Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet ultimately containment is the only option when there is no vaccine. Herd immunity is only a strategy with vaccines.

Covid-19 is no where near as deadly as Ebola, and to a lesser extent SARS, but it's a highly contagious deadly virus that if left unchecked would cause the big loss of human life in history.

Obviously we're not leaving it unchecked; we undergoing the greatest containment in human history. Wrap your ahead around that for a sec.

Anyone that suggests herd immunity for this right now, I can think of two words for them and it rhymes with medical doctor, it's serial killer.
[/QUOTE]Infect every healthy 18yr to 45 yrs old, across 5 - 6 waves. keep them locked up till they are clear presto herd immunity in a few months

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

yes we should. I’d be happy for the government to tax Chinese imports enough to make Australian made competitive. It’s going to hurt prying ourselves away from Chinese reliance but it needs to happen.

we’d create a cv19 vaccine years before we created a single iPhone. Lets get real

The numbers represent what's being tested ... people who've returned from overseas or come in contact with a confirmed case. Given the falling number of returnees to our shores, I wouldn't expect to see a surge in these numbers. Worry this could lead to public complacency and reckon it's time to broaden the testing criteria and start getting some more realistic data.
I'm starting to sense complacency. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Theres going to be a very hard decision to make soon. Once the lockdown lifts it will just spread again like wildfire. But society wont last 18 months of this, and 18 months for a vaccine is only if everything goes perfectly or else there may never be a vaccine at all.

Someone will have to be a bit creative and think of some new solution

Theres going to be a very hard decision to make soon. Once the lockdown lifts it will just spread again like wildfire. But society wont last 18 months of this, and 18 months for a vaccine is only if everything goes perfectly or else there may never be a vaccine at all.

The wage subsidy package is for 6 months and it's huge, could possibly be that's all there is and after 6 months we have no choice but to open everything up and hopefully there is not to much hospital overload by that point.

or, like we as australians usually do, watch others test various solutions then pick the best one that suits our sitiation.

its called knowing your advantages

Be angry and outraged all you want, but be angry and outraged about actual things, not half arsed articles with unrelated pictures and unverified "sources", or posters who alter what's reported in the article to inflame emotions. That just makes you a sucker.

I try to think critically and independently, so if you post some s**t, chances are I will fact check you. And boy, there's been a lot of s**t posted about China in this thread. Of course, some will take that as a defence of China, but that just shows how some people's thinking is subordinate to their emotions.

"The Chinese". Stereotyping an entire nation of people whom you probably know very little about. Nice!

Nothing is all good or bad. The CCP have done some truly amazing things for China. They've also done some terrible things. I'm particularly not a fan of Xi. He's taken state control to a whole other level and directed China's gaze outwards, following America's strategy of putting other nations into economic servitude.

I have Chinese neighbours a few houses down. I often cut their smallish front lawn esp when they’re away. Takes me 5 minutes. The most respectful people imaginable. The mum and dad can hardly speak english but will always bow to me when I give them a wave. Serious question, should I bow back or is waving ok? I don’t want to show any disrespect. I don’t want them stereotyping me as the aussie bogan the street.

I have Chinese neighbours a few houses down. I often cut their smallish front lawn esp when they’re away. Takes me 5 minutes. The most respectful people imaginable. The mum and dad can hardly speak english but will always bow to me when I give them a wave. Serious question, should I bow back or is waving ok? I don’t want to show any disrespect. I don’t want them stereotyping me as the aussie bogan the street.

You should wave, smile and nod. Bowing as a westerner comes off as mocking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These idiots have learnt fu** all :mad:

Yet our resident apologists have no issue with China...they are a huge problem.

These idiots have learnt fu** all :mad:

Quality journalism :rolleyes:

“Apparently” China has started wet markets again. Not a skerrick of evidence provided to support the claim. I mean absolutely zero. They didn’t even bother. And why would they when their audience is so eager to feel outraged. Hell, even the images they pulled ... one was originally from a Washington Post article on China banning the markets, another from a Los Angeles Times article entitled "No, China’s fresh food markets did not cause coronavirus" that explained the difference between wet markets, that exist in places like Europe, and wildlife markets.

