Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

The double Oscar-winner and other members of the crew are staying at a Gold Coast hotel that is not one of Queensland Health's designated quarantine hotels. The production has hired its own security so the cost of their quarantine will not be paid for by the Queensland government but the group will be subject to the same medical and police checks as people isolating in designated hotels.

So in other words Ana is paying for personal police protection and personalised Covid tests....
Hanks is in mandatory 14 day hotel quarantine with the same health checks as everyone else. Honestly who cares if they are paying tens of thousands of dollars to just do it in a 5 star hotel instead of a 3 star one. The health risk is the same, the qld government does not pay for any of it, and the ones run by the government aren’t burdened by having to handle an entire movie crew.

Also importantly, there’s only a finite amount of places available in government quarantine anyways, if they did enter that program it would mean they’d be taking spots from qlders/others wanting to quarantine who then couldn’t even get into the state. This is easily the best solution.

The double Oscar-winner and other members of the crew are staying at a Gold Coast hotel that is not one of Queensland Health's designated quarantine hotels. The production has hired its own security so the cost of their quarantine will not be paid for by the Queensland government but the group will be subject to the same medical and police checks as people isolating in designated hotels.

So in other words Ana is paying for personal police protection and personalised Covid tests....
So not at a private residence as you alleged. And the cost worn by the production company.

Seriously mate, how many more swings and misses at this you going to take?

Big difference in that the State WA government have actually done a decent job in responding to the pandemic so they realistically had little to protest against.

The State Opposition in Victoria would be negligent in their role as an opposition government f they didn't hold Vic Labour accountable for their massive errors.

The State Opposition in Victoria are clowns, that's why they can't get any traction. And yes to an extent they are responsible because if they were not such utter losers they would be able to hold the Government somewhat accountable instead of having a Government that essentially does as it pleases.

To paraphrase a comment I saw online which sums it up:

"Was angry with Andrews, so I listened to the Opposition Leader speaking. Thought, well things could be worse".

Ana is paying for police protection and Covid tests for everybody in quarantine, so I dont get it? He is being treated differently by getting the same police checks of compliance, and state mandated covid tests as everybody else?

Oh the horror.

The State Opposition in Victoria are clowns, that's why they can't get any traction. And yes to an extent they are responsible because if they were not such utter losers they would be able to hold the Government somewhat accountable instead of having a Government that essentially does as it pleases.

To paraphrase a comment I saw online which sums it up:

"Was angry with Andrews, so I listened to the Opposition Leader speaking. Thought, well things could be worse".
In this much I agree with you, the Victorian Liberal party has been a joke for a while now.

Having such a week opposition will inevitably lead to the sitting government to start to get arrogant and sloppy.

Not a good outcome regardless which side of the political fence you fall on.

Miami. 1,800 new cases per day. 15,000 people allowed to the NFL opener in Miami this weekend.

Melbourne - 40 cases per day. Hard lock down. 8pm curfew.
or furthermore - 176 deaths just TODAY in florida from covid.

nice one 12502 deaths in florida to date

buT tHey HaVe tHeir sTadiuM open

Last edited:
The Australian cricketers returning home from England will be allowed to quarantine at the Adelaide Oval hotel for two weeks and use the oval and its facilities as a hub.
Im guessing that rules out a final in Adelaide in week 1?
Port to get a Prelim at home possibly??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes every country would like to be the US right now.

yep, we are angry at Dan, but prefer him to be the one we are angry with.

getting to an average daily cases of five or less for 14 days? That hasn’t happened since March. Not sure that will be actually held to for shops and industry which haven’t been able to find a way round it. Surely there’ll be widespread disobedience

yep, we are angry at Dan, but prefer him to be the one we are angry with.

getting to an average daily cases of five or less for 14 days? That hasn’t happened since March. Not sure that will be actually held to for shops and industry which haven’t been able to find a way round it. Surely there’ll be widespread disobedience

Yes that presents as a bit of a problem, extending to 28 September was not controversial but the October stuff looks way overcooked. They might have to walk that back a bit....

Big difference in that the State WA government have actually done a decent job in responding to the pandemic so they realistically had little to protest against.

The State Opposition in Victoria would be negligent in their role as an opposition government f they didn't hold Vic Labour accountable for their massive errors.
are you talking about the state libs that were screaming to open up earlier, saying the should use more powers whilst calling him dictator dan?

that oppositionor is there a different opposition.

