Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends entirely on your circumstances.

Yes, some people don’t know what they have until they are taken from their homes in the dead of the night and thrown into prison without any legal rights. Maybe China is a preferable option for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree; that’s why any claims of being there best country in the world’ are a little silly. It’s usually just pointless nationalism. It’s fine to say we are appear to be handling this crisis better than most.

I would say that Australia is certainly the best country on earth based on empirical evidence. Not sure what evidence suggests otherwise.

I would say that Australia is certainly the best country on earth based on empirical evidence. Not sure what evidence suggests otherwise.

NZ is better.

We have no snakes and spiders, and it doesn't go on fire all the time.

When it comes to responding to crisis like this and the bush-fires I honestly think Australia is top notch.

It may be a factor that given we have a relatively low population density we place a high emphasis on the health and well being of our citizens.

As apposed to the CCP which treat their citizens as an expendable resource to be used and exploited.

I used to work in Food Safety / Quality and I know that in regards to this field at least Australia is considered world class due to our rigid safety standards and transparency.

Honestly where else in the world (apart from maybe New Zealand) would you currently rather be to ride this crisis out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When it comes to responding to crisis like this and the bush-fires I honestly think Australia is top notch.

It may be a factor that given we have a relatively low population density we place a high emphasis on the health and well being of our citizens.

As apposed to the CCP which treat their citizens as an expendable resource to be used and exploited.

I used to work in Food Safety / Quality and I know that in regards to this field at least Australia is considered world class due to our rigid safety standards and transparency.

Honestly where else in the world (apart from maybe New Zealand) would you currently rather be to ride this crisis out?

Honestly it is crazy to think otherwise - I mean, as with anything in life, there is always improvement, but the ability for Australia to deal with two force majeure events within 3-5 months of each other as it has with flying colours is amazing.

This on top of Australia being the country that has not had a recession the longest out of most major world economies. I think Australia is best placed to recover quickest from this health and fiscal crises over any country.

What empirical evidence would that be? We regularly rank behind the Nordic countries on standard of living, the Asian countries on education, the UK on universal health care etc. We rank highly in many of these countries, much like NZ or Canada or Switzerland. But there’s not objective measure for ‘Straya, * yeah!’.

I wonder what effect all this will have on other infectious diseases?

Colds, mono, hep A, flu etc.

Social isolation will limit the spread of all of them.

We may come out of this with a lower infectious disease burden over all.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think in years to come we will see a big reduction in those diseases. This will make everyone a lot more aware of infection control. Greetings will be done differently. I can see a time where you go through the gates at the MCG and get your bags checked and have your temperature taken.

I wonder what effect all this will have on other infectious diseases?

Colds, mono, hep A, flu etc.

Social isolation will limit the spread of all of them.

We may come out of this with a lower infectious disease burden over all.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app
And probably more brainless wastes of oxygen who think vaccines shouldn't be used

I was never a big fan of Scomo, but they've handled this pretty well (if the numbers are true)

Easy for everybody to criticize every move from our chairs, but they're working 24/7 looking after us all
They have handled it well but australia is lucky that we had time on our side. If those first chinese carriers of the virus decided to go to sydney instead of italy and america in early february then sydney could very well have been just like new york right now.

Given we wont havr crowds allowed, we could break with tradition and play it at the home ground of the highest qualifier. The Cricket wont be happening given many cricket countries will take alot longer to recover from Xi's flu so the stadiums will.br available.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe, but playing in summer (if that happens) will also be a big factor. They're not gonna play the gf in 35+ degrees

They have handled it well but australia is lucky that we had time on our side. If those first chinese carriers of the virus decided to go to sydney instead of italy and america in early february then sydney could very well have been just like new york right now.

Imagine if we'd listened to the universities and let all the chinese students come straight in for the start of the semester..

I doubt it, Italy mistook it for common flu and America didn't take it seriously. Even in Feb we were taking it more serious than that already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back