Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a few Aussies in the IPL at the minute.

Warner posted a pic of him and Kane Williamson on the way to their next match, this is legit the measures they are being forced to take at the moment
ba6baf6c27237f6c23d6744c2226b592

Full body suits. Except the hands???

That did strike me as odd as well, but i'm sure there must be some reasoning behind it.

It's not like they can touch their hands to their faces with that full get up anyway

Shipping container? Insulated?
Good to see you are interested. If you work for the Govt and want to build a business case, you can get the latest pricing from some local suppliers, there is one in Welspool and a few around the metropolitan Perth.
If you want some indicative pricing from overseas suppliets, Alibaba is the one for you (I am note saying you have to buy ot from China).
Good luck for your interest.

Good to see you are interested. If you work for the Govt and want to build a business case, you can get the latest pricing from some local suppliers, there is one in Welspool and a few around the metropolitan Perth.
If you want some indicative pricing from overseas suppliets, Alibaba is the one for you (I am note saying you have to buy ot from China).
Good luck for your interest.

I'm in construction. The numbers just don't stack up for me, that's all. Unless you're suggesting we put people in shipping container ovens for 14 days. I can't see that getting rubber stamped. Mining dongas made from insulated Bondor panels, sure.

I'm in construction. The numbers just don't stack up for me, that's all. Unless you're suggesting we put people in shipping container ovens for 14 days. I can't see that getting rubber stamped. Mining dongas made from insulated Bondor panels, sure.
This is all the information I have and cant help you further. Some contruction people have higher profit margin than the others though.
If you want to update your contruction knowledge to the very minor details, then follow the one i suggested to you; get the local quote, and or google through Alibaba.com to find out the price from other countries.

I doubt the politicians will accept that (at least initially). It is highly likely that countries won't let you travel to them unless you have proof of vaccination.

You think McGowan would still lock you down if an appropriate (defined by the medical experts) of the population were vaccinated?

More information regarding the NSW vaccination plan today. Obviously the task for NSW is much greater with roughly 3 times the population, although they do not have the same amount of remote communities but I am impressed with their proactivity with the vaccine rollout.

The vaccine rollout is hardly mentioned in WA, what news from the State Government has there been since the change in recommendations for the use of AZ ?

You think McGowan would still lock you down if an appropriate (defined by the medical experts) of the population were vaccinated?
I was talking about people traveling into Australia.

No, once enough people are vaccinated, surely lockdowns will be a thing of that past. We'll see what other countries do with this, but the UK (for example) is planning to be out of lockdown sometime in Northern Summer as a result of widespread vaccination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More information regarding the NSW vaccination plan today. Obviously the task for NSW is much greater with roughly 3 times the population, although they do not have the same amount of remote communities but I am impressed with their proactivity with the vaccine rollout.

The vaccine rollout is hardly mentioned in WA, what news from the State Government has there been since the change in recommendations for the use of AZ ?
mcgowan likes it how it is so he can continue his reign of stalinism measures to keep the masses controlled.

rather than whinge about every * up including your own and deflect perhaps be pro-active and help us to get out of this rot

Just curious, are the Vaccines working with the spread of transmission? Ive noticed the UK's cases have gone down but is that from lockdown? Meanwhile in the US there vaccine rollout has been just as rapid but their cases haven't had the same drop as the UK.

As far as I'm aware the vaccine doesn't reduce the transmission ability, just the severity of the infection.

As far as I'm aware the vaccine doesn't reduce the transmission ability, just the severity of the infection.
They're still figuring that out. Israel is the best case study, as they did a deal with one of the manufacturers (I think pfizer) to prioritise supply and quickly vaccinate the whole population. In exchange, the government gives them all the health data, so it acts like a massive population test.

Early results indicated that the vaccine does reduce transmission because it reduces viral load. As we've seen in Australia, those with low viral load, don't spread the virus easily (as indicated by several cases of people in the community not transmitting). This is true for most viruses.

I haven't read anything on it for a few months, so it would be interesting to see how their cases are tracking.

They're still figuring that out. Israel is the best case study, as they did a deal with one of the manufacturers (I think pfizer) to prioritise supply and quickly vaccinate the whole population. In exchange, the government gives them all the health data, so it acts like a massive population test.

Early results indicated that the vaccine does reduce transmission because it reduces viral load. As we've seen in Australia, those with low viral load, don't spread the virus easily (as indicated by several cases of people in the community not transmitting). This is true for most viruses.

I haven't read anything on it for a few months, so it would be interesting to see how their cases are tracking.

So basically the idea being less coughing and spluttering the less transmission?

Don't spread your loads, peeps.

I was talking about people traveling into Australia.

No, once enough people are vaccinated, surely lockdowns will be a thing of that past. We'll see what other countries do with this, but the UK (for example) is planning to be out of lockdown sometime in Northern Summer as a result of widespread vaccination.
I'm sure each Australian political leader has their own definition of 'enough'. For the moment none are willing to countenance any community transmission and it's hard to see what will change that.

We'll see how the UK goes against their plan. 'Data not dates' was the slogan but nothing is being brought forward despite their vaccinations being well ahead of targets and cases/deaths dropping dramatically. Also the last stage of their plan doesn't specify that all restrictions will go.

Mr McGowan and Health Minister Roger Cook today “officially” launched the State’s vaccine program, despite almost 100,000 people in WA having received the vaccine already.

Mr Cook called on West Australians to “roll up for WA”.

Mr Cook said Pfizer jabs were in short supply but were expected to “pick up” later in the year.

“We have limited supplies of the Pfizer, but we have good supplies of the AstraZeneca vaccine,” he said.

As of today, 91,957 people in the State have received vaccinations, with 21,730 receiving a second dose.

As of May 17, anyone over the age of 50-years-old will be able to be vaccinated.

Mr McGowan and Health Minister Roger Cook today “officially” launched the State’s vaccine program, despite almost 100,000 people in WA having received the vaccine already.

Mr Cook called on West Australians to “roll up for WA”.

Mr Cook said Pfizer jabs were in short supply but were expected to “pick up” later in the year.

“We have limited supplies of the Pfizer, but we have good supplies of the AstraZeneca vaccine,” he said.

As of today, 91,957 people in the State have received vaccinations, with 21,730 receiving a second dose.

As of May 17, anyone over the age of 50-years-old will be able to be vaccinated.

Obviously they read Bigfooty. :cool:

This is good to see.

I know it hasn’t happened and not needed just yet but it’s interesting how clubs would deal with lockdown/restrictions when elective surgeries are canceled and a player needs surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back