Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

All Victorians have done a great job.......
wait i'll give you the true translation.

"There are too many dickheads in Melbourne you've been driving me insane, we can't open up just yet. I have to keep saying IF in front of my sentence , because i just know that some of you morons are going to cause another outbreak.
Why the * can't you be normal human beings like the citizens of Shepperton. We tell them to get tested and isolate and they just do it and we contain things.
We'll throw you a bone and let you have bigger picnics further away".

deskc

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
reporter just found out this clown again asking him what is this science and data behind the 25km rule and of course there is no science behind it he had no answer. They just pluck a number out of thin air

deskc

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
QUOTE="harrythetiger, post: 67509294, member: 166164"]
Pretty good chance they would have died at some point in the future.

But I reckon I can also make that claim about everyone.
[/QUOTE]

Average stay in an aged care facility is under 2 years so all of these 800 would have died in the next year or so

deskc

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Clown sutton who is not even a doctor found out lying again. Saying he went to the meeting but wasn't there in the few minutes they discussed overseas travellers yet the federal government just confirmed that he was in fact there the whole meeting. Lying sutton

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
reporter just found out this clown again asking him what is this science and data behind the 25km rule and of course there is no science behind it he had no answer. They just pluck a number out of thin air

That's like saying why can't I do 111km in a 110km zone though, you have to draw a line somewhere if you're starting point is that there needs to be a limit to impede potential spread.

Of course, if you don't agree with a limit then it won't matter if it's 5, 25, or 105km.

The science is that the less people from different areas that you have mixing together, the lower the risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
That's like saying why can't I do 111km in a 110km zone though, you have to draw a line somewhere if you're starting point is that there needs to be a limit to impede potential spread.

Of course, if you don't agree with a limit then it won't matter if it's 5, 25, or 105km.

The science is that the less people from different areas that you have mixing together, the lower the risk.

Thats partly the reason for high road deaths in the country vic. Country roads have a blanket 100km/h but its not appropriate in all conditions. it would cost too much to put limits everywhere its needed, but people need to take some responsibility.

deskc

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oh goody the big skate park near my house that is packed every day will now have the steel fence removed tomorrow so kids don't have to climb the fence

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Do the health liars care to explain to us how the people from Kilmore and Shepparton caught the virus when they were wearing masks. Masks cause more spread of the virus than no masks
Jesus wept

How some people take ‘Masks reduce the risk of transmission of the virus’ and turn it into ‘Masks stop everything’ is beyond me.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Journalists in the same conference revisiting the hotel quarantine affair, then saying Andrews was over reacting over the NZ bubble people in Melbourne?

Just shows its a muck raking exercise for many journos.

edit. When we took my daughter to Melb airport to fly out, it was FEDERAL authorities controlling entry

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Journalists in the same conference revisiting the hotel quarantine affair, then saying Andrews was over reacting over the NZ bubble people in Melbourne?

Just shows its a muck raking exercise for many journos.

edit. When we took my daughter to Melb airport to fly out, it was FEDERAL authorities controlling entry
Journalistic standards in football are better than that in politics, somehow.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton

5km is no difference to me from 25km, cant go west north or south ill be into regional sector so thanks to daniel andrews I can now go to Watergardens which i'd only ever do to get bait to go fishing which I can't do anyway.

It is just a random number to appease the masses into believing restrictions are easing when in reality we are still in stage 4 lockdowns because his contact tracing team is too incompetent to track down a couple of hundred people.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
5km is no difference to me from 25km, cant go west north or south ill be into regional sector so thanks to daniel andrews I can now go to Watergardens which i'd only ever do to get bait to go fishing which I can't do anyway.

It is just a random number to appease the masses into believing restrictions are easing when in reality we are still in stage 4 lockdowns because his contact tracing team is too incompetent to track down a couple of hundred people.

Its more that we need more time to determine how competent the contact tracing has been, because its then becomes the primary weapon as things open up.

Also the reatil chomping at the bit, we all know a good may of them do 60% of their sales up to and before christmas. thats why black saturday came up - ot even the load out a bit.
Its better to wait and ensure a clear run to christmas than open now and have any risk to christmas trading. I think most retail sees that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back