Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. (Thread part 1 - cont in part 2, link in thread)

Has the coronavirus outbreak made you reconsider attending the footy

• Yes

Votes: 285 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 350 55.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not where I am. It's like nothing is even happening. Yes some places are slowing down, but did you not see Bondi yesterday?

Ok, well the stimulus for small business must have been implemented because of falsehoods?

Bondi is one of Australia’s top tourist attractions, there will always be people there. If the mass spread of the virus is to be believed then we will expect to see a spike in Covid19 cases in eastern suburbs of Sydney next week.

Add there is still over 30,000 Australians come in from overseas everyday who have been told to self isolate. What a joke our government is.

And that's probably the number of people carrying in corridors in Victoria alone. Will see that number in 2-4 weeks.
What should we do with those people? Abandon them overseas? Dump our problem onto another country to deal with? Lock them up?

The rule is 1.5m (which is about the span of one elbow to the end of the other arm) and this doesn't pertain to non-static gatherings.

Stop spreading misinformation.
Go eat a BOD.

Haha, you expect the mortality rate of this disease to suddenly buck the trend with the rest of the world and drop even LOWER than 0.7%?

These are the facts:

20/3/20 - +167 = +23.52%
19/3/20 - +142 = +25.00%
18/3/20 - +116 = +25.83%
17/3/20 - +77 = +20.37%
16/3/20 - +77 = +25.75%
15/3/20 - +49 = +19.60%
14/3/20 - +42 = +20.10%

That's an average of +22.88% at the moment.

We don't have a social lockdown.
We don't have stringent social rules as demonstrated with most of society flaunting them.

You can check back with me next Saturday when we have 4,500 confirmed cases.

Which means around 1,450,000 by Anzac Day.

You are brilliant with data and %.. what % of cases require ICU? Please respond

True to form, as per all nut jobs you use global data that entails highly dense populations, poorer health systems, higher percentage of smokers, older populations and slower moving governments.

The only data we should be measuring is our own, that is relevant to our geographical and social relevance.

don’t we have enough cases to now refrain from global numbers? We now have enough of a case to understand our own unique landscape for how the virus spreads and effects our country?
Was simply a reply to the poster who posted the world data showing only 5% of cases as critical. Do you want to attack him doing the same??

Yet doctors in Italy have never seen anything like this during their professional careers. And you shrug your shoulders and say meh, the healthcare system is under strain anyway? Ridiculous.

You were the same guy advocating for the "herd immunity" nonsense the UK government was considering until that was rightly shot down as a bad idea. It will be fine... no, it's not fine. It'll get worse... US is already on its way to Italy's numbers, but they will be worse of due to greater incompetence and a s**t healthcare system.

I just look at the hysteria and simply say, relax. I’m not dismissing the cost of the virus but equally I don’t support action that is only effective in being seen doing something

Just take a look at all the other deadly flu strains in the past to see how this will play out. Including becoming a permanent fixture going forward

Not where I am. It's like nothing is even happening. Yes some places are slowing down, but did you not see Bondi yesterday?
Terrible wasn’t it. Out of interest where are you? I had to get my dog groomed yesterday before the lockdown and it was an absolute ghost town. High st in Preston would have been 10% of normal foot traffic, actually probably less.

So how many are in ICU at the moment? On current factual data we can expect 99.5% of cases to not warrant ICU admission, where does that leave our healthcare system? What % of cases would you like to see to make factual the hypothesis of 10,000 deaths by Anzac Day?

You’re FOS

0.5% requiring ICU doesn't line up with a 0.7% mortality rate, or are you expecting people to just drop dead without care like is happening in Italy?

Even if 99.5% don't require ICU, that still leaves 7,500 peeple requiring ICU care in thr next 5 weeks, which is well beyond our health cares capabilities.

Haha, you expect the mortality rate of this disease to suddenly buck the trend with the rest of the world and drop even LOWER than 0.7%?

These are the facts:

20/3/20 - +167 = +23.52%
19/3/20 - +142 = +25.00%
18/3/20 - +116 = +25.83%
17/3/20 - +77 = +20.37%
16/3/20 - +77 = +25.75%
15/3/20 - +49 = +19.60%
14/3/20 - +42 = +20.10%

We don't have stringent social rules as demonstrated with most of society flaunting them.

Your facts are baloney because it includes cases from the rest of the world, including anomalies such as Italy.

And you keep bringing up worldwide statistics while we are talking about the past trend of Australia to now.

The fact that we even have no lockdown, and showing THESE numbers, is incredible and an even further testament to our progression being a good one.

Also, ACTIVE CASES aside (and everyone knows MILD ones will heighten and are expected) - you mentioned 10,000 deaths by Anzac Day. And I WILL check on you - not only for how irrational you are (and playing your part in the mass hysteria that is perpetuating hoarding), but also to check on your mental health.

Like I said, expect me.

No community spread is better because then nobody gets it.
Without any kind of herd immunity we will have to isolate from the rest of the world for a year or more. No one comes in and no one goes out.

The genie is out of the bottle. Flattening the curve means controlling the rate of spread, not stopping it.

Ok, well the stimulus for small business must have been implemented because of falsehoods?

Bondi is one of Australia’s top tourist attractions, there will always be people there. If the mass spread of the virus is to be believed then we will expect to see a spike in Covid19 cases in eastern suburbs of Sydney next week.

What do you consider a mass spread? 20-30% compounding cases daily?

You have naught qualifications.. Yes, you have an opinion but it means as much as mine, absolutely nothing. You’re no more important than the rest of us so quit grandstanding and play your role as a citizen and support the measures in place.

Wow you just doubled down on the whole totalitarian Kool-aid thing didn't you?

But yes, whilst I may be far, FAR from the level of Doctors and Epidemiologists (repeat, I am nowhere NEAR their level), I'd say my tertiary degrees in Medical Science and Public Health combined with regularly conversing with the actual experts in the field in my line of work make me a fraction more qualified to have an opinion on the subject on an AFL forum than some bloke who takes his polictial philosophy from "Starship Troopers".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are the facts:

20/3/20 - +167 = +23.52%
19/3/20 - +142 = +25.00%
18/3/20 - +116 = +25.83%
17/3/20 - +77 = +20.37%
16/3/20 - +77 = +25.75%
15/3/20 - +49 = +19.60%
14/3/20 - +42 = +20.10%

He won't.

Or he'll come back and say how only 40 people have died while a 100 have died of the seasonal flu since the start of the year.

COVID-19 is several degrees worse than any common strain of the flu. I'd be surprised if we see 4 consecutive rounds of AFL this year.

I just look at the hysteria and simply say, relax. I’m not dismissing the cost of the virus but equally I don’t support action that is only effective in being seen doing something

Just take a look at all the other deadly flu strains in the past to see how this will play out. Including becoming a permanent fixture going forward

I'm sure the Italians think it's hysteria too.

What do you consider a mass spread? 20-30% compounding cases daily?

We are low 20s as an average which is tracking at acceptable rates when you consider 80% of cases are imported.. The next 2-3 weeks is key.

What should we do with those people? Abandon them overseas? Dump our problem onto another country to deal with? Lock them up?

Test as many as possible, even for temprature and other symptoms. Have a portable ct-scan at the airport. Quarantine them for 2 weeks. Plenty of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back