Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following on from Astro7 original thread - https://bit.ly/33Rs8Mg

The other thread was

a) Over 1000 posts by some margin.
b) Full of Trump s**t

Please keep him out of this thread - feel free to make a Trump thread yourself.

Cheers - The Mod Team

On topic:

NSW suffers another fatality.

Last edited:
NSW up 212. That's a large spike in numbers. And we are yet to change the testing criteria. 😳
Oh snap.

Too busy with this thread change to report

Go here if you want to discuss non- corona related topics.

Otherwise known as the tin foil thread

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
I want to know whats thepersonal impact this has had on everyone here?

Personally a small amount of anxiety due to fools panic buying everything. Even baby nurofen/panadol & ventolin.

Fortunatley i still have a job (for now) on temporarily reduced hours. We have a small amount saving in the bank should the worst happen. Would have had much more of a buffer had my ford XR6 transmission not give out for the 3rd time a 2 months ago so upgrading that to a new kluger for the family.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
The other thread was

b) Full of Trump s**t

Cheers - The Mod Team

On topic:

NSW suffers another fatality.

Hey, my thread has been hijacked and had the title changed and your name put on it with no notice to myself? Not cool!

Hey, my thread has been hijacked and had the title changed and your name put on it with no notice to myself? Not cool!
Really?

That is your number one concern right now?

What are you chasing, recognition?

EDIT: you were after notice. Fair enough. Was a quick change after I saw the thread losing control and way over its limit. Have linked your original thread now. Apologies Astro7

Last edited:
Qland numbers in

With today’s voting I’m sure the numbers will stabilise........

Total new cases yesterday was 370. We’ve surpassed that already without any numbers from WA or SA

Total new cases yesterday was 370. We’ve surpassed that already without any numbers from WA or SA
Yep..it’s not great. But I think we all knew that was coming

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Personally a small amount of anxiety due to fools panic buying everything. Even baby nurofen/panadol & ventolin.

Fortunatley i still have a job (for now) on temporarily reduced hours. We have a small amount saving in the bank should the worst happen. Would have had much more of a buffer had my ford XR6 transmission not give out for the 3rd time a 2 months ago so upgrading that to a new kluger for the family.
If your hours are reduced more than 20% you'll have the option of accessing $10K from your Super before 1 July and another $10K after 30 June. I don't know all the finer details yet, but maybe worth looking at for some.

Mar 7, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton FC
Following on from Astro7 original thread - https://bit.ly/33Rs8Mg

The other thread was

b) Full of Trump s**t

Cheers - The Mod Team

We can still talk lizard people though, right?

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

Anxiety through the roof (never had an issue before).
Mrs has been stood down which basically amounts to losing her job but not being paid out her leave and long service because there's very little chance they'll reopen after all this is done.
I've still got a job for now but like most two income families will struggle to pay the bills off one income.
I imagine most would be in a similar boat or in an even worse position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Not a huge impact on me. My business activities will slow as we move through the lockdown, but it is likely to open up new opportunities once we get through to the back end. Fortunately, cashflow in my industry is infrequent (but revenue is large when they do occur), so I need to keep 12-18 months of living and operating expenses in cash in usual circumstances. This will allow me to get through all of this without too much drama.

Fortunately, my friends and family are in industries that aren't too badly affected yet. Some of them may need to have a bit of a pay cut or use leave, but their employers will still be around at the end of it.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Really?

That is your number one concern right now?

What are you chasing, recognition?

EDIT: you were after notice. Fair enough. Was a quick change after I saw the thread losing control and way over its limit. Have linked your original thread now. Apologies Astro7
No I'm not after recognition at all, who gives a toss about that.... I was over the Trump thing and also thought someone should bang up a global politics/world leaders thread just to divert traffic from the virus thread.
I just think a civil heads-up of an impending change to someone's thread is quite reasonable?
Otherwise it's a bit authoritarian, bit of a dictatorship?
But let's not get into politics!
(Politics however is closely linked to this crises)

Link change appreciated, no probs, thanks Biggie! (and wasn't after an apology)
Now back to the virus....

Last edited:

Into The Black

All Australian
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Go here if you want to discuss non- corona related topics.

Otherwise known as the tin foil thread
Have never looked at /seen that thread so I followed the link. Just knew Georgie would be there somewhere. First post :tearsofjoy: . Couldn't be bothered reading. Maybe if I get desperate.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Now that states are isolated from each I wonder what the chances are of SA,WA,TAS and NT keeping it to manageable levels, I think the eastern seaboard is past the point of avoiding a major clusterf*#k.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Now that states are isolated from each I wonder what the chances are of SA,WA,TAS and NT keeping it to manageable levels, I think the eastern seaboard is past the point of avoiding a major clusterf*#k.
Yeah NSW, VIC & QLD have really stuffed up. The rest of the country has managed this really well as of today. Especially WA, TAS & the NT.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast

I think we have a way easier chance of social distancing. I work in the outskirts of the CBD but drive through it and it’s been crazy dead over the last couple of weeks. Also we don’t like public transport as most drive in but from what I’ve noticed it’s been a ghost town on the platforms for a week or so. We also dont have a lot of high density areas compared to GC, Melbourne and Sydney.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
BUT I have noticed a lot the older people give O f””ks in regards to social distancing compared to people my age ( 30’s) who have embraced it somewhat.

I guess doing all my partying in my 20 ( and boy did I get munted on a regular basis) I like chilling at home so it hasn’t been an issue for me. Last night my wife and so had fun doing an online quiz night over some wines. Tonight catching up with mates in video chat with a beer or 10.

We should all embrace it and accept this will be a long road but not forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back