Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. (Thread part 1 - cont in part 2, link in thread)

Has the coronavirus outbreak made you reconsider attending the footy

• Yes

Votes: 285 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 350 55.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blckcaviar

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Great, so why Can’t asians eat dog then.

is it more of a xenophobic attitude you are pushing and not your support for not eating meat in general.

OMG it's not xenophobic or racist or any of that crap. I don't think people should eat dogs. I've explained why pretty clearly.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Most people don't eat dogs normally in Thailand so it's unlikely, but there are a few people with money from certain parts of society who'd be into it. Not clmmon though.
Very popular in Bali still and restaurants will display a sign or symbol so people know that they serve dog meat. Quite tasty and have eaten it numerous times there and in China

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
I am a retired naturopath with 70+ years of life force training. People should expose themselves to the Corona Virus before Winter so they can lessen the risk of catching a combined Flu + Corona Virus super bug.
Or, you know, just get a fluvax as soon as it's available. And hopefully not get Corona virus before there's a vaccine for that.

I'm glad there is an organisation that shut down these dog markets for human consumption what some of these Asian countries need to learn is hygiene and not everything that has four legs is eatable.
It's not only that, it's how the animals are slaughtered. Dogs, cats, bats, rats, etc are boiled and skinned alive because their belief is that it's more beneficial to their bodies if the animal was in great pain.

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
OMG it's not xenophobic or racist or any of that crap. I don't think people should eat dogs. I've explained why pretty clearly.
I think you are looking at this issue through your Western eyes and cant see the hypocrisy of accepting others who eat cows etc but cannot accept those who eat dogs.
It is a matter of perspective , the environment you were raised and you need to appreciate your way is not always the right way or the only way. It is just the way you were raised.

WTF is he talking about with this scaling response s**t?
They figure they'll introduce the measures gradually. "This will continue to scale up" he said. So in other words... schools and uni's WILL be closed... but only after we've reached 1000 cases! It's lunacy.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Scomo could actually do a good job and it wouldn’t matter to you lot, you’d still pile on because he walks funny or said something you don’t agree with. Like children in a school yard

Spot on, his press conference is concise and measured... People are sheeple losers, the same people who will put their handout and take his stimulus and go straight to the pub. Humans are nothing but spineless swine scum.

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
Spot on, his press conference is concise and measured... People are sheeple losers, the same people who will put their handout and take his stimulus and go straight to the pub. Humans are nothing but spineless swine scum.

Yeah very measured; public gatherings are dangerous on Monday but not the weekend. Good to know the virus has a couple of days off, it deserves it.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I think you are looking at this issue through your Western eyes and cant see the hypocrisy of accepting others who eat cows etc but cannot accept those who eat dogs.
It is a matter of perspective , the environment you were raised and you need to appreciate your way is not always the right way or the only way. It is just the way you were raised.
Mate, would you be happy if we skinned/cooked cows alive because causing as much pain to the animal as possible before death was 'beneficial' for our consumption?

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Scomo could actually do a good job and it wouldn’t matter to you lot, you’d still pile on because he walks funny or said something you don’t agree with. Like children in a school yard

Scott Morrison is incapable of doing a good job as national leader. He has neither the talent or inclination.

blckcaviar

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
It's not only that, it's how the animals are slaughtered. Dogs, cats, bats, rats, etc are boiled and skinned alive because their belief is that it's more beneficial to their bodies if the animal was in great pain.

Exactly. People supporting this shite are sad

Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Six decades of domination
Can you read or... ? Do I need to quote my posts back to you? Maybe try reading my posts and understanding my points before you argue with me

Your point on not eating dogs is they are a 'companion animal' with puppy dog eyes and man's best friend. Seems very emotive.

I share your sentiment RE: cruelty (and no animal should be subject to cruelty) but you are arguing from a point of emotion and not logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back