Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombard

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
She did the right thing, for sure - but you cannot help but feel that she wouldn't even be in this situation if the gold standard state got their sh*t together and wasn't sucked in by their own hubris.

I just broke my damn mouse smashing like here. When you enter these situations with a predefined ideological mindset - in any direction - you're ****ed from day dot. Let the facts determine the outcome, not your bloody high horse.

I'm about half way through The Premonition by Michael Lewis and this is a common theme in the useless US response. Experts and leaders refused to unlearn things that made them feel good about being experts and leaders, and never challenged their own thinking as a result.

The whole country now has to hold its breath because Gladys wanted to make a point. She certainly has made a point, to be fair. Useless.

At least it's three days of light restrictions (for now) and not a five day lockdown like Jan/Feb. Physio seems like a high risk job location though so hopefully she's not a spreader.

Not going to happen.

Seems like the Mobius gym is the only workplace of concern. Hopefully we got away with this one because she hasn't been seeding all of Perth in the three days and only had a couple of visits to shopping centres.

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Seems to me like there's snap venue restrictions, and the the venue can't make them work straight away so the easiest thing for them is to cancel the whole thing?

Would people prefer an option where the first 50% of the ticket purchases are still let in? I'd assume so, and wonder why it's not an option. Sounds as much like bad business practices as it is government over-reaction.

I just broke my damn mouse smashing like here. When you enter these situations with a predefined ideological mindset - in any direction - you're f’ed from day dot. Let the facts determine the outcome, not your bloody high horse.

I'm about half way through The Premonition by Michael Lewis and this is a common theme in the useless US response. Experts and leaders refused to unlearn things that made them feel good about being experts and leaders, and never challenged their own thinking as a result.

The whole country now has to hold its breath because Gladys wanted to make a point. She certainly has made a point, to be fair. Useless.

You'll love this then...

"I do not regret a single decision we have taken because it has been based on health advice and also when you are making a major decision to lock down millions and millions of people, you have to make sure it is based on health advice," she said.

The health advice of all other states (and now territories, given what has just happened in the NT) has consistently been to do an early and hard lockdown so you can get away with a short one. Did Dr Chant get it that wrong? Or maybe she was railroaded by the ideology of NSW? I tend to think it's the latter.

bombard

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
You'll love this then...

The health advice of all other states (and now territories, given what has just happened in the NT) has consistently been to do an early and hard lockdown so you can get away with a short one. Did Dr Chant get it that wrong? Or maybe she was railroaded by the ideology of NSW? I tend to think it's the latter.

"I regret nothing" is the calling card of the damned in politics. Also Bender from Futurama. He'd probably be a better Premier.

Footfalcon

Senior List
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s best if we all get double the dosage of all branded vacs just in case, and perhaps the snip to prevent more people from getting it

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s best if we all get double the dosage of all branded vacs just in case, and perhaps the snip to prevent more people from getting it
1624766206112.png

"I regret nothing" is the calling card of the damned in politics. Also Bender from Futurama. He'd probably be a better Premier.

That was actually Hedonism Bot in Futurama you filthy casual.

j/k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just broke my damn mouse smashing like here. When you enter these situations with a predefined ideological mindset - in any direction - you're f’ed from day dot. Let the facts determine the outcome, not your bloody high horse.

She's not only a terrible Premier but a pretty average human being in general.

Liberal Parties golden child though so she can do pretty much whatever she wants and Murdoch/Scomo look after her.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
She did the right thing, for sure - but you cannot help but feel that she wouldn't even be in this situation if the gold standard state got their sh*t together and wasn't sucked in by their own hubris.
If we have to lockdown again we should send her the bill like she tried to with the hotel quarantine. Absolute moron with her "gold standard" bullshit grandstanding has likely just managed to shut the country down

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
She's not only a terrible Premier but a pretty average human being in general.

Liberal Parties golden child though so she can do pretty much whatever she wants and Murdoch/Scomo look after her.
She is an idiot and her 2IC Bruz is an even bigger stooge.

Both combined don't hold a candle to how much of an idiot Dan Andrews is .

McGowan has been pretty bloody good in my opinion and if he calls for another lockdown so be it . He has been on the money so far

She is an idiot and her 2IC Bruz is an even bigger stooge.

Both combined don't hold a candle to how much of an idiot Dan Andrews is .

McGowan has been pretty bloody good in my opinion and if he calls for another lockdown so be it . He has been on the money so far :whitecheck:

This guy takes the cake for the biggest dropkick in Australian Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back