Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me give you an update re alleged 'price gouging' by supermarkets. When the panic buying started many suppliers had their inventory cover reduced to 0. Not just toilet paper - pasta, flour, soaps, cleaning agents, sanitary items, etc. Retailers have been discussing options with many suppliers for weeks because recovering from full out of stocks takes time - manufacturing requires ingredients and packaging (often sourced from countries that are also presently in lockdown) and there is no short-term fix. No air freight available. Ships don't sail faster. Retailers have had to remove many of their scheduled promotions because, simply put, there is not enough stock available to support the demand.

Lol. Trump is not doing fine. I watch Trump ever day for the laughs and because he is so bad.

Yesterday he said that he hid the facts about Covid from the America people for the last 4 weeks because he wanted them to have hope.

He is literally killing people when he talks.
Don't people want China sued for hiding the truth about the virus.

Now Trump's saying he did the same thing?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why is everyone going on and on about toilet paper? At this time we are meant to exercising personal hygiene not using paper to smear poo all over our bottoms. I can understand people using loo paper at work, but at home? Wtf? Wash your bottoms people.

Lol. You said you aren’t politicising this.

Scomo and all of the premiers have been fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fantastic is overstating it; Morrison’s initial response was objectively bad: telling people to keep shaking hands, that he was going to the NRL, keeping gatherings large enough to allow Hillsong to finish its convention, slow to close borders, the Ruby Princess debacle. He has been much improved in the past week, but it’s pretty hard to look bad when you are just giving things away to people to stop the bottom falling out. His approval is undoubtedly rising, he has a platform on which to ride this out.

The premiers have largely been better.

More the TP, sanitizer, etc. I don’t eat frozen things in general anyway and most of my food is vegetable based.

I don’t believe for one second that these rolls and rolls of TP weren’t bought and sold for profits in China for instance
That's lol worthy.

Australia is a high price country.
China is a low price country.
Toilet paper is bulky, for it's price. It therefore costs a lot of money to ship $100 worth of toilet paper internationally.
Toilet paper is still to a degree a western 'thing'.
If the Chinese are panic buying, pretty sure it isn't toilet roll they're stocking up on.
If you did decide to import toilet paper into China, would you source it from supermarket shelves in a country having a huge run on toilet paper, at retail market prices?

Or, would you buy it direct from a manufacturer, in a place not having a toilet paper crises, at wholesale prices?

You've watched lines of westerners lining up to fill shopping trolleys with toilet paper.

Then you've seen empty shelves.

And you concluded the Chinese have taken all our toilet paper?

That's lol worthy.

Toilet paper is bulky, for it's price. It therefore costs a lot of money to ship $100 worth of toilet paper internationally.
If the Chinese are panic buying, pretty sure it isn't toilet roll they're stocking up on.
If you did decide to import toilet paper into China, would you source it from supermarket shelves in a country having a huge run on toilet paper, at retail market prices?

Or, would you buy it direct from a manufacturer, in a place not having a toilet paper crises, at wholesale prices?

You've watched lines of westerners lining up to fill shopping trolleys with toilet paper.

But I read it on a meme on facebook it must be true

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tasmania 0 new cases. Give them a team.
Tasmania should be able to shut this out pretty easily. Small population and no international travelers. Quarantine for interstate travel has been in place for a number of weeks, and now that's become a hotel quarantine like what other states do for international travelers. They're best placed to completely squash it out reasonably quickly. Little bit tougher in more densely populated areas like Melbourne and Sydney which get a lot of international arrivals with the potential for transmission between states as well. More variables to juggle.

That's lol worthy.

Detective jatz is on the case.

Why is everyone going on and on about toilet paper? At this time we are meant to exercising personal hygiene not using paper to smear poo all over our bottoms. I can understand people using loo paper at work, but at home? Wtf? Wash your bottoms people.

I have no idea what bizarre method you're using but that's not how you do it m8

A normal size fridge freezer should be able to store enough meat or vegetables for are meat 1 or 2 months if stored properly for two people.
If everybody gets 2 to 3 months of meat at once, a significant proportion of people will get none.

