Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
Directly coughing within the vicinity of someone aside do masks in public really make a difference? Requiring them outdoors in most settings is ridiculous.
I’ve had to limit my outdoor exercise due to being breathless after my walk, despite regularly being lucky if I pass even half a dozen people and nearly always at a distance well in excess of 1.5 metres!

I could likely get a medical exemption due to a slow heartbeat, but I fear I would have to walk around with the certificate stapled to my forehead if I did!

What does the manufacturer say about servicing late? Have they agreed not to void warranties?

What are you chasing here?

The VIC Government specifically mandating that all cars serviced late must not void a warranty?

They've shut down hundreds of industries, tens of thousands of people are out of work. Of course some of the things that are shut are going to be inconvenient for you.

People are still spreading this via family and friends (breaking restrictions potentially). No doubt a lot of the 'mystery' cases are people not owning up to potentially receiving a fine.

In 99.9% of cases surely this virus is spread in households and other indoor gatherings, not passing someone in a supermarket without a mask.

Directly coughing within the vicinity of someone aside do masks in public really make a difference? Requiring them outdoors in most settings is ridiculous.
In order to spread amongst family and friends, someone from that group first has to get it somewhere else.

Every person that doesn't get it somewhere else is a person not then infecting friends and family.

Key to that is the shutdown.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

What are you chasing here?

The VIC Government specifically mandating that all cars serviced late must not void a warranty?

They've shut down hundreds of industries, tens of thousands of people are out of work. Of course some of the things that are shut are going to be inconvenient for you.

Cars can get some pretty nasty damage when they get low on oil. Government mandate or not. If i was a car manufacturer in Korea, and some dealer in Australia told me i was paying for some crap because Dan Andrews told them the warranty could not be voided. I'd tell them to take it up with Dan. Dan Andrews doesn't have the ability/knowlege/power to enforce a warranty when the manufactures conditions have not been met. If he mandated that Aircraft skip services would that make it ok? ( same s**t, less dramatic consequences. ).

To me it just seems strange to shut down the vehicle servicing, which i would consider a pretty easy task to make covid safe, while allowing some of the other higher risk activities such as housing construction.
Park car leave windows down , leave keys at desk. Wait a couple of hours , wipe down interior surfaces.
1 guy does the service.

Cars can get some pretty nasty damage when they get low on oil. Government mandate or not. If i was a car manufacturer in Korea, and some dealer in Australia told me i was paying for some crap because Dan Andrews told them the warranty could not be voided. I'd tell them to take it up with Dan. Dan Andrews doesn't have the ability/knowlege/power to enforce a warranty when the manufactures conditions have not been met. If he mandated that Aircraft skip services would that make it ok? ( same sh*t, less dramatic consequences. ).

To me it just seems strange to shut down the vehicle servicing, which i would consider a pretty easy task to make covid safe, while allowing some of the other higher risk activities such as housing construction.
Park car leave windows down , leave keys at desk. Wait a couple of hours , wipe down interior surfaces.
1 guy does the service.

Yes that's all well and good, but how many people are driving much at the moment? Essential vehicles can still get maintenance.

What you're asking for is each and every industry receiving a special consideration circumstance, which would just be unmanagable.

It's one of those theoretical exercises that doesn't hold up well in reality.

Yes that's all well and good, but how many people are driving much at the moment? Essential vehicles can still get maintenance.

What you're asking for is each and every industry receiving a special consideration circumstance, which would just be unmanagable.

It's one of those theoretical exercises that doesn't hold up well in reality.

Based on what i see when i have to go to work. Lots. I expect Uber's and couriers will be racking up some serious kilometres.
What i'm pointing out is that the government have seemingly randomly decided which industries/businesses can be open.
And our government sure plays favourites with some of their pet industries.

As i mentioned earlier, a company that builds housing extensions is advertising that they can come to your home to do a quote.
How can extending your house be essential right now? How is visiting households covid safe?

Based on what i see when i have to go to work. Lots. I expect Uber's and couriers will be racking up some serious kilometres.
What i'm pointing out is that the government have seemingly randomly decided which industries/businesses can be open.
And our government sure plays favourites with some of their pet industries.

As i mentioned earlier, a company that builds housing extensions is advertising that they can come to your home to do a quote.
How can extending your house be essential right now? How is visiting households covid safe?

Take it up with the government?

I actually thought residential wasn't allowing any new commencements, and it would be totally unlike the construction industry to use every loophole in the book to stay open. Plus the CFMEU had things to say I'm sure.

You seem to be on the outrage train here that builders are being dickheads about this and therefore screw the government or something.

