Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was via public transport then QLD have quite a job tracing all the contacts.

Yeah it's a nightmare scenario.

The punishments aren't severe enough for people trying to slip through the system, a $4000 fine isn't big enough for the potential problems these two geniuses have caused.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
But they can't arrest her. She said so....
She replied: “An offence is usually considered such through legislation. Technically, you must consent to legislation. However even still, they can not arrest you for an offence such as speeding etc.”

I'm pretty sure obtaining a driver's license would have had her consent to legislation.

It's not like she was on foot and living off grid

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
If QLD experiences a 2nd outbreak and Perth gets the Grand Final, you can thank these 2:

The border breach has led to Queensland’s first case of community transmission in 46 days after a 22-year-old woman, reportedly a sister of one of the teens, also tested positive.

It’s understood the infected pair attended a dental practice, five restaurants, bars and other public places in six different suburbs while they should have been isolating
.”
So they have covid 19 and a shellfish allergy by the looks of their lips in those photos

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Richmond and Carlton set for hefty fines due to Covid breaches, family member of a Tiger player went to a beauty salon and a couple of kids belonging to the Carlton hub went to Seaworld with their grandparents, they've had it drummed into them but some people just don't believe the rules apply to them. The Roos had a busload of supporters go to their game which was a breach but they believe they had permission from the AFL so the jury is still out on that one.
All going perfectly then.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
8 days they were roaming around before they tested positive, shows how easy this thing is to spread
View attachment 922898
F595E6AC-914D-4222-A5F3-158FA21ED0B4.gif

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Richmond and Carlton set for hefty fines due to Covid breaches, family member of a Tiger player went to a beauty salon and a couple of kids belonging to the Carlton hub went to Seaworld with their grandparents, they've had it drummed into them but some people just don't believe the rules apply to them. The Roos had a busload of supporters go to their game which was a breach but they believe they had permission from the AFL so the jury is still out on that one.
All going perfectly then.

Vics must be born dumb.

But no, it was the Eagles that didn't know how to hub amirite Vic media?

The three Queensland women who caused the outbreak have been charged by police.

Charged with one count each of providing false or misleading documents under section 364 of the Public Health Act. That charge carries a maximum penalty of $13,345.

All three also face a single serious charge of fraud (dishonestly gaining benefit/advantage), which has a maximum penalty of five years' imprisonment.

What's the bet they get a lenient sentence

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
If lenient means less than the maximum 5 years imprisonment then I'd say the chances are 100% since that would be insane.

If lenient means less than the maximum 5 years imprisonment then I'd say the chances are 100% since that would be insane.

By lenient I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they got a few grand fine and no jail time, despite the massive mess they've now caused by their willful deception.

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS
By lenient I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they got a few grand fine and no jail time, despite the massive mess they've now caused by their willful deception.

A couple of hundred hours of community service would do more for the nation than locking them up.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
A couple of hundred hours of community service would do more for the nation than locking them up.
Maybe a year's worth of disinfecting rooms in aged care homes (once they're infection free of course).
Maybe additional time lecturing schoolgirls on the dangers to looks of excessive botoxing at a young age.

madfx

All Australian
Apr 7, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Stupid ******* idiots. What is wrong with people? If this kicks off that's curtains for qld hub as well, so afl might be forced to finish the season here before we have to open the floodgates later in the year. Hey at least we might get that grand final after all...

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Supposedly a decision in the high court challenge wont be made for a few months. Australia as a whole could be mostly back to normal by then. If not, and the state loses, we could easily extend mandatory quarantine to four weeks instead of two, as a bit of a stop gap.

Also the federal LNP might want to back off on their support of this. People here are starting to associate this challenge with the sitting government, and will remember come the next election.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Aus Border Force's effort trying pin the Diamond Princess debacle on NSW health starting to unravel. No doubt dead eyes Dutton will accept responsibility any minute.

Supposedly a decision in the high court challenge wont be made for a few months. Australia as a whole could be mostly back to normal by then. If not, and the state loses, we could easily extend mandatory quarantine to four weeks instead of two, as a bit of a stop gap.

