Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
Les bangs on about the "flu-like fatality rate" but, even if the real fatality rate is lower than reported, he's ignoring the many survivors who have been hospitalised are suffering from ongoing circulatory, respiratory, neurological and/or renal issues. Not too dissimilar in to viruses like polio have long-lasting effects to its survivors.

AFL said all teams returning no matter what at completion of round 9 which will still be inside the 6 week prison sentence, expect byes in August until it's over.

Expect that to change, you think other states are just going to let then go back even after the vic lockdown...

The only ‘fit’ player that I know 100% stayed behind is Bachar Houli (with a recent new born). I believe that it’s been confirmed that Shane Edwards also stayed behind (wife is heavily pregnant).

Haven’t heard of anyone else yet from any of the clubs. I know that multiple clubs did kept fringe players in Melbourne to train (not that they will be able to do much of that now)
I assume those injured players from the weekend, that has to have surgery; stayed behind? Prestia, Nank with the syndesmosis injuries.

Don't blame Covid. Blame the people who didn't help to stop the spread of the virus by following simple guidelines. Other states are pretty much back to normal because the citizens did the right thing.

People are people - it's not like Victorians are complete pricks and other Aussies are considerate.

I think what we did have over here that worked for us was harsh punitive measures early.
Word got out that you were looking at jail time for quarantining breachea and huuuge fines for other breaches, with houses, businesses actually being checked up on.
And many ppl were forced into quarantine on Rottnest island to ensure the quarantine.

Did ppl do the wrong thing here too? No doubt but I'm sure the dickhead factor was a lot less when you actually heard reports of ppl actually receiving large fines and doing jail time ect

Victoria is in a world of pain. If AFL teams return here, season is finished . My guess is AFL worked out they made enough money to stay alive for 2021 by completing 9 rounds of footy
Interesting given we are 6 weeks in and players were to return after week 4. Basically you're right come back then season is gone. Also no telling what other states do with quarentine border closures. 16 weeks left. Season gets finished in hubs. With only 32 in some cases factor injuries it is possible some teams legit run out of players

AFL said all teams returning no matter what at completion of round 9 which will still be inside the 6 week prison sentence, expect byes in August until it's over.
For single players/no family kids why would you want to return? Hub up in 5 star luxury vs lockdown. Not like you can see extended family or friends in return

Victoria is in a world of pain. If AFL teams return here, season is finished . My guess is AFL worked out they made enough money to stay alive for 2021 by completing 9 rounds of footy

nah Dan has gone for the 6 week lock down so he doesn’t have to extend it. They will get this under control in 4 weeks, isolate and look to end the lock down early. Claim victory and change the narrative

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nah Dan has gone for the 6 week lock down so he doesn’t have to extend it. They will get this under control in 4 weeks, isolate and look to end the lock down early. Claim victory and change the narrative
I think you are being very optimistic.

I can't see other states opening borders to Vic until there are no local transmissions for 4 to 6 weeks. That's on top of the 6 week lock down.

Every other state will be spooked now. Victoria is on its own.

they will get enough willing players to complete the season in any form. Will be a huge boost in NRL heartland

For single players/no family kids why would you want to return? Hub up in 5 star luxury vs lockdown. Not like you can see extended family or friends in return

From the pics i've seen of Ports off time in Qld - there are far more worse things to be doing..... and it's warm. Cold as a bastard here at the minute.

Geelong is OK isn't it, could set up a hub down there for some clubs.

At this stage Geelong isn't under lockdown, so yes technically you are correct. Surely the AFL makes the Vic clubs hub for at LEAST the length of the Melbourne lockdown. Fremantle etc have been there for 6 weeks now, why can't the Vic teams do the same length of time?

I think you are being very optimistic.

I can't see other states opening borders to Vic until there are no local transmissions for 4 to 6 weeks. That's on top of the 6 week lock down.

Every other state will be spooked now. Victoria is on its own.

Will have a vaccine within 5 months. Don’t worry

Why would WA just pick up the batton Victoria has dropped and just run with it no questions asked ?
There needs to be some degree of control and accountability with returning overseas travelers.
Anyway WA via the McGowan state government has set a limit of 75 per day returned os travelers per day and the Federal government has agreed to it.So some social distancing on planes less chance of passengers infecting each other while in transit as has been happening ,no strain on hotel quaranteen security.

Wow, something Scomo actually has to fix himself? dont hold your breath

Faaaark you spruik some sh*t les.

I see you arent banging on about sweden any more......

lol, coming from a certified card carrying member of the virus cult, you comments are weird, anyone can see Sweden is fine, non lockdown and no apocalypse that you so desperately desire, everything you claimed has been false.

where is the apocalypse krank ....

1594164499787.png

Not a chance. Dreaming

Want to put money on it? Within the next month successful initial human trials will be announced (they are running them now). Then it is three months to test on 200,000 people. That works then we go to production. Have faith in our scientists. They are amazing

Want to put money on it? Within the next month successful initial human trials will be announced (they are running them now). Then it is three months to test on 200,000 people. That works then we go to production. Have faith in our scientists. They are amazing

why would perfectly healthy people want a vaccine for something they can deal with or already have immunity to ?

do you get a flu injection every year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back