Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thoroughly depressed.And not just because of the impending shut down of the Footy season.

The outlook for the economy for Australia and indeed the world is bleak to say the least,

Moreover our freedoms and our way of life are in severe jeopardy.

It makes me sad :(
Likewise.

It is what it is.

We just have to adjust to the new normal

I am assuming that with the cancellation of gatherings of 500 or more people will mean that all schools will be cancelled?
No the PM said schools, uni, trains possibly something else will be okay.
So why bother.
Also once decision is made it should be immediate not delayed till Monday.

Of course i have previously stated my opinion that the panic will do more harm to the world in the long run than letting the virus run it's course

No the PM said schools, uni, trains possibly something else will be okay.
So why bother.
Also once decision is made it should be immediate not delayed till Monday.

Of course i have previously stated my opinion that the panic will do more harm to the world in the long run than letting the virus run it's course
I agree, otherwise it is just delaying the inevitable and extending any economic downturn.

I agree, otherwise it is just delaying the inevitable and extending any economic downturn.
They're trying to buy time to get the medical facilities in order when the real problems start into the Melbourne winter.

The longer you can delay it the less people will be disadvantaged at the peak. Plus you reduce the extent of it in the longer run.

I'm thoroughly depressed.And not just because of the impending shut down of the Footy season.

The outlook for the economy for Australia and indeed the world is bleak to say the least,

Moreover our freedoms and our way of life are in severe jeopardy.

It makes me sad :(

Personally I welcome the coming apocalypse, though I do hope it's of the mad Max variety. It looks like great fun

Seriously though, I'm feeling so flat about the impending cancellation of the season. I'd been looking forward to it for so long, as we all had, and it feels a bit like Christmas being cancelled on Christmas eve. Life sucks sometimes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL waiting until Monday to decide whether to play Round 1 at all or without fans - apparently going ahead without a crowd is their preference. Some suggestions of an altered 17 week season, struggle to see how that would work, also some suggestion the AFL is looking at extending the season into mid-October somehow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back