Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

World Health Organisation director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus outlined the numbers:

• It took 67 days to go from one reported case to 100,000 cases
  • Then it took only 11 days to reach 200,000 cases
  • Then it took just four days to reach 300,000 cases

Now it's over 400K.

Italy and Spain are a train wreck and France is not far behind

UK and US not as bad( yet)

There are some rays of hope though

Germany and the Scandinavian countries are doing better . South Korea seems to have gone over the top of the bell curve and on the other side going down.

In Oz, we still have a remarkably low fatality rate. 8 deaths in 2300+ cases.

Heard a medical person (it may have been the CMO) on the radio this morning point out that even though the infection rate is accelerating, the vast majority are mild cases. Went on to say that of the 2300 cases so far, the hospitalisation rate is less than 15%.

Fingers crossed serious cases and the death rates stay low.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Those landlords are not going to be feeling quite so clever when they discover that the number of people looking for new rentals in the middle of a pandemic = zero.
I’m expecting there might be quite a few families down sizing from where they’re renting.

There’s quite a few rentals in my area in the $700 to $900 range. Going to be hard to afford that if you’re relaying on Centrelink + rent assistance as your family income.

Or you hope there are some compassionate landlords out there.

Went for a walk this afternoon along the local walking paths, and never seen so many people out as there was today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn’t sure where to post this but 90% of our staff have been stood down and players are taking a months leave. A skeleton crew will keep things operational for the time being.
This is going to hurt us for a while I believe. Hopefully we are able to get these people back once things return to normal. We have developed a great club over the last few years with one of the best high performance teams in the business! I hope we can get these guys back together!

I wasn’t sure where to post this but 90% of our staff have been stood down and players are taking a months leave. A skeleton crew will keep things operational for the time being.
This is going to hurt us for a while I believe. Hopefully we are able to get these people back once things return to normal. We have developed a great club over the last few years with one of the best high performance teams in the business! I hope we can get these guys back together!
Hopefully people will also not criticise the club for the lack of social media, articles, video content throughout this period too.

Now it's over 400K.

Italy and Spain are a train wreck and France is not far behind

UK and US not as bad( yet)

There are some rays of hope though

Germany and the Scandinavian countries are doing better . South Korea seems to have gone over the top of the bell curve and on the other side going down.

In Oz, we still have a remarkably low fatality rate. 8 deaths in 2300+ cases.

Heard a medical person (it may have been the CMO) on the radio this morning point out that even though the infection rate is accelerating, the vast majority are mild cases. Went on to say that of the 2300 cases so far, the hospitalisation rate is less than 15%.

Fingers crossed serious cases and the death rates stay low.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

But sadly flu season just around the corner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back