Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be relying on herd immunity either. Simply have to avoid the proverbial train smash in our hospitals if we don't slow the spread
just to clarify, slowing the spread (i.e. #flattenthecurve) is building herd immunity as more people in the population (hopefully young and healthy) get cv19 (hopefully at a very slow rate so the hospitals don't get overrun) and get over it and thereby are no longer able to be 'petri dishes' for the virus to continue to spread through the community (particularly to old and immune compromised people).

When countries try to almost completely avoid their population getting the virus that is called bending or avoiding the curve (as compared to flattening the curve) but is only successful if you bolt shut your borders until a vaccine is (hopefully) available at some stage (but noting that there isn't a commercial vaccine for SARS or MERS).

Last edited:
I didn't say the CCP was solely to blame for the outbreak here, some other countries governments could have also handled it better including Australia's but it was the CCP's incompetence and obfuscation in the initial stages of the outbreak that enabled it to become such a bad pandemic.

Nah sorry. The nature of the virus is what’s led to this becoming such a bad pandemic. An airborne virus that is contagious during the asymptomatic stage, has an incubation period up to 14 days, survives up to 3 hours in the air, up to 3 days on surfaces (17 days in the Diamond Princess) and spreads like wildfire.

It’s sheer arrogance to expect as fait accompli that this thing could and should have been contained. If it was so easy, why have we now in Australia, with a government that had months of forewarning, a full genome sequence and mountains of data, gone into log phase? If it was that easy to control, Australia shouldn’t even have a problem. But you expect a country who had none of this information in the initial stage to knock it on the head.

No doubt the CCP ****ed up, but hold them to account for what they ****ed up; not nature’s works; not the subsequent * up and obfuscation from other governments that have also failed, in some cases arguably worse.

Our number one source of infection in this country came from a country who’s leader denied the threat was even real - not China. And all you’ve got is ... well they got it from China. And then claim you’re not solely blaming China? Bollocks!

Last edited:
I heard a story two days ago, and its a Perth story it might be bulldust too, but I heard that a bus driver was positive and had been working all of several days, a family member who works in a large office, heard this from some who worked there who had travelled on buses, and it was them who brought in the info.
Have any Sandgropers heard of this, or is it scuttlebutt?
Was on the news Tuesday? Night.
Could have potentially infected 100s and the story goes had recently returned from overseas.

I had an interesting voice message last night from a mate of mine who is a police officer. s**t's about to hit the fan and the military have been called up.

Our numbers in WA are getting hammered right now by cruise ship passengers.Over 50 in the last three days its unbelievable how stupid these cruise ship people are.People are losing jobs the state is flat out keeping numbers down and cruise ship passengers are taking up resourses pushing up numbers and ******* up everyones efforts.I would put them all in very deep mine shafts for four weeks
Target practice for our subs.

Nah sorry. The nature of the virus is what’s led to this becoming such a bad pandemic. An airborne virus that is contagious during the asymptomatic stage, has an incubation period up to 14 days, survives up to 3 hours in the air, up to 3 days on surfaces (17 days in the Diamond Princess) and spreads like wildfire.

It’s sheer arrogance to expect as fait accompli that this thing could and should have been contained. If it was so easy, why have we now in Australia, with a government that had months of forewarning, a full genome sequence and mountains of data, gone into log phase? If it was that easy to control, Australia shouldn’t even have a problem. But you expect a country who had none of this information in the initial stage to knock it on the head.

No doubt the CCP f’ed up, but hold them to account for what they f’ed up; not nature’s works; not the subsequent fu** up and obfuscation from other governments that have also failed, in some cases arguably worse.

Our number one source of infection in this country came from a country who’s leader denied the threat was even real - not China. And all you’ve got is ... well they got it from China. And then claim you’re not solely blaming China? Bollocks!

You've conveniently ignored the fact that the CCP failed to shut down the wet markets that have been a breeding ground for this and other deadly viruses. Had they shut down the wet markets that caused this virus then they and other governments wouldn't have the problem of how to contain the virus as it wouldn't exist, prevention is better than the cure and if the CCP acted responsibly this virus could have been prevented.

You can argue that Trump, Morrison and other world leaders have contributed to the state of this pandemic with how they've handled it but they've been handed a s**t sandwich which wasn't of their making and where there is no easy fix.

I totally failed to see the generalised ‘you’ so I do apologise for misunderstanding.

I think I’m understanding your position now. Are you saying that the changing of the name from Wuhan virus to CCP etc. is indicative of racism? If so, then I can see how this may be the case. I personally would still clarify a person’s intention though.

No problem. Just wanted to be clear I wasn’t talking about you personally.

For those I’m talking about, it never really started with Wuhan virus. It started with Chinese virus after Trump started signalling it. There is no clarifying. It’s not like they’ll be honest about it, just say something inane like “well that’s where it comes from”. It’s like a child who covers their eyes and genuinely thinks you can’t see them.

The military have been called up? Nothing about this on the wireless...
It's hush hush. The Chief also wants to call a state of disaster. They're preparing for crime like we've never seen and full blown riots. It also includes full scale lockdowns which aren't too far away.

His words were 's**t's going to hit the fan, stay tuned.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's hush hush. The Chief also wants to call a state of disaster. They're preparing for crime like we've never seen and full blown riots. It also includes full scale lockdowns which aren't too far away.

His words were 's**t's going to hit the fan, stay tuned.'

Riots over what? Has any other country seen riots or huge crime numbers?

I can't figure out why Gardenvale TAB on Nepean highway is open, every night this week driving home from work. Is there something I don't know about? Surely it's not all that essential. Even the dodgy massage joint next door is closed

You know the best way to avoid getting done for speeding?

Don't exceed the speed limit.
I never said i got a speed ticket, or complained about getting one. Im simply saying resources are needed elsewhere during this crisis. Soon police will be driving down suburban streets during lockdown to make sure people are complying. Is it that hard to understand?

I can't figure out why Gardenvale TAB on Nepean highway is open, every night this week driving home from work. Is there something I don't know about? Surely it's not all that essential. Even the dodgy massage joint next door is closed

What is there even to gamble on currently?

Can we maybe bet on the coronavirus?

Theres so many reports of young people's mental health deteriorating already and one girl in the UK already committed suicide. The lockdown will need to last 18 months until there's a vaccine or as soon as they open up it will just start spreading again.

With an 18 month lockdown you will need the military in the street enforcing it for the next 17.5 months of it

Theres so many reports of young people's mental health deteriorating already and one girl in the UK already committed suicide. The lockdown will need to last 18 months until there's a vaccine or as soon as they open up it will just start spreading again.

With an 18 month lockdown you will need the military in the street enforcing it for the next 17.5 months of it

You won’t need an 18 month lockdown unless most just ignore it and they don’t enforce it.

Mind you the current half assed confused messaging doesn’t help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back