Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
Plenty of other things fit within the timeline.

Like Victoria easing restrictions. Or hotel security deciding that sexual intercourse still constituted appropriate hygiene protocols. Or groups in public housing flats deciding to host parties.
The quarantine sex is the big one.
Andrews weeks ago said the genome linked “numerous” cases to that
CMO said it’s conceivable that all cases came from that (or along those lines)

But somehow that means the BLM protest was the cause? I’d say if the above is the case, that’s much worse for those in charge, than if it came from the protesters

Can I add that the Victorian Government issued heavy fines on BLM organisers and urged people not to go. This was consistent with most other states in the country and around the world.
I just don’t get the logic that the government is “covering up for the protests”

it coming from Hotel quarantine is much much worse for them. So why would they cover up the protests using hotel quarantine?

why would they heavily fine the organisers if they’re “Scared” of pissing of the BLM people.

Outside looking in it seems like you're trying to do both.

This is the same Thrawn who once admonished me for saying I'd prefer to kill the spiders in my house than set them outside ffs. He's a pretty bloody progressive person
I suppose making a judgement based on someone’s words may look like that but it’s all we have as humans. If his words don’t reflect his thoughts, I’m kinda stuck.

He’s made one or two comments saying he supports the cause while going on for page after page peddling a false narrative that the protests are behind the outbreak, rejecting established facts, essentially accusing the chief health officer of either being wrong or lying, while ignoring much more significant factors. He’s still banging on about the protests while waving away the bigger causes. To so adamantly reject facts over feelings invites questions of motive.

There isn't a lot to discuss. The BLM protests fit within the timeline of unknown community transmission ramping up in Victoria.

Don't blame the government for trying to sweep this under the rug if they accused the BLM protesters of being irresponsible your career would be over tomorrow.
So, whose careers are over? Considering the fines.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

The tens of thousands of people standing shoulder to shoulder could never have spread the virus.....

Why can't we have tens of thousands of people at the footy if tens of thousands of people at the BLM protest doesn't spread the virus?

Apparently virtue signalling gives you immunity against the virus.

By far the biggest risk to community health from a transmission of Covid perspective are returned travellers. Yet we had a situation where people were being PAID to stop these people interacting with the public fraternised with them instead.

And on the other side had people who knew they were a risk, and were supposed to stay away from the rest of us but wilfully ignored that.

Furthermore we know from tracing that this has been a large contributor to the current outbreak.

There has been some silly, selfish and reckless behaviour additionally, but it pales in comparison to what happened at our hotels.

I just don’t get the logic that the government is “covering up for the protests”

it coming from Hotel quarantine is much much worse for them. So why would they cover up the protests using hotel quarantine?

why would they heavily fine the organisers if they’re “Scared” of pissing of the BLM people.
Haha 100%. If you’re in the business of covering up, blame the protesters and hide the hotel quarantine bungle.

There are just some people who desperately want it to be BLM 🙏

So, whose careers are over? Considering the fines.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you criticise BLM movement in any way you get labelled a racist and your career is often over especially if in the corporate world.

You actually don't even need to comment you get criticised for not making a positive comment or not kneeling (whatever 'taking a knee means' LOL).

Last edited:
And yet still people just ignore the rules. The selfishness of people is pissing a lot of us off.
Mate...I dont even live down there and it pisses me off too to see whats going on. Genuine selfishness and disregard for the greater good.
Mind you my family are all down there and we had bought tickets to come down next weekend...now that's not possible and i cant see my family again until who knows when!
No thanks to a number of selfish individuals. After 4 months of working at home I'm back at the office this week and I cant tell you how much I appreciate some normality despite the changes around the office with social distancing etc. Times have certainly changed!
I can appreciate this would be harder to take than the first time. I'm not sure how I'd react to a second lock down period. Feel for you guys that have done your bit to stay safe and have been mindful of those around you. I don't think we quite understand the mental health issues stemming from all this just yet.

Apparently virtue signalling gives you immunity against the virus.
Seems that way. I guess that's what they would have you believe to justify it anyway.

Whether it's the cause or not, it should never have happened given the current climate. Epic fail really.

Seems that way. I guess that's what they would have you believe to justify it anyway.

