Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many people who ‘are never going to buy anything from China again’ are posting from their Apple iPhones. Reckon a lot of people fail to comprehend the complexity of the issue.

They also probably won't realise when they see "Made in Vietnam" and feel great about it, that it's likely a Chinese company who holds the manufacturing contract and built a factory there to offset rising labour costs in China.

I wonder how many people who ‘are never going to buy anything from China again’ are posting from their Apple iPhones. Reckon a lot of people fail to comprehend the complexity of the issue.
One can change their buying habits even if they've bought Chinese made products in the past.

I suspect many attitudes will change in light of this crisis.

Thats just a false statement. The data from China showed unequivocally this was worse than influenza virus.

The CCP and Chinese people deserve praise for how they arrested the spread in their country. It’s nothing to be sneezed at when we other counties that have failed so miserably.

Nothing is all good or all bad.

They did a three week lockdown and its all better.
Sure.

How did that work so well exactly?
How can the people fleeing Wuhan cause outbreaks all around the world, but not the rest of China.
Publishing a false death count lower than the much smaller country, Italy, IS providing false data.

One can change their buying habits even if they've bought Chinese made products in the past.

I suspect many attitudes will change in light of this crisis.
Doubt it, many people make a song and dance about many things but when push comes to shove the dollar wins out more often then not. How many people would look at where something was made? Most just head straight for the price tag.
China has their foot in so many doors that it makes it next to impossible to see where the money is going. Something that says made in Vietnam or made in Thailand is still more than likely made in those countries by a Chinese owned company

They also probably won't realise when they see "Made in Vietnam" and feel great about it, that it's likely a Chinese company who holds the manufacturing contract and built a factory there to offset rising labour costs in China.

I'm aware of that. So what? I'm sure there are Chinese billionaires that own pieces of everything.

I'm just not going to buy anything made in China anymore. Simple. For example as good as Huawei phones are you can't get Android stock or Google on it so who gives a s**t. I'll try and avoid as much as knowledgeable buying Chinese manufactured goods which are generally s**t quality anyway.

Why would I give wealth to a nation that systematically run by a Marxist government which takes advantage of it's people but then hypocritically trades with democratic capitalist? Before you spare the irony of that's what we are doing, like I said, no more.

Have a look at video below and tell me the CCP is not unconscionable? Can you refute any of their points? We await your response.

You're clearly uninformed. Again, who in the racing industry did you/could you catch COVID-19 from? The racing industry is very different from other sports and you obviously have no idea how it works.
I haven't caught it from golf or fishing either. That's not to say I wouldn't. Just like the jockeys can catch it and pass it on. Yes I know people in the racing industry, they mostly only associate in their circle. But they still go to the shops etc.
Anyway racing is " non essential", so why does it remain? Money...

Last edited:
How can the people fleeing Wuhan cause outbreaks all around the world, but not the rest of China.

Publishing a false death count lower than the much smaller country, Italy, IS providing false data.

That's the million dollar question and it has an answer, but hey, you've already decided you're not gonna believe it, so why would I waste my time explaining it to you.

They have most surely provided false data on what went down in Wuhan. Just as surely as you made a false statement that the data indicated Covid-19 was a bad flu. The data was clear, yet how many numbskulls, even in this thread, we saying this was just a bad flu up until recently.

I'm happy to be wrong, but I don't think I've seen any graphs where Australia was not on the same arc as Italy, Spain, US etc. in the early phase.
We've done a good job. Testing criteria are being expanded so there may be a spike but hopefully those cases are managed more rapidly and overall we continue our slower trajectory.

We instituted measures at the right point, and now we've had success.

Looking at any graph of COVID cases and we're carving out a middle road between the quick countries (Japan, Korea) and the slower and more impacted countries (of which there are many!). eg. see attached graph.

Testing people who you've traced from contact with known cases, finding the positives and isolating them...is way different to testing them as they come into the hospital hardly able to breath.
Doesn't show up in those graphs though, but it does show up in the death rate.

That's the million dollar question and it has an answer, but hey, you've already decided you're not gonna believe it, so why would I waste my time explaining it to you.

They have most surely provided false data on what went down in Wuhan. Just as surely as you made a false statement that the data indicated Covid-19 was a bad flu. The data was clear, yet how many numbskulls, even in this thread, we saying this was just a bad flu up until recently.

You think the WHO wouldn't have taken into account the number of new cases and number of deaths?
Thats playing it down.

Hey we have a real bad virus, but look its only killed 3000 in all of china . Sorry that data is NOT clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just not going to buy anything made in China anymore. Simple.

Have a look at video below and tell me the CCP is not unconscionable? Can you refute any of their points? We await your response.

