Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SE Qld is back into panic mode again.

Two more cases today, a three day lockdown for Brisbane City and Moreton Bay (north Brisbane), with the expectation that it will go on beyond that.

Schools will close from tomorrow, which highlights the level of importance this is being given.

Separate cases identified where people who were infected have travelled to Gladstone and Byron Bay as well (Happy Easter, NSW...).

Qld Health now all but admitting they have no idea how much spread may have occurred in the community over the past 7 days...

People queuing to get tested are waiting up to 6 hours as a complete failure of being able to rapidly ramp up testing is demonstrated once again.

As a result, many people who should be getting tested are not doing so, which increases the overall risk in the community.

It's an absolute shambles over here at the moment.

In an ironic twist, it now appears the Brisbane Lions will effectively be hubbing in Melbourne for the foreseeable future whilst Brisbane is locked down.

It must be said however, if the Federal Government actually did something (well, other than abusing and belittling women), we all would have been vaccinated by now and this outbreak never have taken place.

If closing the borders was constitutional surely they can manage this too. Something being tricky legally shouldn't be an impediment when it's the obvious thing to do.
Employment law is a bit different. I'm sure what mechanism you would use to enforce it
what about other vaccines? Don't midwives, nurses and doctors already have to be vaccinated against a bunch of things in case they infect newborns, vulnerable people etc.
I'm sure that would be a requirement in their employment contract if that is the case - unlikely that was a case for security guards etc, especially if they were employed prior to the vaccine becoming available.

Employment law is a bit different. I'm sure what mechanism you would use to enforce it

It's not like new laws to this effect wouldn't have popular support, and there's likely some form of emergency powers that allow ways around current laws as a temporary measure.

Laws shouldn't really get in the way of obvious public good in a functional society.

i think by law you can make vaccination mandatory based on the role.

to be honest watch with this queensland outbreak the government will start changing things.

anyway heres hoping they now perhaps go and buy different suppliers of other vaccines like johnson and johnson and moderna which are not associated with the s**t*ery known as the EU.

It's not like new laws to this effect wouldn't have popular support, and there's likely some form of emergency powers that allow ways around current laws as a temporary measure.

Laws shouldn't really get in the way of obvious public good in a functional society.
This isn't a logic argument, and popularity would have nothing to do with it.

I've asked around with colleagues who are much more across the detail of employment law this morning and they just don't see how you could enforce this. Your best chance would be declaring quarantine facilities and limit access based on that (which opens a whole new can of worms on privately owned facilities like hotels), but in terms of the employment contract you have a very real challenge.

SE Qld is back into panic mode again.

Two more cases today, a three day lockdown for Brisbane City and Moreton Bay (north Brisbane), with the expectation that it will go on beyond that.

Schools will close from tomorrow, which highlights the level of importance this is being given.

Separate cases identified where people who were infected have travelled to Gladstone and Byron Bay as well (Happy Easter, NSW...).

Qld Health now all but admitting they have no idea how much spread may have occurred in the community over the past 7 days...

People queuing to get tested are waiting up to 6 hours as a complete failure of being able to rapidly ramp up testing is demonstrated once again.

As a result, many people who should be getting tested are not doing so, which increases the overall risk in the community.

It's an absolute shambles over here at the moment.

In an ironic twist, it now appears the Brisbane Lions will effectively be hubbing in Melbourne for the foreseeable future whilst Brisbane is locked down.

It must be said however, if the Federal Government actually did something (well, other than abusing and belittling women), we all would have been vaccinated by now and this outbreak never have taken place.
Sounds pretty hectic - hope they get on top of it soon.

I think it's a bit harsh on the federal government there. Given our success with managing the virus we are low on the list to be able to import vaccines (with EU trade restrictions not helping). That means we have to manufacture our own. They said they can di 1M doses per week, which will take about a year to have the two doses available per person. I'm not sure how it can go any faster.

Sounds pretty hectic - hope they get on top of it soon.

I think it's a bit harsh on the federal government there. Given our success with managing the virus we are low on the list to be able to import vaccines (with EU trade restrictions not helping). That means we have to manufacture our own. They said they can di 1M doses per week, which will take about a year to have the two doses available per person. I'm not sure how it can go any faster.