As a Victorian, I can easily say that I much preferred the first wave than the second wave.
Why? Because at least in March and April, every Australian was locked down as opposed to just Victorians in the second wave.
I'm annoyed that only Victorians have to suffer through this why the rest of Australia can enjoy relative or full freedom.

It sucks that you all got lucky because you didn't have an incompetent government and/or incompetent security supervising hotel quarantine.

Call me selfish, call me a sook, I couldn't give 2 knobs of goat manure. That's just the way I feel.

As a Victorian, I can easily say that I much preferred the first wave than the second wave.
Why? Because at least in March and April, every Australian was locked down as opposed to just Victorians in the second wave.
I'm annoyed that only Victorians have to suffer through this why the rest of Australia can enjoy relative or full freedom.

It sucks that you all got lucky because you didn't have an incompetent government and/or incompetent security supervising hotel quarantine.

Call me selfish, call me a sook, I couldn't give 2 knobs of goat manure. That's just the way I feel.

The two bolded parts are connected really. You hate the second wave because it was caused by your government, whereas the first one was just a general misstep by all

While the overarching rhetoric has been about saving lives,as it should be, there's very much a desire for Victoria to fall in line with the rest of Australia to protect the economy that has been untouched in areas that have been covid free. The only way to do that is to eradicate the virus across the board and that's done through the very blunt instrument of lockdown.

For people in Melbourne, the gaps in our way of living will become even more pronounced this week as regional Victoria move into far more freedoms than what metro melb has had for the better part of 6mths now. It's still another 10 weeks, minimum, before some businesses can open.

To a degree it's almost like saying "I'll sacrifice your livelihood so we can protect someone else's". For a business owner in metro melbourne, it's a very bitter pill to swallow.

For anyone following the Judicial inquiry into the Vic Hotel Quarantine debacle there has been a fair bit of "I don't recall who made that decision" and "I am not sure who was responsible for that element of the program" going on today from the Police Commissioner, Emergency Management Commisionar and various high ranking beuaracrats.

The whole thing is beginning to get a whiff of the old Alan Bond and Christopher Skase about it to be honest. I wonder how many of them will have conveniently timed mental illnesses over the next 3 months?

The fact that they are all personally hireing QCs to represent them (on taxpayer coin mind you) tells you a fair bit about how worried they are about what stones this inquiry is turning over.

While the overarching rhetoric has been about saving lives,as it should be, there's very much a desire for Victoria to fall in line with the rest of Australia to protect the economy that has been untouched in areas that have been covid free. The only way to do that is to eradicate the virus across the board and that's done through the very blunt instrument of lockdown.

For people in Melbourne, the gaps in our way of living will become even more pronounced this week as regional Victoria move into far more freedoms than what metro melb has had for the better part of 6mths now. It's still another 10 weeks, minimum, before some businesses can open.

To a degree it's almost like saying "I'll sacrifice your livelihood so we can protect someone else's". For a business owner in metro melbourne, it's a very bitter pill to swallow.

Countries which dealt reasonably well with a 'first wave' are getting second waves. The government and health systems are alert and organized, its the rest of us who arent responding consistently and responsibly. and as for the people pushing agendas and others pushing agendas about pushing agendas. well they ac f% right off.

For anyone following the Judicial inquiry into the Vic Hotel Quarantine debacle there has been a fair bit of "I don't recall who made that decision" and "I am not sure who was responsible for that element of the program" going on today from the Police Commissioner, Emergency Management Commisionar and various high ranking beuaracrats.

The whole thing is beginning to get a whiff of the old Alan Bond and Christopher Skase about it to be honest. I wonder how many of them will have conveniently timed mental illnesses over the next 3 months?

The fact that they are all personally hireing QCs to represent them (on taxpayer coin mind you) tells you a fair bit about how worried they are about what stones this inquiry is turning over.

have they said how many infected arrivals have been successfully quarantined?

have they said how many infected arrivals have been successfully quarantined?
Not sure why this is relevant?

Is it your contention that the Victoria Hotel Quarantine program was a success despite genomic tracing showing that 99% of all cases from the second outbreak (which had caused 700+ deaths, Billions of dollars of damage and the shutdown of an entire state) were linked to failures in this program? That's a scientific fact, not really open to argument.

If so good luck selling that story!

Also NSW is taking in basically 100% of all international travellers since the Vic Quarantine program was shut down with 0 failures (shows its not really that hard when competent government is in control).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back