Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Did those 3 men go on to get the virus and cause it to spread?

The girls were reported to be linked to a crime/s of some sort down this way as well I believe. Also I think they were a lot more devious in the way they went about it ..

Racism doesn't stand out to me at this stage.....just bad behaviour that caused a lot of trouble for people trying to do the right thing...

Last edited:
If the names and photographs of the three men who lied while crossing the border are printed, then naming the three women had no racist motives.

If the men's identities are not published, then naming the women did have racist motives.
No it doesn't. Why is the race card such a default position for so many? :rolleyes:

This guy was named, shamed and everything else in WA and who was coming out in this guy's defence? As a white middle aged male, I'm outraged:

Just trying to look at it logically . The girls posted all the details on SM . I wonder if the press even have these men's names.

In any case how do we know the men aren't coloured ?

Overall how does anyone know anything.

I think there was a caucasian woman who dodged the police at one of the borders. She likewise put it up on facebook and we've never heard the end of it with all sorts of press intrusions into her private life.

A minor issue against the enormity of disruption to people's lives ,particularly here in Victoria.

Isn’t that like saying lynchings of black men weren’t racially motivated because white men have also been hanged before?
No.

I don't think that's remotely anything like saying that at all.

Moreover I don't anyone who would think lynchings of black men weren't racially motivated.

Unless you're a member of the Klu Klux Klan

I don't think that's remotely anything like saying that at all.

Moreover I don't anyone who would think lynchings of black men weren't racially motivated.

Analogies are often used to compare the application of logic. It doesn’t imply a moral equivalence.

Unless you're a member of the Klu Klux Klan

Well, are you?

Last edited:
Why don't you stop sniping and just put on a happy emoji.

Unless you've got something intelligent to say.

I think you’ve taken this in a very different light to how it was intended.

Baggage from another thread.

If the names and photographs of the three men who lied while crossing the border are printed, then naming the three women had no racist motives.

If the men's identities are not published, then naming the women did have racist motives.
I guarantee the grubby parts of the media would absolutely love to splash pictures of the three men all over the paper. If they knew who they were. The police do not give the names of people who have been charged to the media.

None of that takes anything away from the sickening racist s**t that has been thrown at the girls since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without sounding dramatic, Melbourne really does have an eeriness about it unlike anything any of us would ever have experienced, particularly after 8pm when the curfew starts.
It's not good at the moment and unfortunately they can't trace where many of the new cases are coming from. Likewise the chart is looking disturbing.

The other states hopefully learn the lesson. Go hard ,go early and keep your foot on it.

Starting to have some left field thoughts about this whole thing....nothing seems to have changed since the lockdown. In my local area of Rowville, the roads don't seem to have lessened off much with traffic, the shops are just as busy as usual (although that might change once most shut tonight) People are still out and about. They are wearing masks and observing distancing though which is good, so....

Thinking about the Essendon player who tested positive for virus, then some negatives etc, but wasn't sick at all. I'm sure I heard at the time that he had a false positive..

...if that is true, why can't a lot of these tests be showing a false positive?

Seems to me, that the majority of people don't need to be in hospital because they are basically healthy and can cope. The death rate is "high" low, if that makes sense. The people dying here in Australia seem to be the frail elderly in aged care(that's another story though)or younger people who may have had other issues.

Is it possible that this herd immunity thing just might work if precautions are put in place to protect the aged care facilities and people with existing health issues. Perhaps still wear masks, social distancing etc but everyone gets about their business, places stay open? I just don't know. All I do know is I don't have a lot of faith this latest lockdown is going to work, no matter how hard we try. Too many people seem to be still ignoring the laws.

Long winded, sorry. Just sharing my thoughts and interested in yours.

Starting to have some left field thoughts about this whole thing....nothing seems to have changed since the lockdown. In my local area of Rowville, the roads don't seem to have lessened off much with traffic, the shops are just as busy as usual (although that might change once most shut tonight) People are still out and about. They are wearing masks and observing distancing though which is good, so....

Thinking about the Essendon player who tested positive for virus, then some negatives etc, but wasn't sick at all. I'm sure I heard at the time that he had a false positive..

