Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez just saw on 9news that Indonesia is predicted to have half of their population infected soon. Lack of testing, poor standards, and a population that ignores all medical advice. Currently a death rate of 10%.

Hard to feel sorry for them though when they are still celebrating festivals and going about life as if nothing is happening.

Trump would be proud of them

Lol did you even read the site? Did you read the papers?

Where's the "this is a man made bio weapon" equivalent? Oh, right, there is none... because one has evidence and the other doesn't. God you're a fool:

The very website you link actually supports what I'm saying. Maybe proofread before making yourself look like an idiot. Again.

Yes I read, show me where the paper states it as fact that they know the virus jumped from wild animals or bats or whatever to humans? I’m not arguing it’s bio warfare of any kind, I am saying it is not categoric or matter of fact that it jumped from animal to human. Until it is, people will have opinions to the contrary.

Accept and move on Thrawn 👍

What part of "there is more evidence of that than a man made weapon" don't you seem to understand?

Yes evidence but that’s all.. it’s really still up for debate how the virus got out.

Why are you mincing words? The entire discussion I was having was that there's no evidence of this being a bio weapon, whereas this being a zootonic disease is much better supported with what we know. Viruses don't just mysteriously appear into existence out of no where.

Well some people, in fact respected scientists have connected plausible evidence and connected some credible dots that possible releasing or escaping of the virus took place.. While that evidence is somewhat anecdotal (based on opinions), it is still relevant and certainly worth exploring.

Heartening but not there just yet.

Yeah I saw that initially, then couldn't find it when I went searching further.

Even if so mild asthma is a really variable/heterogenous condition
-does that mean occasional ventolin use and pretty normal life?
-Ventolin before exercise only?
-Low dose puffer and never needing hospitalisation before?
-Asthma as a child and now grown out of it?
-Flares in winter, but no medication at all in summer?

Also
-it hasn't been listed as a common comorbidity in other studies of COVID deaths
-I really hope it doesn't become a trend given how common it is in Australia!!!
Why should we listen to you though over someone with a Nobel prize and one of the first people to work out what Covid-19 actually is? Genuine question.

Its not butchering or the eating of animals that is the problem with wet markets, its bringing different species close together in unhygienic conditions. The theory is, this virus passed from bats to Pagolins. It then jumped from Pagolins to humans. It doesnt appear to be the result of the Chinese butchering or eating bats.

Its similar to the story in Australia a decade or so ago where horse handlers started getting sick. The virus was a bat virus, but they got it from horses, not bats.
Hendra virus.
The point of my post wasn’t to argue the toss.

Jesus dude, there is not going to be a lockdown for 18 months under any circumstances with COVID. Society just won’t take it
Well we may not have a choice. Hospitals can only cope with so many cases at once. There will be social distancing restrictions until there is a vaccine or maybe, our best bet for a quicker resolution, find an existing drug that can slow the severity of Coronovirus.

will the AFL 2021 season start on time?

Actually if she had actually listened to him she wouldn't have ingested it. Since what she took and what he raved about aren't the same thing.
If trump supporters actually listened to him, maybe they would see through how he is pulling strings to make his internet puppets dance, and stop being so callous and divisive on the internet for no reason.
Why are there australians who love him so much? Trump would throw them under the bus just as quickly as this poor woman (a trump supporter) has been thrown under the bus by those who consider her existence a smear on trumps name.
There is a reason she requested anonymity at a time when she could use some support.

I really hope all the trump attack sheep on here can come around, calm down and stop being so angry at anything that might smear trumps name. Life can be so much happier. He represents an unhealthy place to invest ones identity in.
As someone with family and friends in the states, some who are trump lovers and closely follow his lead, i really hope he doesn't say anything else that encourages people to get themselves killed for no reason.
I'm not going to post about this anymore

If trump supporters actually listened to him, maybe they would see through how he is pulling strings to make his internet puppets dance, and stop being so callous and divisive on the internet for no reason.
Why are there australians who love him so much? Trump would throw them under the bus just as quickly as this poor woman (a trump supporter) has been thrown under the bus by those who consider her existence a smear on trumps name.
There is a reason she requested anonymity at a time when she could use some support.

