Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to see any AFL this season, with the height of the flu season in July-September - too many symptoms such as a fever overlap with Corona. AFL would need to postpone until October at the earliest. The AFL should just allow clubs to have an extra 4 list spots for next season so a 2020 draft can be complete but hard when no junior footy is underway.

We are all getting shut down and risk going to the wall not just AFL. If the thing can be shut down then a few months footy is back.
OR
Are you arguing this is overkill? In which case we should be able to attend? States are shutting their borders now. How can it realistically continue?
I was looking forward to the season as much as anyone and the pies window may now shut but the AFL is part of society not seperate from it.

I am in complete and total agreement with shutting down, absolutely. I don’t expect the season to continue at this stage. My comment was more about the financial implications.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Announcement to forgo the last sixteen rounds of the season and go straight to finals.
Does that mean Essendon made the finals?

* yeah!

Good article on end game options. This can either really drag out with half measures or we go very strong lockdown for a few months until new cases slow right down and keep our borders closed for 12 months or until a vaccine treatment is found.

Someone start a petition to keep the footy going!!

The world is f’ed at the moment, footy is one of the few bright spots.

Hurts less when you rip the bandaid off.

Shut the whole thing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back