Whether it's the cause or not, it should never have happened given the current climate. Epic fail really.

I think the scabs getting paid cash in hand to secure our quarantine zones (idiotically placed in one of the densely populated areas in Australia), the 'family clusters' (we all know what that is a euphemism for), AND the BLM protests are to blame for this outbreak. Not to mention people refusing to do the right thing in everyday life.

So considering 7 games is apparently the magic number, if QLD, SA and WA teams don't leave their states again for the rest of the season. 11 home games in a row, if they don't all finish top 6 then obviously they are garbage. Even more so for whoever hosts the GF if they don't make & win it.

Mate...I dont even live down there and it pisses me off too to see whats going on. Genuine selfishness and disregard for the greater good.
Mind you my family are all down there and we had bought tickets to come down next weekend...now that's not possible and i cant see my family again until who knows when!
No thanks to a number of selfish individuals. After 4 months of working at home I'm back at the office this week and I cant tell you how much I appreciate some normality despite the changes around the office with social distancing etc. Times have certainly changed!
I can appreciate this would be harder to take than the first time. I'm not sure how I'd react to a second lock down period. Feel for you guys that have done your bit to stay safe and have been mindful of those around you. I don't think we quite understand the mental health issues stemming from all this just yet.
Yeah we managed to see my dad a few days before this. But mum lives in Bendigo. Haven’t seen her in months

we had to shut my wife and i’s business down for last lockdown. Wife works in allied healthas part of our business but because our abn is registered under the main category of the business she can’t work. Even though her work is allowed.

same thing this time around. So watching people just blatantly not give a s**t is very frustrating. Does t help we are on the very border of “metro” and an area that gets a lot of tourism. And we are still getting all these tourists up here for the views and walks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the scabs getting paid cash in hand to secure our quarantine zones (idiotically placed in one of the densely populated areas in Australia), the 'family clusters' (we all know what that is a euphemism for), AND the BLM protests are to blame for this outbreak. Not to mention people refusing to do the right thing in everyday life.
Sorry. What are family clusters “euphamism” for?

I suppose making a judgement based on someone’s words may look like that but it’s all we have as humans. If his words don’t reflect his thoughts, I’m kinda stuck.

He’s made one or two comments saying he supports the cause while going on for page after page peddling a false narrative that the protests are behind the outbreak, rejecting established facts, essentially accusing the chief health officer of either being wrong or lying, while ignoring much more significant factors. He’s still banging on about the protests while waving away the bigger causes. To so adamantly reject facts over feelings invites questions of motive.
Nah, you're definitely doing more thought projection than reading. I never said the protesters were wholly to blame. Nor that Sutton is lying. You're completely making things up. Sounds like you're pulling the false narrative here... all the way back in post # 6,903 I explicitly said they're not entirely at fault. Funny how things like that are omitted when you post this kind of absolute garbage! If you want to try and claim "motives", then actually come up with some factual information first.

I'm also not ignoring other factors, as I had mentioned them already (like saying opening too early was one of the reasons, and the fact the virus has mutated to become six times more infectious). You are so full of s**t. Really over people like you who only read a few posts, or skim through them... while jumping in and making unfounded assertions. Also, the protesters thing was over a few pages ago, at least my contribution - so that's yet another false claim from you. If you wanna talk about banging things, bang some sense into your statements.

What are these "established facts" am I rejecting again? I'm not rejecting the fact that there are established outbreaks in other areas. Please don't be as much as a douche as your avatar who practically ruined the Star Wars saga. Not everything needs to have some sort mysterious motive behind it, you just came in guns blazing assuming my thought process is this and that. Probably even didn't read everything I posted. Nah. It's far more easier making stuff up outta thin air, isn't it?

Last edited:
Yeah we managed to see my dad a few days before this. But mum lives in Bendigo. Haven’t seen her in months

we had to shut my wife and i’s business down for last lockdown. Wife works in allied healthas part of our business but because our abn is registered under the main category of the business she can’t work. Even though her work is allowed.

same thing this time around. So watching people just blatantly not give a sh*t is very frustrating. Does t help we are on the very border of “metro” and an area that gets a lot of tourism. And we are still getting all these tourists up here for the views and walks.
That would frustrate the crap out of me!!! Hope t all comes back for you sooner than later! All you can do is make sure you and your family are as safe as possible...

