MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
The three Queensland women who caused the outbreak have been charged by police.

All three also face a single serious charge of fraud (dishonestly gaining benefit/advantage), which has a maximum penalty of five years' imprisonment.

What's the bet they get a lenient sentence
In Qld a 27yo from Ipswich has now tested positive. And he's been to a whole bunch of places where he may have unknowingly spread it. And all the fault of...

The man and five other people dined at a table at Madtongsan IV adjacent to one of the three women with coronavirus who had been in Melbourne.

Those three really need the book thrown at them. It's not as if anything they did was accidental. They deliberately booked in advance and flew back via Sydney so they could lie to authorities about having actually come from Melbourne. That's intent.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Victoria should of stayed under the doona a bit longer.
Interesting numbers on nursing homes in Victoria, the 170 State govt owned homes have had 5 cases, the 400 private homes regulated by the Feds have had over 800 cases. The regulations are so lax in the private sector they effectively don't exist at all.
No requirement to have a trained nurse onsite, staffing levels should be of a "sufficient" number and have "appropriate" training.
Most staff are casual with no leave entitlements and work at multiple homes.
It is a national disgrace and then we have this-

1596420279153.png

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
SA reintroducing some restrictions after a few cases getting about in the community, what a shitshow. I'm starting to rethink the wisdom of going to the footy, seems only a matter of time here.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't necessarily think it is a matter of time here but I think it would be prudent to suspend any further reopenings indefinitely which I think has already happened and perhaps consider scaling down some venue numbers if things get worse in other states, not just Victoria, particularly if SA becomes a concern.

SA and QLD it really is too early to tell. NSW have also been holding the line extremely well considering.

I don't necessarily think it is a matter of time here but I think it would be prudent to suspend any further reopenings indefinitely which I think has already happened and perhaps consider scaling down some venue numbers if things get worse in other states, not just Victoria, particularly if SA becomes a concern.

SA and QLD it really is too early to tell. NSW have also been holding the line extremely well considering.

Not sharing a border with Victoria has helped us out big time

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Victoria 439 cases, 11 deaths all deaths were people in aged care
NSW 12 cases
QLD 0 cases

In terms of cases numbers, not dreadful. NSW is interesting for lack of a better word, how long can cases be maintained in a band of 10-25?

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Victoria 439 cases, 11 deaths all deaths were people in aged care
NSW 12 cases
QLD 0 cases

In terms of cases numbers, not dreadful. NSW is interesting for lack of a better word, how long can cases be maintained in a band of 10-25?

Its been a solid numbers without any major increases over a 4 week ( Maybe more? ) period. Maybe they have been better at contract tracing than Victoria.

Its been a solid numbers without any major increases over a 4 week ( Maybe more? ) period. Maybe they have been better at contract tracing than Victoria.
Less outbreaks. And their outbreaks are tied back to the Vic ones anyway. Seems that hotel quarantining arrangement in Vic is the catalyst for most of the problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Less outbreaks. And their outbreaks are tied back to the Vic ones anyway. Seems that hotel quarantining arrangement in Vic is the catalyst for most of the problems.
That's where it started, from there infiltrated high density apartment blocks where most of the people are casual workers across many service areas, meatworks, aged care etc. Yesterday I wrote 800 people in aged care homes were infected which must have been old figures, todays number is 1200 nearly equally split between carers and the cared for.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Phase 5 has been delayed for another two weeks. A sensible decision while we see how the Victorian lockdown plays out.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Better is an understatement. Quarentine is rock solid in NSW - only a Vic visitor spreadth virus through limites spots so easier to keep under control.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
just delay it until the victorians sort themselves out. no need to keep extending it out every two weeks.
I'm sure this is how it will play out, but just rolling it every two weeks means there is flexibility. I think most people understand the rationale.

Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
6 active cases and no community transmission, quarantine working well and the hardest border controls in the country. Absolute fear mongering

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
6 active cases and no community transmission, quarantine working well and the hardest border controls in the country. Absolute fear mongering

They’re just getting on the bandwagon early to say I told you so if/when it happens.

The reality is, that sort of assumption is a pretty safe bet to happen at some point in the future when we’re talking about a highly contagious, invisible disease.

Until there’s a vaccine present literally everywhere on the planet is “in danger of blowing up”, so whoever that doctor is and whoever wrote the article are hardly going out on a limb by suggesting something like that. If they’re wrong no one remembers it or cares, if they’re right you can guarantee they’ll be swinging their d*ck around making sure everyone knows they said it.

arfadunger

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

I have to say that I have missed the bit in the article as to why WA, in particular, is such a ticking time bomb?

I have to say that I have missed the bit in the article as to why WA, in particular, is such a ticking time bomb?
Without reading the article the concept makes sense to me. We've gone back to normal, more or less, so a breakout could see a quick spread unless people do the right thing and go back into lockdown straight away.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
It is fear mongering, but it is also a possibility. Nobody is wearing masks or social distancing. However, if hotel quarantine is managed effectively and if borders are the savior that many people have said, especially the premier, it shouldn't happen. Even if we get some cases, if they are traced and isolated effectively it can be managed like NSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back