Also the federal LNP might want to back off on their support of this. People here are starting to associate this challenge with the sitting government, and will remember come the next election.

The political landscape has definitely changed now the Victorian outbreak is spreading. The Feds and States used to be virtually unified in this. Three political certainties at least arise no matter how it plays out eventually:

- There will be an enormous swing against the Lib government in Canberra if they keep this up (especially if WA is dragged back into restrictions and causes people to lose unnecessary jobs)
- McGowan will win with the biggest landslide in WA election history next February
- If Clive Palmer decides to run again in the next Fed election his vote will be sub 1%

The political landscape has definitely changed now the Victorian outbreak is spreading. The Feds and States used to be virtually unified in this. Three political certainties at least arise no matter how it plays out eventually:

- There will be an enormous swing against the Lib government in Canberra if they keep this up (especially if WA is dragged back into restrictions and causes people to lose unnecessary jobs)
- McGowan will win with the biggest landslide in WA election history next February
- If Clive Palmer decides to run again in the next Fed election his vote will be sub 1%
Imagine Palmer’s party going from its current 0 seats to, well, 0 again. Madness.

What was spent on his campaign - sixty million? What a clown.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Aus Border Force's effort trying pin the Diamond Princess debacle on NSW health starting to unravel. No doubt dead eyes Dutton will accept responsibility any minute.

The AFP officer O sounds like he was way over his head and expertise to be clearing a boat full of passengers who may have covid .

Sounds more like the NSW state government fault for not sending a medically qualified official to deal with these cruise ships passengers who were sick .

They seem to be throwing this AFP guy under the bus .

NSW government was poor in the bushfires and covid and need to be held accountable if not legally at least at the next state election

At least one good thing about this spread is that WA authorities have time and the public support to implement draconian restrictions for interstate arrivals.

The honour system clearly isn't working - enforced quarantine should be mandatory like they are for overseas arrivals.
Yeah this half-arsed quarantine doesn’t cut it.

It’s so bloody difficult and stressful for people to get a pass to enter WA, but once in we’re relying on them to do the right thing. What could possibly go wrong?

On day 11 (Sunday) I’m required to venture out into the community so I can be tested for the virus at one of the public clinics. Wouldn’t it make more sense to have someone visit me and administer the test? Like, a lot more sense? Yes there would be additional cost, but compare it to the cost of me inadvertently infecting someone along the way. Or me picking up the virus from someone else at the clinic, but testing negative because I’m pre-symptomatic and then being released into the community a couple of days later. It’s ridiculous.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
The AFP officer O sounds like he was way over his head and expertise to be clearing a boat full of passengers who may have covid .

Sounds more like the NSW state government fault for not sending a medically qualified official to deal with these cruise ships passengers who were sick .

They seem to be throwing this AFP guy under the bus .

NSW government was poor in the bushfires and covid and need to be held accountable if not legally at least at the next state election
There's plenty of blame to go around with that debacle, incompetence from all involved with the possible exception of the port authority.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Yeah this half-arsed quarantine doesn’t cut it.

It’s so bloody difficult and stressful for people to get a pass to enter WA, but once in we’re relying on them to do the right thing. What could possibly go wrong?

On day 11 (Sunday) I’m required to venture out into the community so I can be tested for the virus at one of the public clinics. Wouldn’t it make more sense to have someone visit me and administer the test? Like, a lot more sense? Yes there would be additional cost, but compare it to the cost of me inadvertently infecting someone along the way. Or me picking up the virus from someone else at the clinic, but testing negative because I’m pre-symptomatic and then being released into the community a couple of days later. It’s ridiculous.
The swiss cheese analogy works here, the safeguards kinda work until the time all the little holes in it line up and the virus will slip straight through.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
NSW into the 20's. Does the dam wall burst? They have done pretty well until now all things considering.

Capture-551.png

Last edited:

Jezzza

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
AFL must be getting very nervous now. Cases cropping up in QLD with both NT & SA starting to make noises about quarantine requirements or possible travel bans for those coming from QLD. A week is a long time in footy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back