I suppose, what could one expect from a free tabloid that relies on advertising revenue and has articles the likes of "Aliens already live amongst us".

Honestly, the lack of critical thinking from some posters leaves me speechless. It's below the level expected from a 9th grade high school student.

Last edited:
Quality journalism :rolleyes:

“Apparently” China has started wet markets again. Not a skerrick of evidence provided to support the claim. I mean absolutely zero. They didn’t even bother. And why would they when their audience is so eager to feel outraged. Hell, even the images they pulled ... one was originally from a Washington Post article on China banning the markets, another from a Los Angeles Times article entitled "No, China’s fresh food markets did not cause coronavirus" that explained the difference between wet markets, that exist in places like Europe, and wildlife markets.

I suppose, what could one expect from a free tabloid that relies on advertising revenue and has articles the likes of "Aliens already live amongst us".

Honestly, the lack of critical thinking from some posters leaves me speechless. It's below the level expected from a 9th grade high school student.
Sharing hate can be an expression of vulnerability and insecurity !!

These vulnerable people need to have the social circles reinforced. Hating helps people understand the boundaries between these circles, it helps clearly define them. When they share this hate this helps them feel connected which is a driving force.

I sometimes wonder if you could sit people down and show them the facts in a calm manner , share and discuss with them . In this case show them the bats were from a market in Vietnam, show them that wet markets exist elsewhere and not just Asia , show the reality in perspective with regard to the whole world a better understanding would be achieved .
Internet forums just dont allow for this, it all happens to quick with many inputs. It feeds that desire to have mutual agreement via hate.
Hence the s**t fight.

Civil unrest brewing in Italy as patience turns to desperation

Like the doomsayers love to say "we are 2 weeks behind Italy.. "

The problem is you have a bunch of extremely rich people and a small group of others who can work at home etc, imposing their will on 80 % of the population who cannot take this staying at home thing for more than a few weeks. Having another millionaire celebrity tell us to "just stay home" is going to wear very thin soon

Infect every healthy 18yr to 45 yrs old, across 5 - 6 waves. keep them locked up till they are clear presto herd immunity in a few months

[/QUOTE]
Despite what people say, and despite the very low rate, it does make people under 45 sick enough that they need ventilators, and some will die even with them.

Civil unrest brewing in Italy as patience turns to desperation

Like the doomsayers love to say "we are 2 weeks behind Italy.. "

The problem is you have a bunch of extremely rich people and a small group of others who can work at home etc, imposing their will on 80 % of the population who cannot take this staying at home thing for more than a few weeks. Having another millionaire celebrity tell us to "just stay home" is going to wear very thin soon
The problem with lockdowns, hard to keep up for long. If we had gone early with a lockdown, it wouldn't have spread in Australia like it has. But when we come out of lockdown, the world is still full of the virus, and unless you hermetically seal of Australia for as long as it takes to make a vaccine, in quantity, it just starts all over again.

WA starting community testing of People with chest infections and fever very soon as in tomorrow.There are no more or less people with those issues than is normal for this time of year in WA and hospitalized People with phumonia and chest infections who do not fit the testing criteria have been tested and so far so good. But the concern is the 2,000 or so Ruby Princess passengers being let loose on the streets by the genius can do no wrong NSW authoritys and the associated likely hood of community spread from that.

This is disgusting.

Anyone who celebrates anyone getting this thing, or hopes someone gets this thing is an utter, utter scumbag. Doesn't matter who it is or what you think of them.

As footy fans, we know that injury trolling is just not acceptable. Yet ****heads like this guy think it's fine to celebrate when someone gets a deadly disease where their family could sit and watch them die but not comfort them or hold their hand. What a horrible excuse for a human.

Yet in the next breathe many of people that agree with those sort comments claim to be "caring and compassionate".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back