Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
Season done if so.
Haha you sure do love an alarmist post when it comes to this! The whole reason for the protocols in place by the AFL are to minimize who they come into contact with. Essendon have only played one team as well and unless any of those players have tested positive too it will be fine. Season will either be suspended for 2 weeks or it will continue as normal.

Yes and didn’t even play last week, this sounds like a non issue if that’s the player.
Probably means tomorrow’s game doesn’t go ahead, but yeah season might be saved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha you sure do love an alarmist post when it comes to this! The whole reason for the protocols in place by the AFL are to minimize who they come into contact with. Essendon have only played one team as well and unless any of those players have tested positive too it will be fine. Season will either be suspended for 2 weeks or it will continue as normal.

The AFL itself doesn't have much of a window to delay things much more and Conor McKenna (if it was him) would have been doing contact training with the rest of his squad.

I hope the AFL continues but a positive test in a player is a bitter setback.

The AFL itself doesn't have much of a window to delay things much more and Conor McKenna (if it was him) would have been doing contact training with the rest of his squad.

I hope the AFL continues but a positive test in a player is a bitter setback.
It will either mean Essendon’s games are temporarily suspended or the whole comp goes on a 2 week break, the season is going nowhere.

Assuming it is Connor McKenna then you'd figure Essendon can't play tomorrow. Since he didn't play last week though, you'd think other matches can continue.

Season done if so.
McKenna didn't play against the Swans so I doubt it. It means that tomorrow's game against Melbourne and next week's game against Carlton won't go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back