Hard Vic-NSW border beginning August 21 apparently

Numurkah :0 active cases.
Towong Shire : 0 active cases.
Indigo Shire : 1 active case.
Wodonga : 2 active cases.
Gannawarra Shire : 2 active cases.
Murrundindi Shire : 4 Cases.
Mildura :6 cases .

NSW cases in areas bordering with Victoria .
Zero.

Well done NSW for protecting yourself from these 15 serial spreaders.
I hope you are putting mines in the Murray to stop them sneaking across.

Take it up with the government?

I actually thought residential wasn't allowing any new commencements, and it would be totally unlike the construction industry to use every loophole in the book to stay open. Plus the CFMEU had things to say I'm sure.

You seem to be on the outrage train here that builders are being dickheads about this and therefore screw the government or something.

Not really, its more trying to fathom their rationale for some industries to stay open and some to close.
I get the main one, retail.
But it seems the rest of it was pretty much made up on the fly , despite having weeks to think about it.
Some industries that can keep operating seem to be high risk and non-essential , while others that are forced to close seem low risk, and no less essential to the former.

Cars can get some pretty nasty damage when they get low on oil. Government mandate or not. If i was a car manufacturer in Korea, and some dealer in Australia told me i was paying for some crap because Dan Andrews told them the warranty could not be voided. I'd tell them to take it up with Dan. Dan Andrews doesn't have the ability/knowlege/power to enforce a warranty when the manufactures conditions have not been met. If he mandated that Aircraft skip services would that make it ok? ( same sh*t, less dramatic consequences. ).

1 guy does the service.

Theyd need to collect to comply correctly. Us Boomers can check oil

Numurkah :0 active cases.
Towong Shire : 0 active cases.
Indigo Shire : 1 active case.
Wodonga : 2 active cases.
Gannawarra Shire : 2 active cases.
Murrundindi Shire : 4 Cases.
Mildura :6 cases .

NSW cases in areas bordering with Victoria .
Zero.

Well done NSW for protecting yourself from these 15 serial spreaders.
I hope you are putting mines in the Murray to stop them sneaking across.
Yep, ridiculous. The level of chaos across multiple industries is going to be very conspicuous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plateauing at about 5% decay per day. Only for the last few days though, so there's a asterisk. At that rate it will take until about September 7 to get back under 100 cases. If that can be upped to 10% per day we'll hit that mark more like August 25. Even if it can get to 7-8% we'll be below 100 before the end of August. Don't know how realistic that stuff is at all though.

Not really, its more trying to fathom their rationale for some industries to stay open and some to close.
I get the main one, retail.
But it seems the rest of it was pretty much made up on the fly , despite having weeks to think about it.
Some industries that can keep operating seem to be high risk and non-essential , while others that are forced to close seem low risk, and no less essential to the former.
There is no hard and fast rule,or even logic, to apply here. So yes, they made it up on the fly.

You can make a case for car maintenance, but you can make a case for lots of industries. You can make a case that some that are open shouldn't be, or should be more reduced.

But this would be true regardless of how they did it.

So, it's now coming out it wasn't security guards at the hotels responsible for the outbreak.

That was basically Murdoch media treating rumour like news.

Shocked to be sitting here.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

transmitted primarily in hotel staffs restrooms, then out to families at home

Time for Morrison to actually do something in this Pandemic rather than doing stuff all aside from doing the odd pointless press conference and going to the NRL when 5,000,000 of his citizens can’t even take out the bins without wearing a mask.

The buck stops with the leader and Morrison has to be held accountable for Victoria’s disaster.

Time for Morrison to actually do something in this Pandemic rather than doing stuff all aside from doing the odd pointless press conference and going to the NRL when 5,000,000 of his citizens can’t even take out the bins without wearing a mask.

The buck stops with the leader and Morrison has to be held accountable for Victoria’s disaster.
That's why there's an inquiry. Can't blame him for doing what restrictions in his state allows him to do. People spending and working to the extent restrictions allow is just as important as following the restrictions.

That's why there's an inquiry. Can't blame him for doing what restrictions in his state allows him to do. People spending and working to the extent restrictions allow is just as important as following the restrictions.
Im the first to jump on slomo but ^^ is right

Nice try, you know it's dodgy Dan and his team of red shirted, branch stacking, chicken shop doco dumping, belt and road clowns who are responsible for Victoria's f ups!!! Again

Not sure the blame lies with Scomo when the states have managed their own crisis. If it was Scomo's fault wouldnt the issues be widespread across the country and not under one leaders jurisdiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back