Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact III “WA - An Island within an Island”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah but if you die from something that's too weak to even take Boris Johnson or Prince Charles down then clearly you were pretty weak to begin with.
This started life as a tongue in cheek post but realistically it's probably true.
(Even if so, complete carelessness from everybody is not the logical next stop though)

From what I read it's down to how far the virus gets. A lot of people have been lucky and it only got as far as their throat, as a result those people only had the mild cases. (E.g. Prince Charles)

If it makes it to your lungs, then that's when you have big issues. That's when your are talking ICU care on a ventilator or needing oxygen (eg BoJo). Being young and fit gives you a better chance of making a recovery, but there is still the chance the damage from your lungs gets too extensive then you are a goner.

Still in double digits for new cases but overall nice numbers.

Seeing the numbers skyrocket elsewhere in the world, we really have got it good - was reading about the Australian nurse in Louisiana who implored Australians to take it seriously and how she saw seeing people in their 20s who were complacent dying in front of her - Louisiana has 5 times less people than Australia but will likely end up with 10 times the death toll, at least.

Thank f*** we're not the US.

I've had a fever over 38 since Sunday, so I've had the COVID-19 test yesterday. Terrible timing really as with the Easter break it will probably be Wednesday before I find out anything.

It will be interesting as I've been working from home for three weeks, and not going out except for grocery shopping. So I caught something at the shopping centre, which with all the disinfectant stuff happening is impressive. So I could be an example of community spread, or not

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Quoting myself for good news. I didn't have COVID, only pneumonia. So that is good, apart from me waiting time waiting for a negative to get treatment. Antibiotics are my friend

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

New chart because we're doing too well for the previous one, and better recovery numbers are being published now.
Total Active = Total cases - Total recovered. Blue line goes downwards every day that green bar is bigger than orange bar.
covid-19.jpg

This was me this morning because it's warm enough for a swim with the kids. (In our pool, something different at home)
Ace Ventura Happy Dance GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
Jim Carrey Ace Ventura Quotes. QuotesGram

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uh Oh

The coronavirus may be “reactivating” in people who have been cured of the illness, according to Korea’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

About 51 patients classed as having been cured in South Korea have tested positive again, the CDC said in a briefing on Monday. Rather than being infected again, the virus may have been reactivated in these people, given they tested positive again shortly after being released from quarantine, said Jeong Eun-kyeong, director-general of the Korean CDC.

Uh Oh

The coronavirus may be “reactivating” in people who have been cured of the illness, according to Korea’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

About 51 patients classed as having been cured in South Korea have tested positive again, the CDC said in a briefing on Monday. Rather than being infected again, the virus may have been reactivated in these people, given they tested positive again shortly after being released from quarantine, said Jeong Eun-kyeong, director-general of the Korean CDC.

I am assuming you mean this article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...virus-patients-test-positive-South-Korea.html

Its quite something that you have to get to the 6th paragraph to actually get passed the click bait which contradicts everything that comes before it.

Experts say there is no evidence to prove that the virus acts in this way and studies in monkeys have actually shown the opposite.
And they say in cases where patients produce a positive result twice, it is normally because of a test giving the wrong result, which happens one in five times.

Going to have a spike in cases in the next few days after 120 odd people are flown home from Uruguay, most of whom apparently have covid-19
As long as they are contained it shouldn’t be an isssue, bedsides a number spike I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back