Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point having cash washing around if businesses are not open.
They didn't hand it out in a lump sum, we are a month into a six month plan. More and more businesses will open over the coming weeks and months. Anyway I'm not advocating either way just pointing out there is more than one way to look at things.

WA 4 new cases family returning to Victoria from Doha in quarantine in Perth for two weeks .
It's strange how they measure it as state of residence, not where they are residing with the virus. It's the Vic healthcare system that has to deal with them, surely they are more interested in those stats so they can manage the load.

It's strange how they measure it as state of residence, not where they are residing with the virus. It's the Vic healthcare system that has to deal with them, surely they are more interested in those stats so they can manage the load.
My reading is that they will be in the WA system at the moment.

They didn't hand it out in a lump sum, we are a month into a six month plan. More and more businesses will open over the coming weeks and months. Anyway I'm not advocating either way just pointing out there is more than one way to look at things.
There is always more than several ways in economics. In buseiness there is a simple rule - no sale no income.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are in phase 2 of 4. Phase 3, suspected to commence from mid June, will still leave our state borders closed. Each phase must be given time to compile and analyse the data so we can safely proceed to the next. If that's the case I can't see us going into phase 4 until mid-late July, and that would be a best case scenario where the rest of the states sort their s**t out.

It's not so much that were trying to stop our residents leaving as we can't trust the visitors coming in have been doing the right thing.

We are in phase 2 of 4. Phase 3, suspected to commence from mid June, will still leave our state borders closed. Each phase must be given time to compile and analyse the data so we can safely proceed to the next. If that's the case I can't see us going into phase 4 until mid-late July, and that would be a best case scenario where the rest of the states sort their s**t out.

It's not so much that were trying to stop our residents leaving as we can't trust the visitors coming in have been doing the right thing.

Phase 3 to be revealed Friday and possibly brought forward.

Phase 3 to be revealed Friday and possibly brought forward.

Well I can't speculate too heavily on it being brought forward until it happens, but admittedly even my mid-June date is only a best guess after we were told we'd be in phase 2 for I think 6 weeks? The risk is we burn through to the next phase without giving ourselves enough time to gather data. We don't want to open things up and then find out afterwards that we've been exposed to community transmission somehow.

With all that said, I'm okay with there being a phase 3a whereby our borders are closed except for footy players. That would only be acceptable after there is sufficient proof on file of continuous testing/screening. Given they have to be tested after every contact training session, let alone game day, I think a block of 4 matches plus mini pre-season is enough time to prove the restrictions and protocols work. And if there's any doubt, or cases are popping up, then we have bigger problems and the teams shouldn't be playing footy anyway.

Most of the Regions will be unlocked by the weekend.

Also sounds like phase 3 coming up quicker.

Dark Sharks gyms will be back soon
giphy.gif

The 4 new cases is not a concern at all as they have all been quarantined from the moment they touched down in WA.

We're smashing the coronavirus harder than Freo in their last derby with Ross Lyon.

542B7D43-B524-434C-91B4-94F08D3DE341.gif

Agreed, we need to be sure that the eastern states easing their restrictions quite substantially don't have a blowout in cases before we open borders. SA you think would be fine but then it becomes complicated if one state wants to open completely before the other.

Agreed, we need to be sure that the eastern states easing their restrictions quite substantially don't have a blowout in cases before we open borders. SA you think would be fine but then it becomes complicated if one state wants to open completely before the other.
Look dont risk the one new community transmission in 4 days across 7.5M in NSW - keep locked down

True, but what happens if borders open before WC Richmond game? Does that mean WC can play Richmond in WA?

I highly doubt it, and I wouldn't want it anyway.

As set up WCE wouldn't have to fly any of the preceeding 4 weeks for a game on Thursday vs the Tigers. Both teams coming off 5 day breaks, but with WCE not having to fly and Richmond flying 2.5hrs THE DAY OF THE GAME (first time ever).

From a purely on field advantage POV, it is better to have the game at GC than at Optus (where both teams would be flying in).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back