Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. (Thread part 1 - cont in part 2, link in thread)

Has the coronavirus outbreak made you reconsider attending the footy

• Yes

Votes: 285 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 350 55.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem the strain of Coronavirus in Australia is not particularly troublesome. Lots of people reporting the symptoms to be very mild and in rare cases giving them performance gains.
Yep they believe 2 strains and it seems touch wood the lower one is here...

Dr Higgins in his 70s working
Dutton said he feels fine
A young lady went to work 2
Shifts at coles..

Some small good news

They are hoping the Gov forces them to do it so they are not held liable for fans not be able to attend
They have no games to cancel until next Thursday. The nba as good as it was played games WHILE they had suspended the season. The afl is allowed to wait a few days before making a call as they aren’t risking anyone in doing so.

Gil and Co. decided earlier in the week that round 1 will carry on as planned, just without the crowd. Don’t get the delay in announcing.
Well that plan of action is obviously not set in stone, they'll play it by ear if I was betting man reckon they will suspend the season and possibly end up cancelling it

Yeah its like when they banned cream during WW2, didn't achieve anything but they had to feel they were doing something.
Makes no difference if the virus is spread by people doing necessary things or unnecessary things.
Is there any evidence that the timing is right for us to introduce these sorts of measures , or are we prematurely ejaculating?
Why wait? Better to be proactive to limit the damage I would’ve thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the season gets cancelled I wonder which players have we seen for the last time that would retire

Burgoyne?
simpson and Ablett I imagine were going into this year as their final year
Buddy?
Mundy?

The season is going to happen. How it happens I don't know yet, but it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back