Good for you. I wholeheartedly believe that consumer spending is our greatest voice and was vehemently opposed to Scott Morrison wanting to legislate against consumer boycott campaigns. I've also stated more than once in this thread that one positive that could come out of this crisis would be a decentralisation of supply chains that I hope would put an end to China's belt and road endeavours. Perhaps you can play a role in that. I would be pleased if you could. Not sure simply boycotting Made in China consumer products will do the trick though.

I watched your video, but what's to refute? What 3 points did she make? That the DG, who has a PhD in preventative health, was the first African appointee to the position (he was one of 3 candidates preselected by the WHO). And? That China supported his appointment (and AID many agencies btw), along with a majority of nations who voted for him (133 votes out of 186). And that Xi's wife is an ambassador appointed under the previous DG, that the presenter at least concedes is proof of nothing. Aside from these facts that speak to nothing at all, there is only inference.

One thing I do refute is the claim by the presenter that the virus could've been stopped. That's just rubbish. If it was that easy to do at ground zero with very little understanding of the virus, why have so many other governments failed to do so with advanced notice, a full genome sequence and mountains of data.

What they've done wrong.
Publish data that makes the rest of the world consider its like a serious Flu. Until they found out for themselves .

What they've done right.
Stop it from being a big deal in china outside one province.

So what do they deserve praise for?

Add pressuring governments around the world not to stop flights to China to the what they've done wrong list. Everything else you can debate its legitimacy/veracity (and some are doing so, IMO, very reasonably in this thread), but leaning on governments to disregard their own public health and allow travel to and accept travel from the place a new, contagious disease has been discovered cannot be defended. It can easily be understood as to why they chose to do that (losing out on tourism Yuan and industry) but it was spectacularly ignorant of their situation and showed contempt for other nations trying to do what's best for the health of their citizens.

I don’t disagree at all that China would benefit from a better government. But the rush to blame never comes from a considered place. There are plenty of other Asian nations that have wet markets; yes, it came from China this time but it could have come from elsewhere. Should we apportion some of the blame/compensation to those countries. And why just this time? No one demanded England pay for mad cow disease, which also came about because of vile practices (feeding dead cows to healthy cows).

Hold them to account for trying to cover up the seriousness of the issue, but don’t assume nefarious purposes when plain old embarrassment or incompetence is likely the cause. Even with a heads-up, plenty of other countries screwed up their initial response because no one wanted to take it seriously or admit they were woefully unprepared for it.

Keep the pressure on the government for its s**t treatment of doctors and the like, but ‘blame China’ is usually a huge dog whistle to pretty shitty humans.

Agreed that any argument about the intent behind any Chinese cover up or fabrication should be mindful of Hanlon's Razor. Mind you I think a lot of people recognise it may have been stupidity and the need for their government to save face internationally and from their own people that would've led to any potential misinformation. To me however, that alone is a pretty nefarious mindset to beget the stupidity.

Every government in the world is now basically telling everyone China is full of s**t and we can't trust their numbers/anything they say, yet we still have these ignorant people on here wanting to play the victim card and call everyone racist for wanting some accountability from the CCP.

It's this younger generation, always jumping up to get offended over nothing incapable of having a reasoned debate.

Not going to lie: I think it's pretty naieve to think governments aren't partly (or indeed mostly) doing so to pass the buck on their own mishandling of the situation.

I also think generational blaming is a pretty "unreasoned" response in any debate and only really serves to disservice your own position.

I haven't caught it from golf or fishing either. That's not to say I wouldn't. Just like the jockeys can catch it and pass it on. Yes I know people in the racing industry, they mostly only associate in their circle. But they still go to the shops etc.
Anyway racing is " non essential", so why does it remain? Money...
No idea

One thing I do refute is the claim by the presenter that the virus could've been stopped. That's just rubbish. If it was that easy to do at ground zero with very little understanding of the virus, why have so many other governments failed to do so with advanced notice, a full genome sequence and mountains of data.

Great point.

Let alone products being twice or three times the price when made here.....how long will they pay more for something they can get cheaper when made from China (Same people who are screaming for a handout after 1 week of being without a job - so obviously not savers)

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

We're just waiting on our shipment from China, the country that started this pandemic and is now profiting from it as the rest of the world bids for their products.

Don't criticise China though or Monkey King or theyellowsash will accuse you of being racist.
You can criticise China without being racist. It just seems that you and a few others in here can't seem to manage it.

You mean the country where this pandemic started.

Millions of Chinese who've never eaten an exotic animal have been victims of this pandemic too.

