Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Australia's doing really well in the scheme of things. Also means isolation will have go on for a while to prevent second waves eg. Singapore

Second wave is inevitable as restrictions get lifted unless a vaccine comes first.

It's just a matter of limiting the impact of that second wave.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Anyone catch the Queen's speech? A pretty impressive effort and that's coming from an anti monarchist like myself.

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Is this not a real worry? From my (admittedly very limited) understanding this is how viruses tend to mutate, by jumping from species to species

It seems like a never ending battle with viruses jumping from animals to humans back to animals and humans and so on and so forth!

Planning for shut downs and recessions to happen every 7-10 years!

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Is this not a real worry? From my (admittedly very limited) understanding this is how viruses tend to mutate, by jumping from species to species

At first I thought it was slightly humourous in this tough time , humour is good but it's moved from a bat - human - tiger which isn't great . Think the tiger will be okay just tested positive but mild hopefully ....they are a magnificent animal and will be strong enough .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

javaguice

Premiership Player
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Assuming we do get some footy this year.....shorter season is perfect for Nata!!

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Steve Hocking saying end of May resumption depending on many factors I would imagine . Three week training , match simulation for teams squads ....no practice match games , all teams go into the restart with this three week resumption midseason preseason .
Could all change though .....

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I think they were talking about doing it in 3 hubs with teams of 6 and you play each other over a 3 weeks period, go home for 2.5 weeks then head to the next hub and play 5 games.

There has been quite a few proposals put forward ......Tassie lightning carnival in June / restart August / Eagles , Dockers and other interstate teams playing Darwin for month . This is the first I've heard from the AFL evidently clubs do a three week preseason and then resume .
Wait and hope .

Ok peeps - thread locked.

Continued here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back