Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Someone with Covid who caught it at a restaurant was picked up during the snap lockdown, which means in this instance the 3 day lockdown probably prevented a larger outbreak. Why complain about rapidly easing restrictions that will have the effect of making people more cautious just in case we missed someone? This illness still has a 14 day incubation period right?

Pretty sure the government is relying on enough people doing the right thing that in the unlikely event we have missed someone Covid positive spread will be more limited than if there were no restrictions, so if you want to set a bad example for everyone go for it but don't pretend it's righteous.
The problem with their restrictions is that there are so many holes in them that they can't possibly effective. I agree that there is still another week's worth of risk, my preference in how to handle this would be more along the lines of:
  • No crowd at the football for this week, it is impossible to safeguard given all the interactions people will have on the way to and from the game
  • Open restaurants/bars etc, but table service only and 4m2 to keep people spaced out. No dancing.
  • Keep nightclubs closed (unless they can pivot to table service food/drinks).
  • Work from home where you can
  • Ditch masks - they are a pisstake and we didn't need them first time around. Sure, if everyone had the proper P95 grade (or whatever they are), then they would protect us, but these ill fitting cloth things don't do squat.
In terms of the hard lockdown, I don't think it was necessary and we would have ended up with the same outcome had we implemented something like the above initially. The key factor being that they knew who the first patient was and were able to trace everyone. Different story if it had just popped up randomly somewhere are no link could be found. This approach is consistent with what other states have done this year.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
If I am sitting in an office with 10 people we all have to wear masks, then if myself, those 10 and another random 9 people off the street then walk into my house, we can all take our masks off.
Sounds kinky

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
No major gripes with masks. One minor one tho is how it dries the s**t out of your beard and it turns makes your face itch my as *.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I shaved down to a Chopper style mo last weekend, just for fun. Only the family can see it, (and don't they love it, especially the wife) as everywhere I go the mask covers it.
i hope you keep it and shock your colleagues when things go back to norm

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
The whole thing here with regard to the latest "outbreak" and the previous one is farcical.
The previous one probably wasnt even an actual covid infection but because this govt jumped the gun they had to stick fast and make us all go through two weeks of unnecessary "rules"
This time around is pretty much the same except for the fact the state emergency act was set to expire last weekend. Surprise surprise we end up having a covid emergency.
This state Govt and its leader are all about look at me, do as i say, I saved us, etc etc

To compare us to states that had actual community spread and outbreaks is just treating us like morons.

Hey if over the next two weeks we have multiple positive covid 19 tests then i am wrong and take it all back. But to be honest i reckon it is more likely there will be some random case in the next 3 mths calling for another snap lockdown.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
The whole thing here with regard to the latest "outbreak" and the previous one is farcical.
The previous one probably wasnt even an actual covid infection but because this govt jumped the gun they had to stick fast and make us all go through two weeks of unnecessary "rules"
This time around is pretty much the same except for the fact the state emergency act was set to expire last weekend. Surprise surprise we end up having a covid emergency.
This state Govt and its leader are all about look at me, do as i say, I saved us, etc etc

To compare us to states that had actual community spread and outbreaks is just treating us like morons.

Hey if over the next two weeks we have multiple positive covid 19 tests then i am wrong and take it all back. But to be honest i reckon it is more likely there will be some random case in the next 3 mths calling for another snap lockdown.
Yeah, he's going to tank the economy on a long weekend to fake a covid case.
As much as it pissed me off the short lockdowns are far better than letting it actually get into community like Melbourne did.

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Wow.
Probably the most contagious and easily spread virus in like 100 years and we get one or two cases classified as community spread??
A hotel worker contracts a most contagious variant through a hotel air duct , the only person to do so in said hotel. Then while he has the virus goes on to visit more places in a couple of days than most people do in a month. And no person in the community caught it????? Really?????
Either we as the people of this state and city are so vigilant and steadfast with our hygene and public distancing and sanitizing that the virus gets halted in its tracks, or.....

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Wow.
Probably the most contagious and easily spread virus in like 100 years and we get one or two cases classified as community spread??
A hotel worker contracts a most contagious variant through a hotel air duct , the only person to do so in said hotel. Then while he has the virus goes on to visit more places in a couple of days than most people do in a month. And no person in the community caught it????? Really?????
Either we as the people of this state and city are so vigilant and steadfast with our hygene and public distancing and sanitizing that the virus gets halted in its tracks, or.....
or......you're a ******* idiot. Do you think all the news and footage out of India and Europe the past year was fake? Let me guess you're a flat earther and the moon landing was filmed on a movie set too.

Last edited:
Wow.
Please, don't destroy another thread.

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
or......you're a ******* idiot. Do you think all the news and footage out of India and Europe the past year was fake? Let me guess you're a flat earther and the moon landing was filmed on a movie set too.
Geez mate i am refering to HERE IN OUR STATE.
I actually needed to spell that out.
Yes covid is real
Yes it is a deadly beast of a more than likely man made or altered virus
Yes it is killing millions of people around the world
But not HERE IN WA. Mainly because we as the people did the right thing from the start and continue to do so. Us the residents of WA.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes covid is real
But not HERE IN WA. Mainly because we as the people did the right thing from the start and continue to do so. Us the residents of WA.
So..... having lockdowns when there's community cases that kind of thing?

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes covid is real
Actually, on second thought I'm not even engaging with you on this.
Just shut the * up with your bullshit

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
This bloke is all over the shop. Locks down when there is a case that could be traced. Now that we've had multiple infected going all over the city, he doesn't look down.

Not to mention the multiple failures in hotel quarantine. Doesn't close the dangerous hotel and the returned traveller is infected. Still can't fix the security guard risk.

No wonder he's trying to get the Federal Government to take over, he is clearly incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back