Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whistle blowers in China tend to end up in "re-education" camps so not that surprising they keep quiet really. I would in their situation.

I wouldn't say they have perfected it but they are world class that's for sure.

Yes America have screwed the pooch in their response but lets be clear this virus would not have become the global pandemic it is now if the CCP hadn't tried to cover it up initially / lied to the greater world about its human to human transmit-ability.

The CCP is a criminal syndicate masquerading as a government, that is becoming clearer and clearer every day.

Yes Id be really screwed without your daily reminders

I don't want to go down the rabbit hole of saying that infected people were "sent" to Italy and tha US. People in China do business and have holidays as well.

Milan fashion industries have a lot of their production in Wuhan, apparently, so there could have been people going both ways spreading the virus. Plus Milan, Venice and Florence are tourist hot spots.

Even after the travel ban from China, some 250,000 people from China flew to the US. So while the ban applied to Chinese nationals, it didn't apply to US nationals in China. Any one if these people could have had the virus. We saw the s**t show at the airports just after when thousands of people were packed in together waiting to be screened.

That doesn't refute what I'm saying in isolation. It actually doesn't refute it on the whole either and all you have added is just another layer to it. You can go down that rabbit whole if you like but the outbreak started in Wuhan and nearly all cases initially transmitted would've been from there.

That doesn't refute what I'm saying in isolation. It actually doesn't refute it on the whole either and all you have added is just another layer to it. You can go down that rabbit whole if you like but the outbreak started in Wuhan and nearly all cases initially transmitted would've been from there.
It's not up for debate that the virus started in Wuhan.

You said that people were "sent" to Italy and the US. I take that as you suggesting it was spread deliberately. That's the rabbit hole I'm avoiding.

I'm just pointing out that there are legitimate reasons why Chinese would travel and not discounting the idea that the virus may have been picked up in China by someone from Italy or the US. Occam's razor and all that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article on Spanish Flu in Oz. Some notable points:
- risks of lifting SDs early.
- 1/3 of deaths were young adults.
- Aboriginal community devastation.
- 40 % of the population got the flu.
- Federal government plan to barricade infected states from other states was botched.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What does everyone think of Malthouses suggestion to can Rd 1 and re start the season fresh given the likelihood of a 11-15 week gap.
I can see his point and this was part the reason I was against playing Rd 1 to begin with given it was inevitable a shutdown was weeks if not days again. And the whole composition of the season has changed
Bias aside I wouldn't care but teams went into Rd 1 knowing the wins counted so should stay imo

You said that people were "sent" to Italy and the US. I take that as you suggesting it was spread deliberately. That's the rabbit hole I'm avoiding.

I'm just pointing out that there are legitimate reasons why Chinese would travel and not discounting the idea that the virus may have been picked up in China by someone from Italy or the US. Occam's razor and all that.
Is it true that while international travel was not stopped, domestic was?

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well eradication isn’t possible so say goodbye to footy until a vaccine arrives. What happens if there is never a safe and effective vaccine for humans? Well let’s stop living life hey? No footy for years!
I meant zero new cases

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

What does everyone think of Malthouses suggestion to can Rd 1 and re start the season fresh given the likelihood of a 11-15 week gap.
I can see his point and this was part the reason I was against playing Rd 1 to begin with given it was inevitable a shutdown was weeks if not days again. And the whole composition of the season has changed
Bias aside I wouldn't care but teams went into Rd 1 knowing the wins counted so should stay imo
I think it has to stand. Teams that won in rd1 would be pissed off.

Just count it.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Of course they didn't send people deliberately. I don't think you really believe I think that. But it was detected as early as December, so from then up until 31st of January when Italy and the US closed it's borders even with a general infection rate of .2 or .3 percent would've meant 20-30 infections imported.

My "speculations" mathematical analysis and modelling > then CCP reported numbers. Fact.

No mate. What you said is just speculation. The fact is no country had ever locked down a city like the CCP did with Wuhan. It went against WHO recommendation and was genuinely unprecedented. It's fine that you want to knock the government for the mistakes they did make, but that you can't give credit for what they did right and scramble to attribute it to something/someone else, is just a sign of distorted perception.

Malthouse lost the plot 9.5 years ago.

So is AFL restarting on 28th May like the NRL is? They got an ok'ing letter from the NSW Police Commissioner so looks like it's ok to play in NSW so everyone up to Sydney to play the games from 28th May :)

Gotta love complacency in Australia. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back