Our retail system is just not designed to cope with large scale mass purchasing.

It's designed for when the bulk of people buy a week or so at a time.

WA closing the border at 11:59pm Sunday.
Unless you have an exemption you will be turned away at the border. This go for residents aswell.
FIFO workers aren’t exempt so would expect a mass migration to Perth in the coming days to beat the closure

Let me give you an update re alleged 'price gouging' by supermarkets. When the panic buying started many suppliers had their inventory cover reduced to 0. Not just toilet paper - pasta, flour, soaps, cleaning agents, sanitary items, etc. Retailers have been discussing options with many suppliers for weeks because recovering from full out of stocks takes time - manufacturing requires ingredients and packaging (often sourced from countries that are also presently in lockdown) and there is no short-term fix. No air freight available. Ships don't sail faster. Retailers have had to remove many of their scheduled promotions because, simply put, there is not enough stock available to support the demand.
I actually think Coles and Woolworths and their staff have stepped up in the crisis

I certainly have more respect for them now than I did this time last year

They were doing that with baby formula long before this pandemic started so it wouldn't surprise me if they were doing it with toilet paper as well.
There was a major issue with the supply of baby food in China. This created a severe shortage, and a black market in baby food, and really high prices, significantly higher than here.

None of which is true of toilet paper.

Alibaba is currently selling toilet paper on line in China for 9 US cents a roll.

So explain to me the economics of shipping toilet paper from a country with a shortage and high prices to a country with low prices and no shortage.

Or is it that it's all an evil plot, done because the Chinese are Evil and do evil things for the joy of it.

I have no idea what bizarre method you're using but that's not how you do it m8
Pretty sure that whatever you are doing it isn't as effective as simply washing your bottom.
If someone took a dump on your kitchen table, would you think you could clean it using only paper.

What is your understanding of the specific self-isolation controls that actually existed in Wuhan prior to 22.1.20? How do you know this, & evidence?

Ditto, other parts of China prior to 22.1.20 where covid-19 was reasonably known to have had outbreaks?

2. So it begins.

"An initial wave of 3 class actions stemming from covid-19 were filed against the Chinese government this past week (from 24.3- my words). Each action claims the Chinese government is liable for injuries & damages in the US caused by the virus. Other suits no doubt will follow...
The three suits argue the Chinese government co-ordinated a cover-up of the coronavirus pandemic...

The complainants cite to a series of instances where the Chinese government officials:-

. failed to timely report the virus

. underreported the severity o the virus

. underreported the number of deaths from the virus

. failed to control the outbreak within the country

. destroyed data about the virus

. misled the WHO about the virus

. censored social media references to the disease

. prevented doctors & press from reporting the virus

. & made misleading & false statements about the status & severity of the outbreak in China".

These claims, in 3 US courts, are seeking c. US $20 trillion for injuries & damages in the US alone.

Legally, it is very difficult for complainants in a non-international court to be given leave, by that court, to take action against a foreign government (cf an international tribunal). Even if successful in US courts, China would be very unlikely to agree to pay any damages.

Defence exhibit A.

US president saying that when he said there was no problem and that cases would soon be zero. He was trying to avoid panic.

He is doing a very good job, just ask him.

How can US citizens sue China for doing a very good job, in helping Trump avoid panic.

If everybody gets 2 to 3 months of meat at once, a significant proportion of people will get none.

Our retail system is just not designed to cope with large scale mass purchasing.

It's designed for when the bulk of people buy a week or so at a time.

There is no food shortage or food scarcity. You're overreacting.

I'm almost 100% sure you are one of those people that not only waste food needlessly (which is pretty much everyone in this country) but excessively.

WA closing the border at 11:59pm Sunday.
Unless you have an exemption you will be turned away at the border. This go for residents aswell.
FIFO workers aren’t exempt so would expect a mass migration to Perth in the coming days to beat the closure

Same for QLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back