Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn’t be surprised if it spreads into QLD given the amount of irresponsible people who have been refusing to isolate and travelling from Victoria to both QLD and NSW.

I also suspect the AFL season may turn into a farce - that’s right it has - with 20 days of footy.

Closing the supermarkets won't stop the people who already got it in the Aged Care system from dying. Probably still hundreds coming up.

Perhaps its not that he's being controlling, its that he gets anal about controlling the wrong things , while he lets other things slide.

Lazy approach to meat works outbreak. Lazy approach to Hotel Security.
****WTF ....SOMEONE IS ENJOYING WALKING ON THE BEACH *****

This is my no 1 gripe with him throughout this pandemic.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it spreads into QLD given the amount of irresponsible people who have been refusing to isolate and travelling from Victoria to both QLD and NSW.

I also suspect the AFL season may turn into a farce - that’s right it has - with 20 days of footy.
If it hits QLD then I think the season is done.

An 8 week break after round 1, fixtures made up on the fly, a bunch of teams restarting in hubs and then 60% of the league in hotels away from their state for the remaining 3-4 months of the year wasnt farcical already for you?

Probably, especially given the AFL’s reluctance to seriously consider WA and SA as final hubs.
If QLD hits trouble, SA may be as well with today's new cases, all it takes is one as we've seen with NSW. WA could very well be the last option to finish the season. The question is, is there anywhere else to play besides Optus now that Subi has been demolished? WACA? Suburban grounds?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If QLD hits trouble, SA may be as well with today's new cases, all it takes is one as we've seen with NSW. WA could very well be the last option to finish the season. The question is, is there anywhere else to play besides Optus now that Subi has been demolished? WACA? Suburban grounds?
Theres some great suburban grounds that hold 15-20k and would be fantastic money spinners for the smaller teams

A bit of scaffold will be needed to get decent camera angles but thats it.

it could easily be catered for in wa.

The actual problem wasn't going to lighter restrictions.
The problem was people ignoring the restrictions that remained in place.

Honestly I'm sure that people who normally hardly ever left their homes started driving 50km to mingle, simply because they were told not to.
The trouble with going to lighter restrictions is that it sends a message that things are better.

which is ok if things are better but they werent

I remember watching your state go into lighter restrictions before us and wed been getting zero locals transmissions for weeks and were still like this:

F4515923-85EA-488C-8B5A-7B564FC7B818.jpeg Thats the very centre of perth. Midday.

That laissez faire attitude you guys had was when you were getting local transmission numbers every day that made mcgowan shut everything down.

I really - with 20-20 hindsight think the blm protests were the last straw as far as all over australia was concerned - the optics of that meant everyone just stopped even trying..

it was strange to see that it went as far as i lived - it was an attitude of “well if they are allowing that theres nothing to worry about”

Shame whats happened as australia was doing really well.

at the very least nsw and vic are going to have to go tough again and id add queensland in a coupla months unless they learn from vic and nsw’s lesson.

Herp derp and people castigate mcgowan for being so hard on the border quarantine.
One f#%{{ person can be all it takes..

I try to be as open-minded as possible about political/social issues, listen to all sides, and not judge anyone negatively if they have different views about a subject, law, or individual than I do. But * me, there's no compromise with anyone against McGowan on this. It simply isn't a political issue. Our economy and health are going fine. If we open up, both are in trouble.

The trouble with going to lighter restrictions is that it sends a message that things are better.

which is ok if things are better but they werent

I remember watching your state go into lighter restrictions before us and wed been getting zero locals transmissions for weeks and were still like this:

View attachment 925701 Thats the very centre of perth. Midday.

That laissez faire attitude you guys had was when you were getting local transmission numbers every day that made mcgowan shut everything down.

I really - with 20-20 hindsight think the blm protests were the last straw as far as all over australia was concerned - the optics of that meant everyone just stopped even trying..

it was strange to see that it went as far as i lived - it was an attitude of “well if they are allowing that theres nothing to worry about”

Shame whats happened as australia was doing really well.

at the very least nsw and vic are going to have to go tough again and id add queensland in a coupla months unless they learn from vic and nsw’s lesson.
I think you'll find thats exactly what Melbourne looked like in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back