I'm actually pretty annoyed at both the State and Federal governments on this one.

It has been over 12 months since we started dealing with this - yet the Health Minister still has not come up with any plans for a rapid scaling up of testing when it is necessary.

Is it really that hard to devise an agreement with the armed services based locally in SE Qld and have them ready to provide assistance in facilitating mass testing? Is it really that hard to appropriate massive parking lots and utilise them for in-car testing? In a situation as is currently occurring in SE Qld, the testing response should be coordinated, well communicated and efficient - right now it is anything but that. (I received a message from someone who queued up at 7:30am this morning, and they remained in that same queue at 3:30pm)

People have symptoms yet are not going out to get tested because of the queues - and that is purely due to a lack of proactive coordination from the State government.

As for the Federal government - the vaccine rollout has been a stuff-up before it even officially began.

Once CSL announced they were unable to produce their own home-grown vaccine in the second week of December 2020, Canberra should have stepped in to get provisional approval from the TGA for foreign vaccines and pivot CSL to be ready to mass produce a foreign vaccine.

Those things should have happened on the same day.

The complete lack of leadership in this area effectively delayed the vaccination effort in this country by four months.

Then when the government finally decided to act, they just plucked figures out of mid-air without any account of how the logistics would be conducted.

Back in February, 4 million vaccinations by the end of March was a conservative number - now at the end of March we have achieved just over 500,000 (an eighth of that total) and goals and dates are being continuously revised downwards and backwards without any apparent accountability.

It's a complete mess in both communication and execution.

And now we have an outbreak in Qld sourced from an infection to a front line worker that would have been avoided entirely if the vaccination program in this country was not so ham-fisted.

I'm actually pretty annoyed at both the State and Federal governments on this one.

It has been over 12 months since we started dealing with this - yet the Health Minister still has not come up with any plans for a rapid scaling up of testing when it is necessary.

Is it really that hard to devise an agreement with the armed services based locally in SE Qld and have them ready to provide assistance in facilitating mass testing? Is it really that hard to appropriate massive parking lots and utilise them for in-car testing? In a situation as is currently occurring in SE Qld, the testing response should be coordinated, well communicated and efficient - right now it is anything but that. (I received a message from someone who queued up at 7:30am this morning, and they remained in that same queue at 3:30pm)

People have symptoms yet are not going out to get tested because of the queues - and that is purely due to a lack of proactive coordination from the State government.

As for the Federal government - the vaccine rollout has been a stuff-up before it even officially began.

Once CSL announced they were unable to produce their own home-grown vaccine in the second week of December 2020, Canberra should have stepped in to get provisional approval from the TGA for foreign vaccines and pivot CSL to be ready to mass produce a foreign vaccine.

The complete lack of leadership in this area effectively delayed the vaccination effort in this country by four months.

Then when the government finally decided to act, they just plucked figures out of mid-air without any account of how the logistics would be conducted.

Back in February, 4 million vaccinations by the end of March was a conservative number - now at the end of March we have achieved just over 500,000 (an eighth of that total) and goals and dates are being continuously revised downwards and backwards without any apparent accountability.

And now we have an outbreak in Qld sourced from an infection to a front line worker that would have been avoided entirely if the vaccination program in this country was not so ham-fisted.
How did your mrs go mate? I know you were concerned with her being to a few places in the area's where these people have been.

Those are some valid points. Many of the state governments seem to be sitting around with fingers crossed rather than preparing for an outbreak. WA was very lucky our last case didn't spread as the testing infrastructure was clearly not ready. I don't get the impression they learned much from it either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did your mrs go mate? I know you were concerned with her being to a few places in the area's where these people have been.

Cheers, there are still a lot of unknowns at the moment as with each day there seems to be more venues that are implicated for testing and tracing.

For example, I caught an early train home from work on Thursday last week (mostly to ensure I didn't miss the start of the football that night). Today it turns out that had I caught my usual Thursday train home, I would have been sharing it with one of the infected cases...

Thankfully neither of us have been to any of the listed venues during the times of concern.

The wife is mostly anxious about whether the continuance of her treatment will be affected and what kind of exposure risk will be posed if it is able to proceed as scheduled. Hopefully in the next day or so we'll receive some clarity in terms of what is going on and the options available.

