Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bloke is all over the shop. Locks down when there is a case that could be traced. Now that we've had multiple infected going all over the city, he doesn't look down.

Not to mention the multiple failures in hotel quarantine. Doesn't close the dangerous hotel and the returned traveller is infected. Still can't fix the security guard risk.

No wonder he's trying to get the Federal Government to take over, he is clearly incompetent.

I understand the arguments against but I can see the logic of the lockdowns so far.

January - unknown period of time that he was infectious, all over Perth when there was no restrictions on movement and assembly
April - 5 days he was possibly infectious, doing tourist things all over Perth, housemate and restaurant visitors also tested positive
Today - less movement, only known to be infectious during lockdown, housemates presumably quickly tested and isolated

As others have said I think 48 hours will tell us where we're at and where we're headed.

I understand the arguments against but I can see the logic of the lockdowns so far.

January - unknown period of time that he was infectious, all over Perth when there was no restrictions on movement and assembly
April - 5 days he was possibly infectious, doing tourist things all over Perth, housemate and restaurant visitors also tested positive
Today - less movement, only known to be infectious during lockdown, housemates presumably quickly tested and isolated

As others have said I think 48 hours will tell us where we're at and where we're headed.

Umm strange that he is waiting till tomorrow to make the call on crowds

So this guard was vaccinated only last week apparently? What the *.

The level of complacency from Federal AND State governments in this country is an absolute outrage. Too busy switching between patting each other on the back and picking fights, not enough action. We will have lockdowns for longer than other advanced nations, and families and friends will be separated for longer.

McGowan is an egomaniac and Scott Morrison is a god bothering incompetent arsehole. Both can go jump.

So this guard was vaccinated only last week apparently? What the fu**.

The level of complacency from Federal AND State governments in this country is an absolute outrage. Too busy switching between patting each other on the back and picking fights, not enough action. We will have lockdowns for longer than other advanced nations, and families and friends will be separated for longer.

McGowan is an egomaniac and Scott Morrison is a god bothering incompetent arsehole. Both can go jump.
Well being under 50 he had to wait for the pfizer vaccine, which we have * all of at the moment

Don't think we have the facilities to produce it.
That's right, we don't.

My sister works in public health and shared an interesting theory with me today. She reckons that once the US has done the bulk of their vaccination (around July/Aug), they will have shitloads of spare Pfizer which they can send our way. Given our rather small population, it's likely we'll have all the vaccine we need by spring.

Odds are, those in the last cohort will end up with Pfizer.

That's right, we don't.

My sister works in public health and shared an interesting theory with me today. She reckons that once the US has done the bulk of their vaccination (around July/Aug), they will have shitloads of spare Pfizer which they can send our way. Given our rather small population, it's likely we'll have all the vaccine we need by spring.

I think the government's already done some sort of deal with the US. Believe there's one called norovax coming later in the year as well. There's also a new traditional style vaccine that looks promising we might end up with at some stage

That's right, we don't.

Let's hope they set up some mass Vac centres, then. That stuff has a pretty average shelf life so we will need bodies coming through the revolving door to get it done.

It doesn't solve what the country folk do, though.

Let's hope they set up some mass Vac centres, then. That stuff has a pretty average shelf life so we will need bodies coming through the revolving door to get it done.

It doesn't solve what the country folk do, though.
NSW has some.mass vaccination centres and the WA government said this week they are setting one up (or have already done so).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not probably.

It is the right call.

As much as it sucks.
Yep. I was very against the hard lockdown last weekend as I didn't think it was necessary given the cases were identified and tracked. I'm the opposite for this one, the guy lived in a house with 8 others - this thing could have spread all over the place. Play it safe and monitor how we go over next few days.

Doesn't mean the government gets a pass for their absolute mismanagement of hotel quarantine though. Yet again a security guard either doesn't have proper PPE or doesn't use it. Also spreads it while on their days off. This is the exact scenario that happened in January!

Yep. I was very against the hard lockdown last weekend as I didn't think it was necessary given the cases were identified and tracked. I'm the opposite for this one, the guy lived in a house with 8 others - this thing could have spread all over the place. Play it safe and monitor how we go over next few days.

Doesn't mean the government gets a pass for their absolute mismanagement of hotel quarantine though. Yet again a security guard either doesn't have proper PPE or doesn't use it. Also spreads it while on their days off. This is the exact scenario that happened in January!

The security guard is a person. He had no reason to believe he was COVID positive at the time. He was following all protocols with regards to use of PPE and non-contact with guests and CCTV has confirmed this. He did not have a second job as directed by the WA government. It is not reasonable to expect him to be locked up at home while he is not at work and while he is not exhibiting any symptoms or been in contact with hotel quarantine guests.

Over here in Adelaide we are hearing talk of no footy in WA for month perhaps. Are you guys hearing anything over there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back