Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:

the disease itself has been downgraded from a real nasty pandemic mortality rate of 3.4% to a seasonal flu mortality rate of 0.25% and this was well known before any lockdowns occurred, Sweden followed a orthodox method and kept people in work and business afloat whilst also achieving herd immunity which is the history of the world, the rest of the hysterical sick west didn't - egged on by social and MSM

They have admitted they should have done more around aged facilities where about 80% of all people died, they are however not alone there.

I want you to describe how "herd immunity" works.

I want you to describe how "herd immunity" works.
After the herd gets the virus and lot die and the others recover - we are yet to know for sure if Covid-19 recoverees will have an immunity and at what level.
I had German measles twice and told the doc second time around that I thought one dose and I was immune - he said not so sunshine.

the disease itself has been downgraded from a real nasty pandemic mortality rate of 3.4% to a seasonal flu mortality rate of 0.25% and this was well known before any lockdowns occurred, Sweden followed a orthodox method and kept people in work and business afloat whilst also achieving herd immunity which is the history of the world, the rest of the hysterical sick west didn't - egged on by social and MSM

They have admitted they should have done more around aged facilities where about 80% of all people died, they are however not alone there.

But sweden still lost a lot of jobs. As well as deaths. Which would've happened here but would have also impacted industries other than hospitality and tourism which hasnt happened thanks to the lockdown

But sweden still lost a lot of jobs. As well as deaths. Which would've happened here but would have also impacted industries other than hospitality and tourism which hasnt happened thanks to the lockdown
Sweden’s had 1000 cases a day for the last three days. While ‘lockdown’ countries are recovering, Sweden is showing no signs of recovery and its economy is still tanking. Les has backed the wrong horse but can’t bring himself to admit he’s wrong.

The insanity of this is just beyond a joke, only in Victoriastan

You get what you vote for.

Its relevant to the general hysteria portrayed and built up by you and others of your ilk, it was a farce and always has been, fancy fining people doing the right thing exercising and getting out in the sun.

If the best example you can find to prove that "the insanity of this is just beyond a joke" is an article from the first week of April when this type of behaviour would've been criticised in any state in Australia you either have a very short memory of what the social views were of the situation TWO MONTHS AGO or you just don't really get it.

After the herd gets the virus and lot die and the others recover - we are yet to know for sure if Covid-19 recoverees will have an immunity and at what level.
I had German measles twice and told the doc second time around that I thought one dose and I was immune - he said not so sunshine.

I was really hoping for Les to explain it.

And it does seem that most people who had Covid19 won't get it again.
BUT....
Even the countries who have had it really badly have only half a percent of their population catch it.
Lets say their counting is wrong, maybe its a full 1% , its still not enough to give you herd immunity.

If you have Covid19 and half the population around it already had it, that can actually reduce the R0 because one of the people you'd have otherwise spread it to, has at least some factor of immunity.
But 1%?

Are we actually talking Herd immunity or are we talking about knocking off those likely to die of it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The insanity of this is just beyond a joke, only in Victoriastan

You get what you vote for.

tenor.gif

I know, right. We don’t have racial injustice in this country. Hell, do we even have black people?
Then why didn't they protest about it earlier? Or even wait a month?

We're in the middle of the pandemic. A virus doesn't care about your feeling of inequality or human rights.

These people are dumb.

We're in the middle of the pandemic. A virus doesn't care about your feeling of inequality or human rights.

These people are dumb.

There's a lot more momentum behind the movement given everywhere in the world is talking about it. More likely to get change.

These people are dumb.
They’ve been protesting for decades. People just haven’t been listening. But look, now there’s potential consequences for white people, we can’t turn away. They are taking advantage of a global opportunity for change, if we had listened earlier, then they wouldn’t need to protest in the middle of a pandemic. And once the pandemic is over, we would have found another reason not to listen. Don’t blame them for our lack of action.

You can blame the NSW government for the scale of it as well. Obviously haven’t heard of the Barbra Streisand effect. The second they tried to ban it after previously allowing anti lockdown protests, they guaranteed greater attendance. And in the same week an officer smashed an Aboriginal into the pavement face first, the Police Commissioner tried to pass it off as him having ‘a bad day’ and the Police Minister tried to equate the teen’s verbal abuse with officer’s physical abuse. If only those three had bothered to attend.

They’ve been protesting for decades. People just haven’t been listening. But look, now there’s potential consequences for white people, we can’t turn away. They are taking advantage of a global opportunity for change, if we had listened earlier, then they wouldn’t need to protest in the middle of a pandemic. And once the pandemic is over, we would have found another reason not to listen. Don’t blame them for our lack of action.

You can blame the NSW government for the scale of it as well. Obviously haven’t heard of the Barbra Streisand effect. The second they tried to ban it after previously allowing anti lockdown protests, they guaranteed greater attendance. And in the same week an officer smashed an Aboriginal into the pavement face first, the Police Commissioner tried to pass it off as him having ‘a bad day’ and the Police Minister tried to equate the teen’s verbal abuse with officer’s physical abuse. If only those three had bothered to attend.

someone could walk out to the protestors and say righto lets fix it what do you want and doubt they could even answer, this wasnt important today, and sure its racist and ignorant to think the protest was a waste of time no doubt..... somehow

either covid rules apply or they dont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back