Great to see most people doing the right thing.

The 1 maskless person was the same person talking loudly on the phone.

Thought it was interesting (but not surprising) that the maskless person was the same personality type as the loud talker on public transport.

What’s that Moving Pictures song ?

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Paul Dimattina is in intensive care after becoming gravely ill from a suspected reaction to a booster shot, then catching Covid.

“suspected reaction”, “then catching covid”

Sounds like he’s sick with Covid, but somehow trying to blame the vaccine.

After Paul’s behaviour the last 12mnth, it wouldn’t surprise.

Last edited:
As if the symbolism of the Red Ensign wasn't bad enough. Im not sure that clowns aimlessly trudging through the streets of Melbourne underneath Russian flags as is happening today is quite the movement I can get behind.

Meanwhile, all roads out of the city are packed hither and yon with people who are getting on with their lives.

Tell me which story will attract the eye of the media?

As if the symbolism of the Red Ensign wasn't bad enough. Im not sure that clowns aimlessly trudging through the streets of Melbourne underneath Russian flags as is happening today is quite the movement I can get behind.

Meanwhile, all roads out of the city are packed hither and yon with people who are getting on with their lives.

Russian flags? I thought they were under this one:

1637986987868.png

Just read the article, goddamn media clickbait headline.

FORMER AFL STAR IN INTENSIVE CARE AFTER VACCINE BOOSTER SHOT

*reads article*

oh, we need to mention he’s actually been fighting an abnormal muscle weakness disease.

So it wasn’t purely just the booster jab, but anyway….you’ve clicked on this, so thank$.

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Just read the article, goddamn media clickbait headline.

FORMER AFL STAR IN INTENSIVE CARE AFTER VACCINE BOOSTER SHOT

*reads article*

oh, we need to mention he’s actually been fighting an abnormal muscle weakness disease.

So it wasn’t purely just the booster jab, but anyway….you’ve clicked on this, so thank$.
“suspected reaction”, “then catching covid”

Sounds like he’s sick with Covid, but somehow trying to blame the vaccine.

After Paul’s behaviour the last 12mnth, it would surprise.

Interesting. Not sure whether they are 100 percent aware of the facts here, but it does also give extra context.

Russian flags? I thought they were under this one:

View attachment 1288364

Red Ensigns and Russian flags. Renowned symbols of democracies everywhere. Its funny looking at images like this one where one of the Russian flags is actually upside down. Something that when in the context of The American flag was meant to show distress in the most extreme of circumstances, but like most things has now been co-opted by right wing extremist as an anti-everything they dont like symbol. I have no idea why anybody would fly a Russian flag here, or indeed why you would fly it as a sign of extreme distress when its something that has only ever been historically relevant to the Stars and Bars. Indeed I could say the same about upside down Australian flag that is visible in this image. However, if I have learnt anything about these people. Its that they don't understand the intent of symbols that they rally under and that they are little more than unoriginal, watered down versions of the same in the United States

At least somebody got the symbolism of what the greek flag represents right. However, I think they just happened to be passing by on the way to get a Souvlaki in Londsdale street. Unfortunately the once meaningful Eureka flag has also been co-opted so many times by villainous scum from the fringes of both sides of the political divide that it has diluted its message to the point where it is a tattoo best known as a symbol of bogan pride.

Today.

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 3.36.15 pm.png

Last edited:

Interesting. Not sure whether they are 100 percent aware of the facts here, but it does also give extra context.

Heres some extra, extra context.

Dimma has been a very vocal anti-Dan, anti-lockdown advocate and has had his fair share of coverage across various NewsCorp platforms.

So, of course they are going to take out of context Dimma's unfortunate situation.

Its their bread and butter.

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Heres some extra, extra context.

Dimma has been a very vocal anti-Dan, anti-lockdown advocate and has had his fair share of coverage across various NewsCorp platforms.

So, of course they are going to take out of context Dimma's unfortunate situation.

Its their bread and butter.
Of course I am aware of Dimattina's attitude towards Andrews and the modus operandi of the Herald Sun.

Was just trying to re enforce what others had been saying by posting that screenshot from Sleeping Giants Oz which I just happened to come across.

Red Ensigns and Russian flags. Renowned symbols of democracies everywhere. Its funny looking at images like this one where one of the Russian flags is actually upside down. Something that when in the context of The American flag was meant to show distress in the most extreme of circumstances, but like most things has now been co-opted by right wing extremist as an anti-everything they dont like symbol. I have no idea why anybody would fly a Russian flag here, or indeed why you would fly it as a sign of extreme distress when its something that has only ever been historically relevant to the Stars and Bars. Indeed I could say the same about upside down Australian flag that is visible in this image. However, if I have learnt anything about these people. Its that they don't understand the intent of symbols that they rally under and that they are little more than unoriginal, watered down versions of the same in the United States

At least somebody got the symbolism of what the greek flag represents right. However, I think they just happened to be passing by on the way to get a Souvlaki in Londsdale street. Unfortunately the once meaningful Eureka flag has also been co-opted so many times by villainous scum from the fringes of both sides of the political divide that it has diluted its message to the point where it is a tattoo best known as a symbol of bogan pride.

Today.

