Coronavirus: International Facts and Figures

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
The fact a trial was run and successful 400 treated none got sick compared to 258 in the placebo group is already ahead of a vax with 90% efficacy and kills people. Interesting it hasn't been explored more.

I'm sure you know all about it though.

I just provided a fact check on your mate's study. Keep avoiding the substance, as people like you like to roll.

Chubberson

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 12, 2011
radelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I just provided a fact check on your mate's study. Keep avoiding the substance, as people like you like to roll.
" it has shown action to reduce viral RNA replication 5000 fold within the first 48 hours..."

Here's a fact.
The fact you have no idea what the above means without googling it right this minute shows you shouldn't even be in this conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:

" it has shown action to reduce viral RNA replication 5000 fold within the first 48 hours..."

Here's a fact.
The fact you have no idea what the above means without googling it right this minute shows you shouldn't even be in this conversation. Crawl back in your cave primate.
Christ mate, chill out.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
The irony. In here you have a group of closed minded people, doing the name calling thing, whacky right and conspirators as an example and on the other hand you have a person who has done nothing but present facts, as in chubberson, and he patronisingly gets told to chill out.

FYI A combination of ivermectin and remdesivir have a synergistic effect in fighting the viral load of both Sars and Covid. The thing about them is they are FDA approved, meaning they have been trialled over time, years, which is normal for something that's to be injected into the human body. For some, this is the sticking point. Basically the new vaccines are still in the experimental stage. It is fact people have died from taking it or are suffering side effects. And so you can't blame a person for taking an intellectual leap and proposing they idea that the cure had to be in the hands of corporations/ drug companies as a money making venture.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It is fact people have died from taking it or are suffering side effects.

Who has died? I'm by no means a pro- vaxxer, but what are these deaths?

And so you can't blame a person for taking an intellectual leap and proposing they idea that the cure had to be in the hands of corporations/ drug companies as a money making venture.

Taking an 'intellectual leap' and 'proposing the idea' is very different from screaming at people that they're fools and declaring that the government are killing people for not giving them a drug that hasn't yet been confirmed to be safe or even actually work.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Apparently, nobody dies of old age anymore? Nobody got the flu in 2020 which is a real bastard if you get it and the common cold has been reduced down from one week to just seven days;). The world has gone stark raving bonkers and for what?

Chubberson

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 12, 2011
radelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Who has died? I'm by no means a pro- vaxxer, but what are these deaths?

Taking an 'intellectual leap' and 'proposing the idea' is very different from screaming at people that they're fools and declaring that the government are killing people for not giving them a drug that hasn't yet been confirmed to be safe or even actually work.
Pro vaxxer or anti vaxxer is completely irrelevant to the crux of the conversation.

Some 'News' has reported deaths, some has denied it.

Screaming, who raised deadshits?

Ivermectin not safe? It's won a nobel prize mate. It's perfectly safe and works very effectively.

Your lack of knowledge is really showing considering you just ignored some massively important information about remdesivir and ivermectins ability to obliterate infections. Way out of your depth. Hospitals and Doctors in South America are using it as a 'Treatment Method' right now and have been for quite some time.

Not safe says you, your a bloody laugh. But sure, keep arguing pointless semantics Einstein 🤣

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pro vaxxer or anti vaxxer is completely irrelevant to the crux of the conversation.

Some 'News' has reported deaths, some has denied it.

WTF?

So these are 'facts'? "Some news reported deaths, some deny it" is how you conclude as fact that people have died from it?

Christ.

Screaming, who raised deadshits?

I don't care that you scream at people. I care about screaming nonsense at people. Unsubstantiated guff being yelled at people does not help the discussion one bit.

It's hysterical commentary that is not based on fact.

It's also very ironic.

Ivermectin not safe? It's won a nobel prize mate. It's perfectly safe and works very effectively.

Have you actually read any of the papers that you've indirectly referenced? You know it has side effects also right?

It's not proven that it works effectively. No one is actually claiming it does.

The claim is that the small studies suggest it was effective, and that it should be studied further to see if would be effective as a broader treatment for COVID on a large population.

You have stated that governments should be using it now, or they're killing people.

A long bow, is understating it. It's hysterical commentary that is not based on fact.
Your lack of knowledge is really showing considering you just ignored some massively important information about remdesivir and ivermectins ability to obliterate infections. Way out of your depth. Hospitals and Doctors in South America are using it as a 'Treatment Method' right now and have been for quite some time.

