Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stage 4 in Victoria incoming by the weekend is the rumour. Tools down boys she's ****ed

One of the best articles I've read re: the ridiculous blaming and name calling by intellectual lightweights. And in the Fin Review of all places...

Didn't know the authoritarian name calling was actually from a member of Parliament and that the Opposition Leader made those remarks.

Schrodinger's government is appropriate - simultaneously too tough and too soft in its handling of the crisis.

Of course the protests are a big reason for this outbreak. Tens of thousands of people gathered ignoring social distancing.

blm.jpg
It only takes one individual to have the virus to be in amongst that 'crowd' to be deemed a dumb thing to take place. Even from where I'm sitting two states away I could see it was not a smart thing to be involved with. If anyone thinks otherwise they are simply in denial!

The AFL hasn't been proactive at any point this season. NSW is gone and given the number of VIC licence plates that have been in QLD the last fortnight it's only a matter of time before cases show up in QLD.

The AFL should be planning hubs in WA, SA and NT.

News reports saying AFL will be based in QLD rest of the year.

Integrity of the comp is now at question IMO. Cant have QLD teams having non stop home games.

Does the AFL stick to its statement about only keeping the season alive if they can do so with integrity maintained? Or does $$$$ win out?
Ps: its not just this year compromised. All likelihood that next year will be exactly the same. And no guarantee the following year either, with a vaccine still min 1 year away, but maybe up to 2-3. The AFL just has to find a way to get games and seasons in until this whole shitfest is over.

It only takes one individual to have the virus to be in amongst that 'crowd' to be deemed a dumb thing to take place. Even from where I'm sitting two states away I could see it was not a smart thing to be involved with. If anyone thinks otherwise they are simply in denial!
Who has suggested it was a smart thing to do (in the last few pages)? It was a dumb risky move. But there is no evidence that the current outbreak was caused by it.
As someone living here, people already had a “* the rules” attitude prior to it.
when you have to close national parks and bush walks because people ignore rules, you know people are doing the wrong thing

Who has suggested it was a smart thing to do (in the last few pages)? It was a dumb risky move. But there is no evidence that the current outbreak was caused by it.
As someone living here, people already had a “fu** the rules” attitude prior to it.
when you have to close national parks and bush walks because people ignore rules, you know people are doing the wrong thing
I'm not saying anyone on this forum is suggesting it was a good move. I'm suggesting those that were present at it obviously saw it as a good idea....when clearly it wasnt!

I'm not saying anyone on this forum is suggesting it was a good move. I'm suggesting those that were present at it obviously saw it as a good idea....when clearly it wasnt!
Yeah. Like a lot of people at the time, they didn’t give a s**t for the rules. They felt they were able to flout them for whatever reason.

I’m more worried about stuff like the 30% of people heading in to chadstone straight after being tested (assuming it wasn’t just a chadatone thing). And the state govs handling of hotels, security and lockdowns in general

even the assistance for businesses closing this time seems poor. Just seem to be told to wait for the 23rd

News reports saying AFL will be based in QLD rest of the year.

Integrity of the comp is now at question IMO. Cant have QLD teams having non stop home games.

Does the AFL stick to its statement about only keeping the season alive if they can do so with integrity maintained? Or does $$$$ win out?
The Vic clubs will be based in QLD but I haven't read anywhere that all games will be played there. They will likely rotate games between there, SA and WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Like a lot of people at the time, they didn’t give a sh*t for the rules. They felt they were able to flout them for whatever reason.

I’m more worried about stuff like the 30% of people heading in to chadstone straight after being tested (assuming it wasn’t just a chadatone thing). And the state govs handling of hotels, security and lockdowns in general

even the assistance for businesses closing this time seems poor. Just seem to be told to wait for the 23rd
It seems like its getting pretty messy down there as this flare up (or second wave) is more intense and scattered

As someone living here, people already had a “fu** the rules” attitude prior to it.
My working theory is that it wasn't the 10K at BLM protests themselves which was the problem, it was the message the Vic Govt sent in authorising the protest marches. Made the average punter watching think "well, if they're allowed to do it, surely it can't hurt for me to have a few friends over for a BBQ".

The tens of thousands of people standing shoulder to shoulder could never have spread the virus.....

Why can't we have tens of thousands of people at the footy if tens of thousands of people at the BLM protest doesn't spread the virus?
I mean you could’ve gone through and read the discussion on this that already occurred... probably would’ve saved you inventing things that no one said

My working theory is that it wasn't the 10K at BLM protests themselves which was the problem, it was the message the Vic Govt sent in authorising the protest marches. Made the average punter watching think "well, if they're allowed to do it, surely it can't hurt for me to have a few friends over for a BBQ".
I didn’t see that start occurring after the protest though. What I saw and heard was prior.
and seemed to get worse when restrictions eased. Allowed 20 over? Ah well who cares if it’s 30.
certain bush walks closed. * it I’ll go anyway.

it didn’t help with people’s frustrations, I’ll agree with that. But I’d hardly pin people deciding to break rules, on the protest. If you broke the rules, it’s your own fault.

I mean you could’ve gone through and read the discussion on this that already occurred... probably would’ve saved you inventing things that no one said

There isn't a lot to discuss. The BLM protests fit within the timeline of unknown community transmission ramping up in Victoria.

Don't blame the government for trying to sweep this under the rug if they accused the BLM protesters of being irresponsible your career would be over tomorrow.

The people that defended the BLM protests at the time, when most rational people said they were a dumb idea during a pandemic, are now scrambling to point the blame for this 2nd wave everywhere else but at the protests. They may not be the only reason for this 2nd wave but they were one of the contributing factors.

There isn't a lot to discuss. The BLM protests fit within the timeline of unknown community transmission ramping up in Victoria.

Don't blame the government for trying to sweep this under the rug if they accused the BLM protesters of being irresponsible your career would be over tomorrow.

Plenty of other things fit within the timeline.

Like Victoria easing restrictions. Or hotel security deciding that sexual intercourse still constituted appropriate hygiene protocols. Or groups in public housing flats deciding to host parties.

Does it? Wasn’t your graph just showing cases. Not unknown actives? (I only glanced and couldn’t zoom on phone)

the point I’ve made numerous times today, is that there are many confirmed reasons to go after the state gov. Why invent unconfirmed reasons? focus on what has evidence. The current evidence doesn’t show that BLM protest caused the outbreak. If/when they have evidence that it did, go for it.

yes the protest was ******* stupid. And dangerous to the public. And they should’vedone more about it. But that doesn’t mean you can just invent evidence that doesn’t exist to make it worse.

Conspiracies don’t really compute on this. Unless sco mo is in on it. Or they’ve somehow hidden it from the feds somehow.

I’m unsure why you’d quote me, and invent something I’ve said the opposite of over and over in the last few pages.

Does it? Wasn’t your graph just showing cases. Not unknown actives? (I only glanced and couldn’t zoom on phone)

the point I’ve made numerous times today, is that there are many confirmed reasons to go after the state gov. Why invent unconfirmed reasons? focus on what has evidence. The current evidence doesn’t show that BLM protest caused the outbreak. If/when they have evidence that it did, go for it.

yes the protest was ******* stupid. And dangerous to the public. And they should’vedone more about it. But that doesn’t mean you can just invent evidence that doesn’t exist to make it worse.

Conspiracies don’t really compute on this. Unless sco mo is in on it. Or they’ve somehow hidden it from the feds somehow.

I’m unsure why you’d quote me, and invent something I’ve said the opposite of over and over in the last few pages.

Can I add that the Victorian Government issued heavy fines on BLM organisers and urged people not to go. This was consistent with most other states in the country and around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back