That would frustrate the crap out of me!!! Hope t all comes back for you sooner than later! All you can do is make sure you and your family are as safe as possible...
Yeah it’s frustrating. Work in a health industry. Can’t open
But the hairdresser down the road can have people in for 3 hours for a cut and colour.
The rules were obviously all made on the fly but some just don’t make sense.

Can I add that the Victorian Government issued heavy fines on BLM organisers and urged people not to go. This was consistent with most other states in the country and around the world.
The Andrews govt didn't ban them though, as was done in other States. A ban and threats of fines and arrests might have deterred a lot of people from attending.

The Andrews govt didn't ban them though, as was done in other States. A ban and threats of fines and arrests might have deterred a lot of people from attending.
Wasn’t NSW the only state to attempt a ban?
And they still had “tens of thousands” rock up.

NSW tried harder to stop it and still pretty much ended up with a crowd the same size

By far the biggest risk to community health from a transmission of Covid perspective are returned travellers. Yet we had a situation where people were being PAID to stop these people interacting with the public fraternised with them instead.

And on the other side had people who knew they were a risk, and were supposed to stay away from the rest of us but wilfully ignored that.

Furthermore we know from tracing that this has been a large contributor to the current outbreak.

There has been some silly, selfish and reckless behaviour additionally, but it pales in comparison to what happened at our hotels.
I've had to tell a few security people in my workplace what their job was and these were hired security guards.
Nothing surprises me in what happened after seeing how mediocre they are to details and attention for their own job. It seems to be based on culture in how these people are employed.

To realise the state government hired same type of people for something so important it is beyond ******* stupid.
I truly do not think the average person realise how ******* stupid a lot of our politicians are.

I've had to tell a few security people in my workplace what their job was and these were hired security guards.
Nothing surprises me in what happened after seeing how mediocre they are to details and attention for their own job. It seems to be based on culture in how these people are employed.

To realise the state government hired same type of people for something so important it is beyond ******* stupid.
I truly do not think the average person realise how ******* stupid a lot of our politicians are.
Yeah hearing stories about a client who worked at Melbourne park for events and the guards there
Had guards just wander off. Some disappeared from their posts for over an hour and didn’t respond to radio calls. Some just let people walk into restricted areas.

Wasn’t NSW the only state to attempt a ban?
And they still had “tens of thousands” rock up.

NSW tried harder to stop it and still pretty much ended up with a crowd the same size
Maybe, not entirely sure. But at least by the Govt giving a firm "this isn't allowed" message, the rest of the population might not be tempted to think "it's OK the Govt has approved the protest march, so no harm in our group of friends not socially distancing ".

Maybe, not entirely sure. But at least by the Govt giving a firm "this isn't allowed" message, the rest of the population might not be tempted to think "it's OK the Govt has approved the protest march, so no harm in our group of friends not socially distancing ".
But they still had the same amount of people ignoring the rules and going to the protest? They went to court to stop it. And then it got overturned

I’d say a court ruling the event was allowed should’ve had a worse result than the government heavily fining the people who organised the event. A court ruling the protest was allowed gives a much clearer message of no harm than heavy fines.

But they still had the same amount of people ignoring the rules and going to the protest? They went to court to stop it. And then it got overturned

I’d say a court ruling the event was allowed should’ve had a worse result than the government heavily fining the people who organised the event. A court ruling the protest was allowed gives a much clearer message of no harm than heavy fines.
True. I had forgotten about the court injunction. Well played by the Judiciary 😐

Yeah hearing stories about a client who worked at Melbourne park for events and the guards there
Had guards just wander off. Some disappeared from their posts for over an hour and didn’t respond to radio calls. Some just let people walk into restricted areas.
Yep, sounds the same types. It seems rampant in these hired security guards. Most of them from overseas backgrounds and the culture seems to be turn up to where you are posted and finish your shift but the details of job between that job do not seem super important to them. Which is mind boggling as the title of their role should tell you 99% of where your attention should be during your shift in security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back