Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emotional diatribe.

It's nonsense to blame a nation for the mutation of a virus.

If the spread of this virus was so easily contained, why haven't nations armed with mountains of data, a full genome sequence and months of warning been able to prevent it's spread in their own borders? Yours is an unrealistic expectation.
The facts are undeniable. The CCP lied about the spread of the disease. The CCP arrested people.who tried to warn of the impending crisis. The CCP cried racism and bullied countries to keep their borders open to China which enabled the spread. The CCP banned countries like Taiwan who.were being impacted from attending key meetings. The CCP ordered supposedly independent companies overseas to hoard and ship PPE back to China whilst saying it wasn't a problem and preventing border closures. The CCP has shipped junk PPE and test equipment to countries in need. The CCP has held back key information.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Despite the overall total cases rising in Australia, which was always expected and inevitable, the number of active cases has remained pretty stagnant for a while now. This is very promising, and good news - as is the total number of cases that have recovered since.

A full short-term lockdown may have drawn these same results quicker, with a quicker end - but, alas, it seems that people may be able to follow the simple guidelines of distancing and washing their hands/not touching their face - so we may spare the economy somewhat despite the longer tenure of our measures (which are opposite to a complete lockdown).

I hope these results push us to continue on with our patience and due diligence.

Despite the overall total cases rising in Australia, which was always expected and inevitable, the number of active cases has remained pretty stagnant for a while now. This is very promising, and good news - as is the total number of cases that have recovered since.

A full short-term lockdown may have drawn these same results quicker, with a quicker end - but, alas, it seems that people may be able to follow the simple guidelines of distancing and washing their hands/not touching their face - so we may spare the economy somewhat despite the longer tenure of our measures (which are opposite to a complete lockdown).

I hope these results push us to continue on with our patience and due diligence.
It is promising. I wonder how lone we can maintaining near empty hospitals and under or unemployed surgeons/doctors and nurses while routine care is on hold in preparation for the major surge of virus patients.

It is promising. I wonder how lone we can maintaining near empty hospitals and under or unemployed surgeons/doctors and nurses while routine care is on hold in preparation for the major surge of virus patients.

A friend posted a picture of himself in a near empty ED, stated that it's evidence that Australia is managing it well so far, but he knows the surge is coming. It's inevitable that the ICU and ED will fill up, and it's better to be overprepared than underprepared.

1. "Make no mistake- the Chinese are manipulating the coronavirus outbreak as a perfect opportunity to make themselves look like the good guys (by sending vast supplies of medical equipment , & doctors, to countries overwhelmed by covid-19- my words), undermine the role of the US as the global first responder, & emerge as a world superpower in a way nobody would have for seen".

China's general manufacturing sector, after production crashed for 2 months, is now showing strong growth. China is probably the world's leading manufacturer of protective medical equipment, & produces many ventilators etc -but I'm not sure of the % that is faulty.

2. China is banning US reporters from US newspapers eg Washington Post, New York Times, Wall St Journal- & is greatly increasing its own reporters to other countries as part of an increase in the propaganda war.

This propaganda war which will erupt greatly in the next decade, as widespread legal/economic/political-diplomatic/trade sanctions' etc. actions are very likely to be taken against the CCP over its full culpability in unleashing the covid-19 pandemic to the rest of the world.
The CCP will probably greatly increase grants/loans etc. to poor countries, to obtain their support in international tribunals/the UN etc.

Last edited:
"Make no mistake- the Chinese are manipulating the coronavirus outbreak as a perfect opportunity to make themselves look like the good guys (by sending vast supplies of medical equipment , & doctors, to countries overwhelmed by covid-19- my words), undermine the role of the US as the global first responder, & emerge as a world superpower in a way nobody would have for seen".

China's general manufacturing sector, after production crashed for 2 months, is now showing strong growth. China is probably the world's leading manufacturer of protective medical equipment, & produces many ventilators etc -but I'm not sure of the % that is faulty.
Do people believe the US and China are any different from each other?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

1. "Make no mistake- the Chinese are manipulating the coronavirus outbreak as a perfect opportunity to make themselves look like the good guys (by sending vast supplies of medical equipment , & doctors, to countries overwhelmed by covid-19- my words), undermine the role of the US as the global first responder, & emerge as a world superpower in a way nobody would have for seen".