The kids are home now, schools are closed, car has been topped up with fuel and Coles delivered groceries today - so we are just staying at home now with no plans to go anywhere for a while at least.

Cheers, there are still a lot of unknowns at the moment as with each day there seems to be more venues that are implicated for testing and tracing.

For example, I caught an early train home from work on Thursday last week (mostly to ensure I didn't miss the start of the football that night). Today it turns out that had I caught my usual Thursday train home, I would have been sharing it with one of the infected cases...

Thankfully neither of us have been to any of the listed venues during the times of concern.

The wife is mostly anxious about whether the continuance of her treatment will be affected and what kind of exposure risk will be posed if it is able to proceed as scheduled. Hopefully in the next day or so we'll receive some clarity in terms of what is going on and the options available.

The kids are home now, schools are closed, car has been topped up with fuel and Coles delivered groceries today - so we are just staying at home now with no plans to go anywhere for a while at least.
Just sucks you guys are in this position considering we should be a fair way into our vaccine program by now.
Must be pretty stressful, really hope it's a quick lockdown and it's not as bad as it seems.

Sydney are being forced to quarantine and isolate due to playing in Brisbane first week. Sucks for them but it brings up a point: are we playing any teams in the near future that have a game scheduled in QLD? Because Gold Coast isn't part of the hot spots I can see the AFL playing games at Metricon still, but WA's border closed to the whole of QLD as opposed to any hotspots, is it worthy of concern?

Sydney are being forced to quarantine and isolate due to playing in Brisbane first week. Sucks for them but it brings up a point: are we playing any teams in the near future that have a game scheduled in QLD? Because Gold Coast isn't part of the hot spots I can see the AFL playing games at Metricon still, but WA's border closed to the whole of QLD as opposed to any hotspots, is it worthy of concern?
Doesn't look like it. The only game that might have been affected would be Collingwood had they played as planned at the GABBA this weekend

This is a global military intelligence operation.

The 1871 Act of England has been reversed & the Title 4 Flag has been captured. A global clean up is happening under the disguise of a cold n flu virus.
Seriously time to wake up. We are about to wipe absolutely everything written on paper from 1871. R.I.P Big Pharma shortly, Big Tech, MSM etc.
See Indonesia Oil Refinery.
See Cyber Attacks on Media/Newspapers.
Global Cyber Security Crisis.
Zero Day Incoming.
The Apocalypse will be televised
We are moving from Oil & Gas to Precious Metals & Tesla Free Energy/Suppressed Technologies.
Look up Gibraltar Castle. TUNNELS.
There is so so much more going on than you lot are even paying attention too.

By the way Josh Kennedy is JFK Jrs Son.
Hence why he wears number 17.
Thats why he is in my Display Picture.
Josh Kennedy, Ezra Cohen Watnick &
Kayleigh McEnany are all siblings and have been in the Federal Witness Protection Program

Look here,not there. TIME TO WAKE UP.

Lastly why i can say this.
Everything that is forthcoming, has been done already.
Brace For Impact.
It is Biblical.
Solid sequel to Luke Shuey is Illuminati :D

I did read or hear somewhere that when the AFL decided to move the Brisbane/Collingwood game to Marvel (which was before the cluster was too big) one of the considerations was that if they did play it in Brisbane that it could have impacted the Collingwood/Eagles game here 2 weeks later.

Doubt we see big hubs again as long as outbreaks are only confined to one state. So far they have managed to navigate the fixture without to much drama.
We only really see a hub if its Victoria locked down, they will work around any other state.

Another eight new local cases here.

Toowoomba and Hervey Bay with confirmed cases.

A host of tracing locations added now which implicates the Gold Coast as well (as expected).

A hen's night at Byron Bay looms as a potential super-spreading event.

What a mess. We spent 2.5 hours today in a traffic queue with unhappy kids to get tested as the wife came down with flu-like symptoms overnight.

The staff conducting the testing are doing a fantastic job of it (in the rain as well), there just is not enough of them for the numbers of people coming forward for tests.

The Suns may have to leave early to not impact their Friday match in Adelaide against the Crows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back