Not open for further replies.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
He wants no responsibility and is happy for the state premiers to squabble amongst themselves and look bad if their decision doesn't come off. Scomo has it good sitting around doing nothing while the premiers do the heavy lifting.
The states should refuse any more arrivals. A couple of days of arrivals being cancelled or forced to sit at an airport will sort it out quickly.

The states should refuse any more arrivals. A couple of days of arrivals being cancelled or forced to sit at an airport will sort it out quickly.

Re-route all returning international travelers through the ACT?

Too bad SCOMO if you end up locked down due to a Quarantine breach ;)

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
No masks as of midnight Sunday morning. Back to the same level as we were on 31 Jan.
That's good news, but there would have been hell to pay if it wasn't the case.

Have they clarified what they will do with capacity at the footy? Club could take a fair hit if we have limited capacity and they have to give members credit again.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Have they clarified what they will do with capacity at the footy? Club could take a fair hit if we have limited capacity and they have to give members credit again.
Dunno sorry. I saw 3 minutes of the press conference and got the info I wanted (no masks).

First game is still 5 weeks away and we’ve seen how things can change literally overnight so I doubt there’s going to be any direction regarding crowds anytime soon

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
First game is still 5 weeks away and we’ve seen how things can change literally overnight so I doubt there’s going to be any direction regarding crowds anytime soon
I was wondering if by default it means we are back to 60% capacity because we've rolled back to whatever stage of restrictions we had when games were last played. Alternatively, they may have scrapped that stage and created a new level. It will be clear once the health department releases an official guideline.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I was wondering if by default it means we are back to 60% capacity because we've rolled back to whatever stage of restrictions we had when games were last played. Alternatively, they may have scrapped that stage and created a new level. It will be clear once the health department releases an official guideline.
I just checked the wording and it says that the "transitional restrictions " will be lifted, so we go back to what we had two weeks ago. I'll assume that will mean 60% capacity

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I mean with all states bar NSW ( Till next week) and Victoria they can now come over without quarantining so already that is a lot different to last years situation. So it might end up being a case of the Melbourne teams only having to hub till it settles down.
Andrews has deemed professional sports players as essential workers. Specifically said Australian Open and AFLW to continue. This implies AFL clubs can train

EagleEgo

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I was wondering whether:
1. 60% capacity without wearing a mask is safer? or
2. 100% capacity with mask is safer?

If 100% of the home crowd are wearing Eagles‘ mask in the Optus Stadium, it will be quite intimaidating to the opposition team.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
It might have been advantageous to fast track some vaccine even if just for quarantine workers. It's all well and good being thorough but can anyone seriously see the TGA knocking back a vaccine that the rest of the world is rolling out. Fair enough we have very few cases but the longer we drag it out the more chance there is of things going pear shaped.

Hap Hapablap

I'm off to Nepal to become a mountain goat.
Jun 27, 2006
Where the cows go bong.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers,Internazionale, Man U
It might have been advantageous to fast track some vaccine even if just for quarantine workers. It's all well and good being thorough but can anyone seriously see the TGA knocking back a vaccine that the rest of the world is rolling out. Fair enough we have very few cases but the longer we drag it out the more chance there is of things going pear shaped.
Think TGA will be approving Astra Zeneca next week. Novavax is the next one off the rank but that will be aprilish.

The swine flu vaccine was rushed out and approved by the FDA and most others, but never by the TGA as they wanted to investigate it more. Turned out it had serious side effects such as narcolepsy that manifested itself down the track. It never got TGA approval anyway as the pandemic died out but a few international equivalent agencies withdrew the swine flu vaccine from use.

It is one government agency I trust wholeheartedly, I think their record is currently flawless when it comes to approvals of drugs. If we have to wait until March for the TGA to give it the all clear, that's a delay worth having.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
He wants no responsibility and is happy for the state premiers to squabble amongst themselves and look bad if their decision doesn't come off. Scomo has it good sitting around doing nothing while the premiers do the heavy lifting.
Its the federal liberal governments responsibility to make sure their rich mates get preferential treatment, make billions of bucks and to make sure they get a no show job for life after politics.

What is this quarantine thing you speak of - how does that make them money?

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I was wondering whether:
1. 60% capacity without wearing a mask is safer? or
2. 100% capacity with mask is safer?

If 100% of the home crowd are wearing Eagles‘ mask in the Optus Stadium, it will be quite intimaidating to the opposition team.
The main risk probably comes from the public transport to the game and the drinks and food at bars and in the stadium (where people circulate with strangers). From that point of view, 100% capacity may be higher risk, but I've always felt it is splitting hairs, as 36k people is a lot, even at 60% capacity (so might as well have 100%).

Masks for the general public is a load of bull. The vast majority of masks people are using do not meet the standard for filtration, they don't fit properly and people wear them inconsistently. This last week Ive seen pretty much no patrons wearing them inside hospitality venues (as they are eating and drinking), people taking them off to be heard on the phone and people taking them off to smoke/eat/drink in public. There is no way that masks at the footy would make any material difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back