Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
The government has already said it will take 20-30 years to recover economically . Just amazed at how generous and how swiftly everything has been implemented .
Yeah it's pretty crazy, especially for a Liberal govt.
It hasn't actually gone through for many people yet though, the job keeper payment hasn't even passed through parliament (emergency sitting next week) and most people I know are struggling to even get in contact with centrelink, never mind get any money out of them if they've lost their job completely.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
The opposition have been really quiet everywhere, except a little from Kristina Keneally with Scomo & Dutton.

The state opposition in WA - I literally have heard nothing from them. Which is probably a good thing, and also a reflection on how McGowan has handled things.
Seems to me in this crisis everyone is all pulling in the same direction

this is a good thing - in america you have states bidding against other states for medical supplies - forcing the prices up for all.

its time to put the politics away - we are lucky that the mistakes made initially, upon reflection havnt turned as bad as they could have due to the measures taken. We should learn from them and move on - idiots like the ipa should be ignored.

Last edited:

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Tbh - it’s keeping me in some sort of weird routine

My 5 yr old has been a nightmare today. The ex doesn’t have her much due to her living arrangements so very little chopout out today plus trying to pack rooms in preparation for the selling (at a loss no doubt) got me down.

I’m good. Maybe it’s the Captain Morgan talking :D
Cant you defer your mortgage payments?

i thought we had things in place so we dont have to do this :(

Into The Black

All Australian
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
It hasn't actually gone through for many people yet though, the job keeper payment hasn't even passed through parliament (emergency sitting next week) and most people I know are struggling to even get in contact with centrelink, never mind get any money out of them if they've lost their job completely.
Agreed, but these plans are not just thought bubbles, they are going to be implemented without any opposition. I am loving the bipartisanship, amazing times.

I logged on - ticked both boxes to access Newstart and access to Super

Friday a text came through from Centrelink and I completed the form, now it’s in process - to be either rejected or accepted by April 19th

Nothing from ATO yet regarding early access to my Super, although I am sure that will happen in the coming days

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I logged on - ticked both boxes to access Newstart and access to Super

Friday a text came through from Centrelink and I completed the form, now it’s in process - to be either rejected or accepted by April 19th

Nothing from ATO yet regarding early access to my Super, although I am sure that will happen in the coming days
Hmm weird, I was speaking to a couple of friends last night who've both lost their jobs, applied early last week and they've both been waiting on phone calls from centrelink.

Hmm weird, I was speaking to a couple of friends last night who've both lost their jobs, applied early last week and they've both been waiting on phone calls from centrelink.
Were they already registered with MyGov at all?

I was already through family tax, ATO & the Dole (2015) so maybe that’s a reason? 🤔

That makes me sad. Cant wait to hit the town again when the worst of this is past.

Not really normal Perth life unless I can go into Northbridge on Saturday night and glass a campaigner.

From the ATO website:

‘Applications for early release of superannuation (super) will be accepted through myGov from 20 April’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
After a quick Google I can confirm that the WA Opposition Leader is Liza Harvey, who is not the guy with the American accent and grey moustache. Liza is a stupid name.

If you are in opposition the only thing you can really do in this sort of situation is just not be a dick about stuff. The old adage 'lead, follow or get the * out of the way' holds true. If Harvey and friends have good ideas for WA right now, then put them up for discussion and accept that Marko is probably still going to get most of the public credit.

:cool:

Last edited:
After a quick Google I can confirm that the WA Opposition Leader is still Mike Nahan, AKA the guy with the American accent and grey moustache. He's anonymous at the best of times.

If you are in opposition the only thing you can really do in this sort of situation is just not be a dick about stuff. The old adage 'lead, follow or get the fu** out of the way' holds true. If Nahan and friends have good ideas for WA right now, then put them up for discussion and accept that Marko is probably still going to get most of the public credit.

uhhhhhhh

How did the kimberely get it?

Yes i've been living under a rock.

Once you're in WA you can go anywhere you like with no permission required (with the exception of some Aboriginal remote communities)

Would have somehow made its way there before the restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back