2. China is banning US reporters from US newspapers eg Washington Post, New York Times, Wall St Journal- & is greatly increasing its own reporters to other countries as part of an increase in the propaganda war.
This propaganda war which will erupt greatly in the next decade, as widespread legal/economic/diplomatic/trade sanctions' etc. actions are very likely to be taken against the CCP over its full culpability in unleashing the covid-19 pandemic to the rest of the world.

I'm no expert on international politics but if this thread is any indicator, their attempt at looking like the good guys has failed spectacularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WHO did not make the statement you claim. What they said was there was no clear evidence of human to human transmission. At that point, it was likely a correct statement from their perspective. Where they erred was in the failure to add that they'd received anecdotal evidence of such by way of reports that doctors in China were falling ill, and in not vigorously investigating that lead and demanding it be addressed by Chinese authorities.

Your timelines aren't correct. The WHO was alerted on Dec 31. That's a bit over 2 months. For some context, H1N1 was declared a pandemic just under two months after the first case was reported. And that's probably the mark they overshot by, around 2 weeks. However, in understanding their reluctance to declare a pandemic, it's prudent to remember (which I'm sure most don't) the widespread criticism they received for having declared H1N1 a pandemic and accusations of causing unnecessary global panic.

I said:

This includes publishing that COVID does not transfer between human to human [and] based on no contemporaneous evidence whatsoever.

You said:

The WHO did not make the statement you claim.

The actual tweet published by the WHO:

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China
🇨🇳

So just to be clear - the WHO did indeed publish that there was no evidence that COVID transfers between human to human. Additionally, they did so by not independently verifying that allegation.

All of which is precisely what I said.

Subtext: -

Your posts have not aged well over the course of a few weeks. I can only imagine in the coming months and years that your defence of the Chinese Communist Party and the WHO will make you look even more ordinary than you do now.

The WHO did not make the statement you claim. What they said was there was no clear evidence of human to human transmission. At that point, it was likely a correct statement from their perspective. Where they erred was in the failure to add that they'd received anecdotal evidence of such by way of reports that doctors in China were falling ill, and in not vigorously investigating that lead and demanding it be addressed by Chinese authorities.

Your timelines aren't correct. The WHO was alerted on Dec 31. That's a bit over 2 months. For some context, H1N1 was declared a pandemic just under two months after the first case was reported. And that's probably the mark they overshot by, around 2 weeks. However, in understanding their reluctance to declare a pandemic, it's prudent to remember (which I'm sure most don't) the widespread criticism they received for having declared H1N1 a pandemic and accusations of causing unnecessary global panic.
And local Wuhan authorities suppressed reporting the disease to WHO for 4 weeks

It's so funny watching trump's press conference every day and him having to put up with those reporters. What's more funny is that CNN never show his daily press conference anymore because they thought he was turning it into a political forum yet they have a panel of 5 and talk about all the ways he stuffed up during the briefing every day

Do people believe the US and China are any different from each other?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

I highly doubt the US govt would have tried to cover up an outbreak of a deadly virus and silenced whistle blowers the way the CCP have done and they don't allow disease ridden wet markets to operate in their country.

I'm no expert on international politics but if this thread is any indicator, their attempt at looking like the good guys has failed spectacularly.

It might be working in China and at the WHO but it's certainly not working anywhere else.

This includes publishing that COVID does not transfer between human to human [and] based on no contemporaneous evidence whatsoever.
The actual tweet published by the WHO:

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China
So just to be clear - the WHO did indeed publish that there was no evidence that COVID transfers between human to human.

All of which is precisely what I said.
Do you not see that you’ve changed your wording, agreeing with Monkey King, and that these are two different statements? :think:

I think the WHO made a serious error in putting out a tweet that undersold the danger of the disease at a critical time, and were probably lied to by Chinese authorities.

But you are still wrong in saying that the WHO published that COVID does not transfer between human to human. That distinction is important but perhaps too subtle for many, which is why the WHO was negligent in putting it out IMO.

After this no one will want to start or invest in a small business knowing the government can just shut it down at any moment and you lose everything

We will just have a few large corporations like McDonalds and all those woolworths owned pubs, everybody under $20 million net worth will be shut out

Im struggling to see the end point of all this. The curve has 'flattened' but we cant lift restrictions because it will just start up again. So we are just going to rot like this for another 18 months and pray for a vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back