View attachment 1288371

Now this one is OK. My ancestors aided & abetted one of 'em. Inappropriate use by nuff nuffs in some situations now.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

The symbolism of the red ensign is it was Australia’s flag until 1954. It was this one and the Union Jack that our forces fought under in the first 2 world wars. We always did have the blue one too and Menzies thought that the red one was too ‘communist’ to remain our national flag in the Cold War 1950’s.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Attachments

• DA9E717B-0416-4C03-A080-C56A0FA6DD60.jpeg
    DA9E717B-0416-4C03-A080-C56A0FA6DD60.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 5553DE33-C536-45B9-87B0-E3BD59731F5A.jpeg
    5553DE33-C536-45B9-87B0-E3BD59731F5A.jpeg
    416.9 KB · Views: 10
  • E4D5EAF3-F867-48D3-AB01-C0368E3B1BE6.jpeg
    E4D5EAF3-F867-48D3-AB01-C0368E3B1BE6.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 11
  • FAEED895-D851-4BFF-8ACB-9FFD06D90808.jpeg
    FAEED895-D851-4BFF-8ACB-9FFD06D90808.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 32E7619F-3D20-4DE3-8129-133C46F96349.jpeg
    32E7619F-3D20-4DE3-8129-133C46F96349.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 10
  • 3E3D654F-24B4-4F28-8989-E9C0D017DCFC.jpeg
    3E3D654F-24B4-4F28-8989-E9C0D017DCFC.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 13
  • C7CAF27E-7D01-4619-9A4C-D7ABC2025216.jpeg
    C7CAF27E-7D01-4619-9A4C-D7ABC2025216.jpeg
    416.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 1F522A05-C00F-45E4-A303-7A1B8460F1C2.webp
    51.4 KB · Views: 18
  • B4D17821-7829-45CD-A86C-B65FEA009B9F.webp
    71 KB · Views: 22
  • 6A630FF3-FDBF-407D-A5FD-DE625EEE845F.webp
    77.7 KB · Views: 6
The symbolism of the red ensign is it was Australia’s flag until 1954. It was this one and the Union Jack that our forces fought under in the first 2 world wars. We always did have the blue one too and Menzies thought that the red one was too ‘communist’ to remain our national flag in the Cold War 1950’s.

Sure, it says that in the first page you google. What it doesn't say is who has co-opted much to the ire of the RSL in recent years.

I'd save you the trouble of another google and tell you that its the far-right and SovCit loons. However, I suspect that you already know this.

Unless of course you think there is a preponderance of merchant seamen waving them about at these rallies?

So many people’s and nations represented. So many different classes and ages too.

So what? I saw many more people out and about enjoying the sunshine as I drove from the west of the state to Melbournes Eastern Suburbs.

Isnt it a criminal offence to fly the Australian flag upside down. There must be something about defacing the flag too.

Its against protocol, but I dont think its an enforceable offence.

It doesn't really matter anyways as the Sovereign citizens that are typically responsible for its use don't recognise the legitimacy of government or any of the laws that it passes. Let alone arcane protocols for a flag that they only use for their warped ideals. Like QAnon conspiracy theories or the bachelor TV franchise, it's yet another in a long line of nonsense imported from the United States.

Last edited:

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sure, it says that in the first page you google. What it doesn't say is who has co-opted much to the ire of the RSL in recent years.

I'd save you the trouble of another google and tell you that its the far-right and SovCit loons. However, I suspect that you already know this.

Unless of course you think there is a preponderance of merchant seamen waving them about at these rallies?

So what? I saw many more people out and about enjoying the sunshine as I drove from the west of the state to Melbournes Eastern Suburbs.
I don’t know about any of what you’re talking. I always had an interest in flags and have never heard that. Anyway it’s the flag that our diggers fought under and when we had democratic ideals.

I don’t know about any of what you’re talking. I always had an interest in flags and have never heard that. Anyway it’s the flag that our diggers fought under and when we had democratic ideals.

I'll give you credit, you are a very slippery debater but I find your lack of awareness in this regard to be very hard to believe. If it is true then you need to look deeper into who it is that you are marching with. As for democratic ideals, despite your hyperbolic posts saying otherwise, you still get to exercise them at the ballot box.

This is what the RSL, the body charged with protecting the legacy and memories of our past diggers has to say about the recent use of the red ensign.

This is exactly why it pisses me off that something that is an important national symbol has be co-opted and misused by groups that have no business using it.

https://www.rslaustralia.org/latest-news/rsl-condemns-misuse-of-national-flag-and-red-ensign

RSL CONDEMNS MISUSE OF NATIONAL FLAG AND RED ENSIGN
23 Sep
MEDIA RELEASE
The Returned & Services League of Australia (RSL) has condemned the misuse of the Australian National Flag and Red Ensign flag by the Melbourne anti-vaccination, anti-lockdown protesters.
RSL Australia President Greg Melick said the protestors’ flying of the National Flag and Red Ensign, as well as their deplorable action yesterday in occupying Melbourne Shrine of Remembrance simply shows a gross level of disrespect that would be denounced by all reasonable Australians.
Greg Melick said the National Flag and the Red Ensign are an official Australian flag, with the Red Ensign flown at sea by Australian registered merchant ships.
“They are not protest flags and flying them during the unruly and lawless protests in Melbourne is unauthorised and yet another deplorable act by an irresponsible and shameful mob.
“The disrespect of these people apparently knows no bounds. They dishonour Australian service men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation, and they dishonour our national flags.
“Their actions to further their own selfish cause and ambitions are reprehensible, particularly at a time when all Australians should be coming together to deal with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Our veterans did fight for the right for Australians to freely express themselves, but they did not fight to enable these people to desecrate our memorials and national flags.”
Greg Melick said any misuse of the flags should result in the prosecution of the offenders.

Last edited:
Back