I really hope all the trump attack sheep on here can come around, calm down and stop being so angry at anything that might smear trumps name. Life can be so much happier. He represents an unhealthy place to invest ones identity in.
As someone with family and friends in the states, some who are trump lovers and closely follow his lead, i really hope he doesn't say anything else that encourages people to get themselves killed for no reason.
I'm not going to post about this anymore
I'm not a Trump supporter. But you should stop posting, you're clearly very emotional and can't post rationally on the subject.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did not call the virus a hoax. He did not call concerns about the virus a hoax. He likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the Coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax."

Hope we've cleared this up now.

wanting to see the back of trump is extreme now? Not sure I see that

Seriously though, i doubt that there is a big bogey man out to get us. Probably healthier to take all this as a day by day proposition rather than try and guess at possible conspiracy theories.
We can either get angry, or get through it. And I honestly wish all you guys the best.

The guy from John Hopkins University who started the panic with his "millions of dead" study is now saying less than 20k people in the UK will die, and two thirds of them are so old and sick they would have died within 12 months of non corona illness anyway

Oh dear. The media and some in this thread are so desperate for young and healthy people to start dying but it looks like it just isn't going to happen

Mate we have to work through what we have. I don’t reasonably believe the bio-weapon but neither do I discount it.
The thing around all of this is the w***er know it all tries to highbrow people because he thinks he knows all. We are not allowed to discuss alternative theories when he is around. Absolute tosser. And the tosser starts with name calling and denigrating people because they dare think something different.
People like him absolutely s**t me to tears.
As you were and stay healthy.
It's not worth getting upset. I don't even think it's a bioweapon but I don't know why you would be seen as a nutjob for entertaining that possibility. Remember these people saying you are crazy for thinking this are the same people who think being up to date on all the latest about the virus from mainstream news sources is the same as "knowing the facts".

Mate we have to work through what we have. I don’t reasonably believe the bio-weapon but neither do I discount it.
The thing around all of this is the w***er know it all tries to highbrow people because he thinks he knows all. We are not allowed to discuss alternative theories when he is around. Absolute tosser. And the tosser starts with name calling and denigrating people because they dare think something different.
People like him absolutely s**t me to tears.
As you were and stay healthy.
Thanks, and you too mate. And I hope that you and old mate can achieve the same sentiment for each other as well.
Alot of us are coming across as tossers on here at the moment, I'm sure me included, but we are all pretty stressed out and probably would not seem so tosser-ish face to face over a beer.
It can be hard but i try to remember that.

God dam i miss pubs.

There’s no factual evidence that guarantees the virus came from Wuhan wet markets.

Thanks for that link, a couple of very interesting reads.

As for the important notes from it: It's the current working theory about the Pangolins but it seems highly likely. No matter what however it is a natural source and has ruled out any bio-engineering of the virus (dismissed it as "fanciful" on the abstract too)

That's because you're blatantly wrong and spreading misinformation (and get upset when called out on it):

You are not "people". You're an individual who is full of s**t, so stop trying to play the victim card here. It's already been scientifically disproved. Just stop. You are exactly like a flat-earther.

Literally from the link tige provided too that study

Victoria very consistent in positive tests, good news?
Would appear the rate at which active cases is doubling has started to show signs of slowing. That's good news to I guess?

Would appear the rate at which active cases is doubling has started to show signs of slowing. That's good news to I guess?
"Victoria’s government is bracing for up to 2,000 intensive care admissions at the peak of the pandemic here, expected in late May or early June. The state only had about 475 ICU beds before the crisis developed, compared with about 875 in NSW."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back