...if that is true, why can't a lot of these tests be showing a false positive?

Seems to me, that the majority of people don't need to be in hospital because they are basically healthy and can cope. The death rate is "high" low, if that makes sense. The people dying here in Australia seem to be the frail elderly in aged care(that's another story though)or younger people who may have had other issues.

Is it possible that this herd immunity thing just might work if precautions are put in place to protect the aged care facilities and people with existing health issues. Perhaps still wear masks, social distancing etc but everyone gets about their business, places stay open? I just don't know. All I do know is I don't have a lot of faith this latest lockdown is going to work, no matter how hard we try. Too many people seem to be still ignoring the laws.

Long winded, sorry. Just sharing my thoughts and interested in yours.
I have been saying since it was first known that the elderly and those with morbidity issues are the ones at risk that we should have done targeted lockdowns of the vulnerable. Throw heaps of logistical and financial support at them and let the rest of society get on with their lives. The government could even make a proviso that if you're worried about your health but have no risk factors you could volunteer to go into lockdown.

If you are a child the risk of a serious affect from Covid is minuscule, if you're an adult under around 60 years of age and in reasonable health you haven't got much to be worried about.

If lockdown is the new normal are we prepared for societal lockdowns to be the case every flu/Covid season?

Last edited:
At some point we have to open everything back up for the economy at least...it just can't be shut down for ever.

I have no problem with being locked up for a while but only if it looks like working and people, ALL people, do the right thing. As I said though, I just have this feeling it's not going to make much difference...

...hence starting to wonder if the tests themselves could also be at fault and where we are going to end up out of it all.

Perhaps the tv crews/Police need to check the suburban main streets to see how the curfew is going. They seem to show only the deserted CBD streets, Freeways and major rds like Nepean H/way etc. No-one breaking the curfew would go on them because that's where the Police are likely to be checking.

I live in the Stud Rd/ Ferntree Gully Rd area and I can hear the traffic from our place as normal, doesn't seem any quieter at all. Have just come in from outside and its an hour since curfew started.

... another reason to think this lockdown won't change things. People are just not listening and are going about their lives as they please and stuff everyone doing the right thing

My dog is having great difficulty processing an 8.00pm curfew. I usually walk her at night after work and with me working from home and her not getting a nightly walk, she is perplexed. That and seeing us in masks!

There was a lot more traffic on the roads today and I wonder if thats people trying to do things before lockdown of shops etc tonight But quieter after 8pm tonight. Full moon and strange.

Since masks were made compulsory virtually everyone wears one - except for the odd idiot who has one around their neck while walking along and drinking their take away coffee. Hopefully with the new lockdown rules and huge fines for not having a valid reason for being out and about etc - people will knuckle down and abide by the rules. Will now add to remembering my masks when out of the house -to having my permit for being an permitted worker and ID - let’s hope we can knock the virus on the head over the next 6 weeks and stay safe and well.

Have to say - watching the footy on the tv and seeing people sitting closely together, eating/drinking, seems like a totally different world.

Last edited:
My husband commented tonight when watching the news that he never ever thought he would see curfews, deserted CBD areas, border closures with army/police everywhere here in Australia or here in Melbourne.... just shook his head in disbelief.

Its a terrible way we are living right now, unbelievable.:mask::australia::noentrysign:

Perhaps the tv crews/Police need to check the suburban main streets to see how the curfew is going. They seem to show only the deserted CBD streets, Freeways and major rds like Nepean H/way etc. No-one breaking the curfew would go on them because that's where the Police are likely to be checking.

I live in the Stud Rd/ Ferntree Gully Rd area and I can hear the traffic from our place as normal, doesn't seem any quieter at all. Have just come in from outside and its an hour since curfew started.

... another reason to think this lockdown won't change things. People are just not listening and are going about their lives as they please and stuff everyone doing the right thing
We are just off the main street in Diamond Creek and we can severely tell the difference with the traffic flow here after 8.00. As people have said very weird eiry feeling. Some nights we work till 10.00pm so today was issued with 3 different documents to carry in the car with proof where , what and why. Keep strong Melbourne and parts on Victoria.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back