Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Punished my ass. They got sent home and a tap on the wrist. In any case tell that to someone wanting to visit their dying parent. Theyd happily accept the punishment that Sydney Stack got
So you’re example of someone getting preferential treatment is someone who broke the rules, was publicly disgraced, heavily fined and suspended for the rest of the season.

Please, you’re embarrassing yourself.

They really are not, I mean The AFL players getting kebabs at 3AM is a odd way of quarantining if you ask me.....
They weren’t in the quarantined transition hub, they had been in Queensland for months and had already served a 14 day quarantine. AFL players are just in their own bubble to further protect the season from not being cancelled, which is what the Richmond players broke and got rightfully sent home for. They didn’t break qld Covid restrictions.

Once anyone serves their 14 day quarantine they are not deemed to be a risk to the health of Queenslanders and can interact with the public.

To me this post totally misses the point about why so many Victorians (me included) are so furious at Daniel Andrews and Vic Labour.

Yes of course Australia (and Victoria) are in a much better position than just about every other country. But we had multiple factors in our favour (Island nation with strong border controls, wealthy, well funded health system, low population density, compliant population, etc) than countries like Spain with its high population density, porous borders, etc don't have.

When looking at Victoria's performance you need to compare it against the other Australian states (New Zealand as well if you wish). And using that comparison by any metric you care to mention (lives lost, infection rate, loss of civil liberties (curfew, longest lockdown in the world and still going) , economic cost to the state, mental health damage, etc) the state government's response has been nothing short of catostrophic.

And Victorias situation has little to do with bad luck. The way that hotel quarantine system was designed I am honesty thinking that we were lucky that things didn't get more out of control with how shoddily it was managed (or should I say not managed as not one government department has actually admutted to being in charge of it)

To me this post totally misses the point about why so many Victorians (me included) are so furious at Daniel Andrews and Vic Labour.

Yes of course Australia (and Victoria) are in a much better position than just about every other country. But we had multiple factors in our favour (Island nation with strong border controls, wealthy, well funded health system, low population density, compliant population, etc) than countries like Spain with its high population density, porous borders, etc don't have.

When looking at Victoria's performance you need to compare it against the other Australian states (New Zealand as well if you wish). And using that comparison by any metric you care to mention (lives lost, infection rate, loss of civil liberties (curfew, longest lockdown in the world and still going) , economic cost to the state, mental health damage, etc) the state government's response has been nothing short of catostrophic.

And Victorias situation has little to do with bad luck. The way that hotel quarantine system was designed I am honesty thinking that we were lucky that things didn't get more out of control with how shoddily it was managed (or should I say not managed as not one government department has actually admutted to being in charge of it)
just like the cruise ships fiasco the hotel quarantine AND victorias refusal to properly isolate contact traced folk with the police and draconian punishments is a serious fault.

but imho there was always going to be one state that let things slip. vic was the state - the rest of us had become blase too.

we still dont have anyone putting their hand up for the cruise ship fiasco either.

its almost like politicians are slippery slimy muthafunkers who duck responsibility like they breathe.

just like the cruise ships fiasco the hotel quarantine AND victorias refusal to properly isolate contact traced folk with the police and draconian punishments is a serious fault.

but imho there was always going to be one state that let things slip. vic was the state - the rest of us had become blase too.

we still dont have anyone putting their hand up for the cruise ship fiasco either.

its almost like politicians are slippery slimy muthafunkers who duck responsibility like they breathe.
You are being way to kind to the Victoria Government.

A competent (even half competent) government should have been able to control the situation (even half competent state governments have)

The very fact that Victoria is no longer accepting returned travellers (thanks NSW by the way for picking up our slack in tht regards) shows you just how dysfunctional and broken our quarantine system was.

You are being way to kind to the Victoria Government.

A competent (even half competent) government should have been able to control the situation (even half competent state governments have)

The very fact that Victoria is no longer accepting returned travellers (thanks NSW by the way for picking up our slack in tht regards) shows you just how dysfunctional and broken our quarantine system was.
it shows that you waited way too long to go into lockdown.

yet you have a state opposition squealing like stuck pigs at the thought of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it's the State Oppositions fault we are in the current situation in Victoria?

Interesting take.

Like all oppositions, they are squealing so as to not be forgotten by the media & the public. Do you think they'd have been better?

The international borders are a Federal responsibility, so maybe blame them. The Cruise ship fiasco has seen NSW State Government & Federals duck shoving blame. The Age care industry is totally a Federal responsibility. This has been the biggest problem area.

So plenty of 'blame' to go around. The biggest blob of blame goes lazy people who won't social distance or wash hands.

The RWNJ, Bolt watching 'deniers' are another subset of stupid who's selfishness & ignorance just makes things harder.

Remember, we're in the middle of a pandemic. Not the end of it. We can judge better then.

no - but they arent helping.

the wa opposition saw the way the wind was blowing and didnt try to hinder the government.
Big difference in that the State WA government have actually done a decent job in responding to the pandemic so they realistically had little to protest against.

The State Opposition in Victoria would be negligent in their role as an opposition government f they didn't hold Vic Labour accountable for their massive errors.

Not being some weirdo stalker, no, I have no idea.

I wonder if this could possibly be a reason also why dying people cant see their loved ones but Tom Hanks can make a movie

“I have given exemptions from people in entertainment and film because that is bringing a lot of money into this state,” she said in a press conference yesterday.

I wonder if this could possibly be a reason also why dying people cant see their loved ones but Tom Hanks can make a movie

“I have given exemptions from people in entertainment and film because that is bringing a lot of money into this state,” she said in a press conference yesterday.
Ok scoop, get some evidence of Hanks flouting the 14 day quarantine with the approval of the Queensland government and I’ll share your outrage.

Last edited:
it shows that you waited way too long to go into lockdown.

yet you have a state opposition squealing like stuck pigs at the thought of it.
It wasn't the opposition that chose to employ a security company to run quarantine on the grounds they met diversity targets.
This government doesn't even know whose idea it was to implement a curfew.

The opposition has been given little airtime as Victoria is a labour stronghold, at least it was.

Miami. 1,800 new cases per day. 15,000 people allowed to the NFL opener in Miami this weekend.

Melbourne - 40 cases per day. Hard lock down. 8pm curfew.

He’s not.

The double Oscar-winner and other members of the crew are staying at a Gold Coast hotel that is not one of Queensland Health's designated quarantine hotels. The production has hired its own security so the cost of their quarantine will not be paid for by the Queensland government but the group will be subject to the same medical and police checks as people isolating in designated hotels.

So in other words Ana is paying for personal police protection and personalised Covid tests....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back