I'll tell you the danger of your simplistically minded thinking; a friend of mine's mother, who lives in Indiana, was recently assaulted for simply being of Chinese ethnicity. She's a lovely woman, the type who'll deliver you some food if you're feeling sick. She didn't deserve that. So yeah, I'll gladly trash idiotic statements that stoke racial hatred.
Serves her right for being part of the great big dirty cultured Chinese takeover mission, don't you think Plugger35

Google is your friend. The phone is made in Vietnam, but the battery is made in China. And the camera in Japan if you’re keeping track. As I said, it’s complicated.

Google is not your friend or are you lying? Show me your source of manufacturing location.

Hopefully we don't see more ignorant posting but I doubt it.

Good for you. I wholeheartedly believe that consumer spending is our greatest voice and was vehemently opposed to Scott Morrison wanting to legislate against consumer boycott campaigns. I've also stated more than once in this thread that one positive that could come out of this crisis would be a decentralisation of supply chains that I hope would put an end to China's belt and road endeavours. Perhaps you can play a role in that. I would be pleased if you could. Not sure simply boycotting Made in China consumer products will do the trick though.

I watched your video, but what's to refute? What 3 points did she make? That the DG, who has a PhD in preventative health, was the first African appointee to the position (he was one of 3 candidates preselected by the WHO). And? That China supported his appointment (and AID many agencies btw), along with a majority of nations who voted for him (133 votes out of 186). And that Xi's wife is an ambassador appointed under the previous DG, that the presenter at least concedes is proof of nothing. Aside from these facts that speak to nothing at all, there is only inference.

You ignore the most important point. Why?

The previous Director General made China "look bad" with putting a unprecedented travel ban on the original SARS.

This Director General not only said it's wrong to put a travel ban on China on this second SARS virus bit he was funded by Xi Jingping knowingly that Ghebreyesus had previously had form in covering up a pandemic. Perfect candidate for the CCP.

Surprisingly but none less respectful you recognise how dangerous China's belt road initiative is. That said it will be difficult it won't go ahead particularly when Italy was denied help from the UE were it needed. If Italy and other countries leave the UE they make seek China for leverage. I'm of the opinion they could still look elsewhere.

More Lies & Cover-ups From The Chinese Communist Party
(And the CCP's allies in Australia etc. are supporting their actions, even though they are fully aware the CCP is lying).

1. "British PM Boris Johnson's government is furious with Beijing for spreading disinformation about the coronavirus, including that American soldiers may have introduced it into China...There is a disgusting disinformation campaign going on...They (the Chinese government) know they got this badly wrong, and rather than owning it, they are spreading lies...The report also said scientists have told Johnson that they believe Beijing is downplaying the number of cases on the country by a factor of 15-40 (times (my emphasis)".

2. Chinese Communist Party is launching a well-coordinated international propaganda campaign "...by...injecting doubt into the origins of the coronavirus through this question,, Beijing hopes to escape blame for its initial cover-up in December & January, which cost the world precious time to rally resources, & create a potentially successful containment strategy. Beijing first began...its claim that the coronavirus may have origins outside China in late February".

"Yet (CCP's) Geng went further, adding the new wrinkle that the United States is expelling journalists to hinder the outside worlld from getting information on the US epidemic situation...(CCP) state media launced another convenient explanation for the coronavirus: maybe it originated in Italy (all my emphases)".

Last edited:
More Lies & Cover-Ups From The Chinese Communist Party
(And CCP allies in Australia & other democratic countries are supporting their actions, although they know the CCP is lying).

"It wasn't until data started coming out of Italy & Spain that public health officials realised the problem (ie how contagious & deadly covid-19 was- my words) would be far bigger than anyone expected...In other words, had Beijing reported the true size of the outbreak there, public-health experts would've been sounding much louder the alarms at the start- and the rest of the world would have begun making much greater preparations, sooner".

"A Radio Free Asia analysis (of the amount of cremation urns being handed to families and/or delivered to a minimum of 7 Wuhan Funeral Homes- my words)...found Wuhan's death toll of 2,535 maybe understated by a factor of 20"... (The CCP was)"...fostering lies about the virus not not being transmissible person to person".

"Also telling was how China refused to let a full WHO team- or any experts from the US Centers For Disease Control- inspect the situation on the ground in the epedemic's early days...Note how it recently began expelling reporters from a host of US media institutions (all my emphases)".

I would have thought that China quarantining Wuhan and building a 1000 bed hospital, both started on the 23rd of January, would have been a fair warning that the virus was serious.

There are reports that US Intelligence had briefed the President about the threat of a pandemic in late January.

They (CCP) may have downplayed the numbers, prevaricated etc but to suggest that the Italian numbers were the first warning of the seriousness of the virus is hard to believe. It sounds like a bit of revisionism to cover for the US's feeble response through February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back