Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Meanwhile at the institute of public affairs - billionaires are unhappy that they arent making money atm are exhorting us to go back to work - look at the americans - they are prepared to die for their stock market line - where are our brave aussies:

That is satire ^^^

this isnt vvv

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Her message on her social media account is pretty good too, questioning the lack of widespread testing, understanding she is privileged to have easy access to it, and of course urging everyone to just stay at home because it can make everyone sick, even young people, and of course kills too. Might get some of the younger folk to take it more seriously.
Maybe the young will take it more seriously but one problem I'm feeling with seeing celebrities get it, is that thankfully most have recovered quickly. People could look at that as confirmation that the young or rich dont die.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Meanwhile at the institute of public affairs - billionaires are unhappy that they arent making money atm are exhorting us to go back to work - look at the americans - they are prepared to die for their stock market line - where are our brave aussies:

That is satire ^^^

this isnt vvv

People with cash are loving this. If you're into shares and know what you're doing, you would have made a fortune off the market volatility. Big opportunities will also open up for property as well, undoubtedly some people will be overextended allowing those with cash to get a good deal on a solid asset.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Maybe the young will take it more seriously but one problem I'm feeling with seeing celebrities get it, is that thankfully most have recovered quickly. People could look at that as confirmation that the young or rich dont die.
If someone young and well-known would die it would certainly help. Who's gonna take one for the team.
I'm looking at you, Belle Gibson

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

That is satire ^^^

this isnt vvv

Anyone who starts listening to the IPA needs to be tested.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
People with cash are loving this. If you're into shares and know what you're doing, you would have made a fortune off the market volatility. Big opportunities will also open up for property as well, undoubtedly some people will be overextended allowing those with cash to get a good deal on a solid asset.
I got a 15k truck body for the truck i got for the business for $1500 in near new condition

it actually suffered more damage being trucked from qld to gero than it had from new till pickup.....

Id watched it get ignored for 3 straight ebay auctions so made him an offer....

a few weeks before i sold the ute the truck replaced for 18k and two weeks later watched the same model colorado but 4 years younger go for the same price

Theres absolute bargains to be had everywhere - i temper that with the fact that every win you have comes with someones equal loss.....

1585975941262.png

Crowds hitting the Brisbane markets today. I can't even...

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Drove past the O'Conner Bunnings, car park was chockas and the queue to get in was 100m long, why would you?

Drove past the O'Conner Bunnings, car park was chockas and the queue to get in was 100m long, why would you?
Madness.

I put a Bunnings order in to be delivered so I can do some paving and I received it within 2 days.

Quick question.

How long do you envision this way of life for?

My view: I say 6 months. Forget all sport this winter. The virus whilst contained is here. People have improved behaviours but there are still some crazies out there.

Interested in your thoughts.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Quick question.

My view: I say 6 months. Forget all sport this winter. The virus whilst contained is here. People have improved behaviours but there are still some crazies out there.

Hoping for 3 months but realistically I think it's going to be at least 6 if not more.
But you're right about the crazies, there's been a woman down at our local town centre last night and this morning who's supposed to be self isolating because she came back into WA this week. Instead she's down there preaching god to everyone, leaning in their car windows, getting in peoples faces out the front of the IGA, moving trolleys around etc etc. Already a few people who've had contact with her have been told to stand down from work because their work doesn't want to risk them being infected. The cops came and took her home last night but she's back there this morning. We ended up skipping town today and going about 45 minutes away to go shopping just to be safe.

Abed

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Quick question.

Agree with ya.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Quick question.

I think at least 6 months. Like you, forget sport until at least late spring, probably all of 2020.

It could be that in western countries this will be the new norm until a vaccine comes along and can be produced in the hundreds of millions of doses.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Markets and the rest. Amazing. Why are markets open? Some people are just idiots.
For some reason they seem to think they are immune, or this has been beaten up and isn't really that bad, or they don't believe in no symptom contagion or something.

But there is worse than stupidity. There are those taking advantage of this for criminal purposes.

Fake masks and protective gear.
Cure kits.
Fake charities.
And then there are scum like this... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52152268
Personally, people like this have lost their rights to be part of society. I'd be happy for at least ten years for this sort of behaviour.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Quick question.

I reckon about 3 months for current level of restrictions. I think they'll then loosen up some of the business closures, but keep things like no gatherings over 100 until the vaccine is ready or the virus runs its course.

Think 3 months at current restrictions and we could have a scenario where AFL/NRL etc resume in empty stadiums and some businesses reopen - no chance of any mass gatherings for a long time yet. Don't think any of us can leave the state (much less country) for leisure until 2021 too.

I do like these numbers though, they are exceptional given what we're seeing around the world. Still have to hammer home the social distancing and non-essential gatherings message in the meantime but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Quick question.

6 months is insanity, not enough focus is being put on how/when we can kick start peoples livelihoods again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back