Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we know why Police refused? Was it safety or resources? Either way it's a bad look for the government to then hand it over to private security whilst having Police patrol local parks etc for people doing the wrong thing. The risk was always inside those hotels.

Too much like actual work, lack of people to bully, lack of vulnerable people to assault I guess.

Still no idea who approved the hotel quarantine set up. Have they checked the chicken shops where Dan and co dumped their last lot of docs to be investigated?

For all those who say that the anti lockdown protests are the biggest detriment to Victoria leaving lockdown earlier I would suggest that it is actually areas with high migrant populations (Casey, Whyndam, etc) that we need to watch the most.

They were the fuel that flamed the second wave (security guards spreading it to the high density council flats) and all of the current areas with the highest rates of infection correlate with high migrant numbers.

Much of it correlates with the types of jobs these people do (working in abattoirs, warehouses, etc) but I believe part of this concentration is also due to specific cultural factors such as distrust of authorities, lack of faith in Western science (security guards refusal to use hand santisier as an example), etc.

Reading between the lines about the recent Casey outbreak I think it fair to say the authorities have been getting crickets from those involved (from the Afghani community) in terms of their movements.

These areas really need a very strong police presence given that;

1. This is were just about all the active cases in Victoria currently are
2. Parts of this community have shown an unwillingness to follow the rules

Why waste resources in Beuamaris or Camberwell to police a population who don't have the virus and are following the rules?

For all those who say that the anti lockdown protests are the biggest detriment to Victoria leaving lockdown earlier I would suggest that it is actually areas with high migrant populations (Casey, Whyndam, etc) that we need to watch the most.

They were the fuel that flamed the second wave (security guards spreading it to the high density council flats) and all of the current areas with the highest rates of infection correlate with high migrant numbers.

Much of it correlates with the types of jobs these people do (working in abattoirs, warehouses, etc) but I believe part of this concentration is also due to specific cultural factors such as distrust of authorities, lack of faith in Western science (security guards refusal to use hand santisier as an example), etc.

Reading between the lines about the recent Casey outbreak I think it fair to say the authorities have been getting crickets from those involved (from the Afghani community) in terms of their movements.

Why waste resources in Beuamaris or Camberwell to police a population who don't have the virus and are following the rules?

If a non citizen is found breaking the rules the government should deport them

Very diplomatically put.
VicPol and the bureaucracy being ‘culturally sensitive’ as usual and far too busy chasing old grannies sitting on park benches....
Maybe it’s time to get serious with these ‘Large family gatherings’ instead.

Very diplomatically put.
VicPol and the bureaucracy being ‘culturally sensitive’ as usual and far too busy chasing old grannies sitting on park benches....
Maybe it’s time to get serious with these ‘Large family gatherings’ instead.
I tried to be as diplomatic as possible.....

That Casey cluster was 5 separate (large) families all breaking the rules and travelling between households.

That scares the absolute c..p out of me.

It's one thing for some random d..khead to not follow the rules but 5 separate families all basically disregrading the rules could start a 3rd wave in absolutely no time at all (especially in the cultural / socio economic strata they inhabit)

Yes I would suggest arresting pregnant women in Ballarat and stealing old grannies phones in parks is probably a lower priority at this stage for Vic Pol.

I tried to be as diplomatic as possible.....

That Casey cluster was 5 separate (large) families all breaking the rules and travelling between households.

That scares the absolute c..p out of me.

It's one thing for some random d..khead to not follow the rules but 5 separate families all basically disregrading the rules could start a 3rd wave in absolutely no time at all (especially in the cultural / socio economic strata they inhabit)

Yes I would suggest arresting pregnant women in Ballarat and stealing old grannies phones in parks is probably a lower priority at this stage for Vic Pol.

Its not just a Covid19 thing, it seems to be a culture of ignoring authorities and breaking rules. What other laws do they choose to break habitually? These are the kind of thoughts that come to mind. Do they want our general population to be racist ? Keep doing this s**t then.
Am i allowed to dislike the extreme right wing culture?
Am i allowed to dislike the outlaw biker culture ?
What culture am i seeing here.

But...
I live in Casey and drive through Hallam every day. I often stop at the supermarket on my way home.
I have not spotted a cop in the area since stage 4 came in.

Dr Azizi believes some of the concern around testing stems from a fear that a diagnosis would put tougher restrictions on everyone in the household. She thinks GPs should have the ability to involve the police if a patient refuses a test.

"I think some sort of enforcement would be much better but that is my idea, I don't know," she said.

------------------------
Staying home, risking their health, so that the rest of the family are free to spread it.

Its not just a Covid19 thing, it seems to be a culture of ignoring authorities and breaking rules. What other laws do they choose to break habitually? These are the kind of thoughts that come to mind. Do they want our general population to be racist ? Keep doing this sh*t then.

But...
I live in Casey and drive through Hallam every day. I often stop at the supermarket on my way home.
Its not just a Covid19 thing, it seems to be a culture of ignoring authorities and breaking rules. What other laws do they choose to break habitually? These are the kind of thoughts that come to mind. Do they want our general population to be racist ? Keep doing this sh*t then.

But...
Honestly whenever they say "Large family groups" my eyes just roll.

Call a spade a spade.

My post was not anti immigrant, many councils with high Asian populations in the East such as Whitehorse (Box Hill) have very low virus numbers because as a rule South East Asian cultures are very wary of viruses and take the necessary precautions such as face masks, etc (plus they are not idiots and will follow the law).

But other cultural groups (I will leave it at that) are not as compliant and are a big risk factor in another wave starting again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beaumaris, Torquay etc are favourites as pretty nice spots to patrol. Camberwell, nice and safe, plenty of coffee shops.

The CHICKEN SHOP is back! :p Are you selling your chicken through UberEats now?
Oh , don't be upset, your Dan will still rule over us for many a year. The brainwashed like yourself will forever excuse him and his govt.
We don't all have to be in favour of the Dan dynasty however. I know you think dumping govt docs in a chicken shop is just normal government practice. Uber delivery...it's not.

Oh , don't be upset, your Dan will still rule over us for many a year. The brainwashed like yourself will forever excuse him and his govt.
We don't all have to be in favour of the Dan dynasty however. I know you think dumping govt docs in a chicken shop is just normal government practice. Uber delivery...it's not.

This is the People's Republic of Victoria, we love the leader and our police.

Going to be tough for your boys to win in 2022, still behind in the polls after all of this palaver.....
[/QUOTE

I only have one team, that won't be winning anything anytime soon sadly.
Even our president is a massive Dan fan, so I don't expect team Dan will be going anywhere. However , the numbers are growing and anyone who lost their business and jobs and more due to this clown show's incompetence will not be voting for Team Dan. Now, must go and watch the saints, you keep up that blind love.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back