Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s funny though because a couple of weeks ago every second person was in the Medical field.
It's almost like different groups of people chime in on different topics when they or someone close to them has relevant knowledge.

Years ago a friends brother became a teacher as it gave him more time to go surfing. I often wonder how it turned out..
Not well I suggest.

Almost like?
I don't exclude the possibility that either at least one person has exposure to both groups, or at least one person is claiming unwarranted experience.

I don't exclude the possibility that either at least one person has exposure to both groups, or at least one person is claiming unwarranted experience.
My Sister is a Nurse, well, was a Nurse (retired last year) I should ring her to get all the goss and knowledge from all of her friends still in the job and pass that on. And we have many friends, that are teachers too. 🤔

Trump is still selling false hope and harming those in genuine need of this treatment. He is the most dangerous moron on the planet. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...rump-anti-malaria-drug?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

The guy is a narcissistic boofhead

Here's some more stuff on his total abrogation of his duty as a leader.

If he reckons he's a "wartime" President, he should be up for war crimes when this absolute disaster for the US finally abates.

On the subject of Trump, is there anyone here who can interpret what Trumps' hand gestures mean?

1) the expansive widening of his hands and arms that he almost continually uses

2) the "2 pm" gesture he frequently makes with his thumb and forefinger

3) the "circle" he makes with thumb and forefinger with the other three digits held vertical.

On the subject of Trump, is there anyone here who can interpret what Trumps' hand gestures mean?

1) the expansive widening of his hands and arms that he almost continually uses

2) the "2 pm" gesture he frequently makes with his thumb and forefinger

3) the "circle" he makes with thumb and forefinger with the other three digits held vertical.
Maybe he has had a small stroke?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People have been getting that drug prescribed here in Melbourne with no intention of taking it unless they get the virus.

Unfortunately the side effects can be horrendous if taken incorrectly and there is still no complete evidence that it's effective in coronavirus cases. Certainly not if taken on its own.

I think it's time the CMO directed med. practitioners to not prescribe this drug unless it's for those who need it for its proven purpose.

I was told you now have to get your first prescription from an rheumatologist, not a GP, so hopefully it’s slowed the idiots down.

People have been getting that drug prescribed here in Melbourne with no intention of taking it unless they get the virus.

Unfortunately the side effects can be horrendous if taken incorrectly and there is still no complete evidence that it's effective in coronavirus cases. Certainly not if taken on its own.

I think it's time the CMO directed med. practitioners to not prescribe this drug unless it's for those who need it for its proven purpose.

Donald Trump dislikes this post

Last edited:
No idea, but in Victoria they have dramatically widened testing criteria, which indicates they are casting the net wider.

Yeah, I just do not get this continuous notion of the current numbers not being reflective of the real number of cases due to testing.

Yes, some would be missed. However, (I've said it before in here, but ill say it again) if there are thousands of undiagnosed cases - where are the deaths and ICU patients pouring through hospital doors everyday?

I think the reality is, community transmission and overall numbers are incredibly low at this stage, due to a range of factors - and... Australia is sucsessfully bucking the trend and could be on track to avoid the horrors we are seeing elsewhere.

No idea, but in Victoria they have dramatically widened testing criteria, which indicates they are casting the net wider.

You do see the problem though with trying to identify asymptomatic cases, right?

"if you think your asymptomatic...then come on down"

Right now, there are potentially 25 million Australians with no Coranavirus symptoms.

How do we decide which ones we're going to test?

You do see the problem though with trying to identify asymptomatic cases, right?

"if you think your asymptomatic...then come on down"

Right now, there are potentially 25 million Australians with no Coranavirus symptoms.

I agree. I’m not suggesting there’s a ‘cover up’ or specific failing. What I am saying and what the epidemiologist I was watching on TV was saying is that numbers of confirmed cases will drop off as we are only testing specific target groups, focussing on returned overseas travellers and health care workers.
The next step is to widen the net, which is what is happening in Victoria. This should yield an increase in cases, but it will only be small, because at this stage community transmissions have been limited. That is where our social distancing measures are so important. Fingers crossed everyone.

PS - we look at professions / areas of the workforce where it would be reasonable to assume higher possible rates of infection based on possible community exposure.
This is what is happening in Victoria and possibly other places.

I posted the link to the Victorian DHHS Update (above) and that is comprehensive and answers some of your questions and the points you make.

Genuine question...... Aren't all cases really a result of community infection? Isn't the only way to get the virus by close contact with an infected person?

Or does the term only relate to someone who cannot identify an infected person whom they may have caught it from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back