Not safe says you, your a bloody laugh. But sure, keep arguing pointless semantics Einstein 🤣

You're all over the place. And you're not referencing facts.

I'm no expert. I've said that. I don't pretend to be.

I don't trust the government. and I don't trust them to have people's best interests at heart when fast tracking a global immunisation program.

But I'm no different to any other conspiracy theorist deadshit if I don't seek out some type of facts to support and refute my concerns.

You are adding absolutely zero in that regard.

Zero.

Zero facts, just hysterical claims that are not supported by facts.

Scientists stating that research (from very small studies, using doses higher than what is recommended as safe for humans) have shown promising signs and should be studied further - is very, very different from demanding that governments start using it right now.

That's just nonsense and hysteria. Barely even close to fact.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Four more hours of hopium. I've been watching Mustang Medic on Youtube. He was live streaming across the road from the fence now erected around the Capitol building. It was around 5 in the morning he was filming. What he's filming is people moving in and buses. Bus after bus. Are they rent a crowd? He's called the buses as empty, different from when they bused people in for the storming. You have to wonder why empty buses are rocking up. This is a fact because you can see it for yourself. If you watch the video, I recommend you mute it because you won't like his angle. You'd have to come up with your own interpretation for why such a thing is going on. He reckons it's because indictments are to laid and the treasonous to be rounded up. That's what the buses are for, to take away away. It is a military coup and will remain so until the trials are over and punishments laid. Then American will have another election. Around March maybe. Hopium. A few more sweet hours.

LifeSpan-Void

So, you’re leaving.
Jun 7, 2005
The belly of a snake
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm sure the 150$US a pop the pfizer vax sells for has nothing to do with the changes in reporting on SOME news outlets on the reported deaths.

Ivermectin really has the potential to be the wonder drug since there is another study where it has shown action to reduce viral RNA replication 5000 fold within the first 48 hours...what it needs is the approval of concerned medical groups like the NIH/FDA for it to pass and undergo immediate phase 3 clinical trials with an acceptable number of participants in a study. It didnt win a Nobel prize for nothing. The vaccines haven't even passed phase 3 clinical trials yet but dunces everywhere are hailing them the greatest thing ever.

The mind boggling amount of dollars involved is probably why it hasn't been done. Congress are more invested in vax than Ivermectin. If you still deny it's effectiveness then maybe it's time to don you bitterly disappointed cap and conclude our little interaction?
in vitro results are often misleading and cannot be assumed to be transferable to in vivo potential for a number of reasons. this research published in The Lancet summarises some of that point:
In spite of its partial antiviral properties, ivermectin received limited early attention in Europe or the US as a potential drug to be repurposed against COVID-19. This was largely based on one pharmacokinetic model stressing the inability of currently approved oral doses to reach lung tissue levels at the antiviral concentrations described by Caly et al., [21] even if other, peer-reviewed models predict up to 10-fold accumulation of ivermectin in target tissue [22]. There are additional reasons to avoid direct inferences from the results of in vitro experiments or pharmacokinetic models, these include the potential role of ivermectin metabolites, the potential immunomodulatory role of the drug, and questions about the virus/cell ratios and appropriateness of the Vero cellular lines used in the cultures [23].

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Another International Facts and Figures milestone reached...

In World War 2, the US suffered 416,800 military deaths and 418,500 military and civilian deaths over the nearly 4 years they were involved in the war. (Source - The National WW2 Museum, New Orleans or if you prefer Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties it's 419,000 total deaths)

So far, in less than a year, the US has suffered 420,300 Coronavirus deaths, surpassing the WWII totals. (source - CDC and UN figures collated by Worldometers)

TWLS

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2015
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS Giants
This Anti Viral Drug is showing promising results in the labs at Nottingham University in England. Apparently Covid, Influenza and the Common cold are all in the same family and this drug is maybe effective in treating that family.
Lets hope it does

"The antiviral properties of the drug, called thapsigargin, or TG, have proved highly effective in battling coronavirus in clinical trials on animals and in human cells.'

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Four more hours of hopium. I've been watching Mustang Medic on Youtube. He was live streaming across the road from the fence now erected around the Capitol building. It was around 5 in the morning he was filming. What he's filming is people moving in and buses. Bus after bus. Are they rent a crowd? He's called the buses as empty, different from when they bused people in for the storming. You have to wonder why empty buses are rocking up. This is a fact because you can see it for yourself. If you watch the video, I recommend you mute it because you won't like his angle. You'd have to come up with your own interpretation for why such a thing is going on. He reckons it's because indictments are to laid and the treasonous to be rounded up. That's what the buses are for, to take away away. It is a military coup and will remain so until the trials are over and punishments laid. Then American will have another election. Around March maybe. Hopium. A few more sweet hours.
How did this play out?

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm sure the 150$US a pop the pfizer vax sells for has nothing to do with the changes in reporting on SOME news outlets on the reported deaths.

Ivermectin really has the potential to be the wonder drug since there is another study where it has shown action to reduce viral RNA replication 5000 fold within the first 48 hours...what it needs is the approval of concerned medical groups like the NIH/FDA for it to pass and undergo immediate phase 3 clinical trials with an acceptable number of participants in a study. It didnt win a Nobel prize for nothing. The vaccines haven't even passed phase 3 clinical trials yet but dunces everywhere are hailing them the greatest thing ever.

The mind boggling amount of dollars involved is probably why it hasn't been done. Congress are more invested in vax than Ivermectin. If you still deny it's effectiveness then maybe it's time to don you bitterly disappointed cap and conclude our little interaction?
I read an article the other day that said that vaccines are the least most profitable thing a pharmaceutical company produces. Apparently only around 2-3% profit - compared to the massive profits they get from the treatment drugs they produce for diseases.

Don't know if it's true or not, but it made me wonder if those that think this whole thing is just a profit exercise, have researched the facts around that.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
I see the panic has well and truly set in. Pollies like this. The human brain is an odd, glitchy machine that is influenced in all sorts of weird ways you never thought of. This is why politicians and salespeople can trick you into going along with them, just by toying with the words they use. Science is just now catching up to them, and has found that repeating there opinion makes people believe it unconditionally, no matter how stupid it is. If a message is repeated enough times, others will begin to accept it as a commonly held belief in the group. Doubly so if you are a Victorian!

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I see the panic has well and truly set in. Pollies like this. The human brain is an odd, glitchy machine that is influenced in all sorts of weird ways you never thought of. This is why politicians and salespeople can trick you into going along with them, just by toying with the words they use. Science is just now catching up to them, and has found that repeating there opinion makes people believe it unconditionally, no matter how stupid it is. If a message is repeated enough times, others will begin to accept it as a commonly held belief in the group. Doubly so if you are a Victorian!
What frog s**t.

Science is science. It's fact. It's the presentation of results from testing. Anyone can read scientific and research papers and form their own conclusion from them.

That's science.

Science is NOT what a professor says in the paper. Science is NOT what a scientist says on Facebook.

They are opinions. Granted they are often informed opinions - but they're equally vulnerable to bias.

Science doesn't con people. It's fact. Those facts can be interpreted different ways if course - which is why if people want to be truly informed then they just need to read the research themselves.

This conspiracy nonsense that science is a con is just so ill informed about what science actually is that it's not even funny.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Science is just now catching up to the impact of rhetoric on people. Bwahahahaha. This stuff was well known long before there even was a scientific method, by oh at least 2000 years. Probably a lot longer but we have very limited written records from before then.

Jul 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Science is just now catching up to the impact of rhetoric on people. Bwahahahaha. This stuff was well known long before there even was a scientific method, by oh at least 2000 years. Probably a lot longer but we have very limited written records from before then.
Science is also well aware of the "sheeple"...

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I suppose one positive in all this, is that people are more aware that governments, media, religious leaders etc. can be, and often are - full of s**t.

However the big negative is that although people are less trusting - for some reason they completely trust social media and anonymous whacky conspiracy websites! it's bizarre.

I guess it just comes back to people choosing to believe whatever makes them feel validated.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Science is also well aware of the "sheeple"...
Everyone is, it's not a new phenomenon.

Ever told your kids that if they're not good Santa won't come? Or told your staff that they're making a difference to the world by doing an underpaid and menial task? Or been to a church??

Science is one thing that is literally just facts.

People will have their motivations for interpreting those facts different ways - but listening to other people's interpretations of facts is not 'science'.

Deadshits on Facebook claiming that they've done their research when in fact all they have done is Google other people's opinions on research, or other people's opinions of other people's interpretations of research - is not science. It not even research FFS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back